Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn fidowicz, killin it.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Yes sir. this is looking good man
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Man that looks clean! Fit that Alpina lip up and it'll be mint.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Looking good mate.

Any room to go lower/add a spacer?

Comment

look great, cant wait to see some side shots.

Comment

The wheels look great on that car. But please, stop thinking about chopping springs, this is just bad for the driveability and plain dangerous if you ever want to go high speed on German Autobahn.
              Just do it right and get a set of different coilovers if yours dont provide enough lows.
              Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
              Oh, and your car too.

Comment

the car looks fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                  Damn dude, those look great
                  Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                  Damn fidowicz, killin it.
                  Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                  Yes sir. this is looking good man
                  Thank you guys! I'm getting so much good feedback on this, I'm over the moon. The E46 Facebook owners club loved it too, happy days all around.

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                  Man that looks clean! Fit that Alpina lip up and it'll be mint.
                  All in good time. I'm absolutely loving the SE front bumper at the moment too, so I'm in no rush.

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                  Looking good mate.

Any room to go lower/add a spacer?
                  Ahhh yes, I'd like to push the rears out a little. This would involve some arch work however, and E46 arches are thick and prone to rust, so I'm going to have to do some thinking first. Initial thoughts are 5mm spacers in the back and take the arch lining out?

I'd like to avoid rolling them as I fear this might lead to them rusting. Also there's not a lot of stretch on the tires soooo yeah.

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                  look great, cant wait to see some side shots.
                  Scroll down!

Originally posted by Nagah View Post
                  The wheels look great on that car. But please, stop thinking about chopping springs, this is just bad for the driveability and plain dangerous if you ever want to go high speed on German Autobahn.
                  Just do it right and get a set of different coilovers if yours dont provide enough lows.
                  The highest speed this goes is about 75mph I'm afraid my man! Although do not worry, I'm going to get some new rear springs before cutting anything. This car is going to be built properly and fully road legal etc.

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                  the car looks fantastic
                  Thanks man.

Here's some more photos! I'm going to a local Krispy Kreme meet tomorrow, so afterwards I'm going to pop down to a car park and take some more proper photos!

Can confirm this photo is not staged, nor is it on my tinder profile... no honestly it's the only side on photo I have and I **** it! haha

Also since, I've put on an all-fit lip along the side skirts. YES, I KNOW they are flared and wobbly. I can confirm multiple sources have told me that they will flatten out in the sun so I shall keep them for now until I can afford the real plastic thing.

I have also put on my white and gold BBS center caps. I can confirm that they are indeed fake (please don't look at me funny) but I just cannot afford real ones at the moment as they're about £60 where as these fake ones were £5.

I'm not sold on the colour combo yet, and I'll be getting real dark blue ones next month.

So here's some photos of the wonky side skirt extension, and some wonky photos of rollers. I need to get proper rollers done too... this is the problem of being the photographer, there's no one around who wants to take pictures of me rolling!

Last edited by Mehowski; 08-07-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

looks really classy with those wheels !

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                    Ahhh yes, I'd like to push the rears out a little. This would involve some arch work however, and E46 arches are thick and prone to rust, so I'm going to have to do some thinking first. Initial thoughts are 5mm spacers in the back and take the arch lining out?

I'd like to avoid rolling them as I fear this might lead to them rusting. Also there's not a lot of stretch on the tires soooo yeah.
                    just cut them out and seal the 2 edges....its simple and mine haven´t been rusting for the previous 3 years daily driving.
                    I make sure to re-seal them before winter but I haven´t had any problems so far and you get loads of room.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                      looks really classy with those wheels !

just cut them out and seal the 2 edges....its simple and mine haven´t been rusting for the previous 3 years daily driving.
                      I make sure to re-seal them before winter but I haven´t had any problems so far and you get loads of room.
                      I shall look into it dude!

Scott (silved e36 Touring) approached me about some BC rear springs he might be selling. Hopefully they'll still be available at the end of the month so I can take them off him.

In the mean time, have more photos of it!

Comment

Mr. OEM + guy

Comment

So I've had a rather busy weekend. I got accepted to my first ever show, Rollhard, which was pretty exciting! Unfortunately I got a pretty shitty parking spot, however I'm still gald to have gotten in bearing in mind I was on standard wheels when I sent off my application photos.

With that said I went all out to make sure the car looked its best - took it to a friend of mine who's into his detailing lets say, and he helped me get the car looking its best.

I also tried a quick refurb of the rear boot lights as they were in a state. I split them open, did my best to polish them up and sealed it back up. They don't look brand new but it's definitely an improvement, and I definitely had to take care of it as the E46 coupe boot lights have a tendency to split open letting in dirt and water under the lenses. The one on the left is how they came, the one on the right was after a brief wash.

And now annoyingly I don't have any photos of it on the car! It was something I did at 11:00 at night before Rollhard. Absolute pain in the arse to fit them back in in pitch black haha, but saved me £30 which I'd have spent buying new ones.

Right, so let me share some photos of it all detailed from the afternoon before. You can actually see the boot lights before I cleaned em up here.

A friend of mine Harry caught me parking up at the show. It was precisely at this moment I realised that I will be ripping off my stupid side skirt on an unavoidable bump.

All in all it was a pretty relaxing day!

Next month I'm dropping the rear and hopefully spacing it out a bit - In the mean time I'll see if I can machine polish the thing and sort out some other little bits.

Thanks!
                          Last edited by Mehowski; 08-14-2017, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post

Dude I'm in love with your car and I freaking love this shot.Keep it up with the good work

Comment

Caught a quick glimpse of this at Rollhard, went to have a closer look later on but you must have gone

Looking unbelievably well I really like those centre caps!

Comment

Thank you guys!

Update time:

So, as I've been ticking off the aesthetic parts of the to-do list I must say I've sort of forgotten to actually take care of the engine, which is probably the most important and expensive part of the car - I really can't afford for the car to go wrong here.

While I did service it about 3,000 miles ago, I never took care of the oil leak. Another thing a friend pointed out to me is that I'll have white smoke coming from my exhaust when I start it up and when I put my foot down. Not good. Seeing as I go through a whole liter of oil in about 750-900 miles, it all makes sense that I'm probably burning a little bit of oil.

Now I know what you're thinking, the term which puts shivers down the back of any car enthusiast. Head gasket. *insert dramatic music and thunder noises*

So, I said I'll be taking care of rear springs etc. next month, no no. I will firstly fix the leaking gasket seal, and then I'll take it down to the garage and get my cylinders pressure tested.

From there, I'll do the necessary work to get it running right. I mean the car is already running really well as far as I can tell, no stuttering and I can't smell any oil, but if symptoms are showing then it's best to catch any problems before they develop. I was also thinking on getting new spark plugs and petrol filter, but this should probably come before the rear springs too. Until next month then, I shall make sure I don't rag the poor thing and drive it sensibly. I do this anyway I guess so it won't be tricky.

Oh, I also found out that the stance|works banners have disappeared from The Lowly Gentlemen store. I'm a little heart broken as I've wanted one since before I got my licence. Luckily a friend of mine had a spare white one, I wanted a chrome one to match my stickers on the back however I can't be picky at desperate times like these!

That's another dream come true I guess, finally get one of the banners on my own car...

Last edited by Mehowski; 08-17-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X