No announcement yet.

The e36 Revival.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it is finally here, i am so happy with this piece. RTD Shifter.

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

This thread is so much yes!

Never see the day that I like a set og 1000Miglia so much

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
        This thread is so much yes!

Never see the day that I like a set og 1000Miglia so much
        thanks man!!
        I didn't even know what the wheels were when I first bought them I just saw how cheap they were and I had to have them for winters!
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

super clean build, looking forward to seeing the install of that RTD Shifter

Comment

nice 36er.

the equip wheels looked even better i think

Comment

Last edited by Benwalsh91; 12-16-2017, 02:16 PM.
              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

I made up some engine raisers for the car, yet to be fitted. i made a batch of them so if anyone would be interested drop me a message. They will fit a few different types of BMWs

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                  I made up some engine raisers for the car, yet to be fitted. i made a batch of them so if anyone would be interested drop me a message. They will fit a few different types of BMWs

Do these fuck up something in the bay or does the engine clear everything even when lifted? Also can I drop them in without dismantling the steering or anything? If yes, I'm interested a lot (damn aluminum pans)

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                    Do these fuck up something in the bay or does the engine clear everything even when lifted? Also can I drop them in without dismantling the steering or anything? If yes, I'm interested a lot (damn aluminum pans)
                    They don't fuck with anything at all luckily. they raise it just enough to not mess with the steering or any of the drive train. You just unbolt your engine mounts. lift the engine up. bolt these to your engine mounts then drop the engine back on these raisers. you are required to trim down the studs on your existing engine mounts but 15mm of thread should still bolt into the engine raiser which will be enough.
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• I have been super busy with lots of other things recently but there will be some good updates on this shortly!

for now i managed to locate and buy some genuine BMW Motorsport door handles, yes there is some pin striping inside the writing but i should be able to remove this before fitting so that won't be staying.

I know they are a pig to fit but i planned on replacing all the seals etc etc anyway.
                      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• So I have been running through ideas in my head on what to do for the interior....

as you know I have the RTD shifter set up and this made me thought... race car theme so I was looking at some Recaro seats but I just didn't know what I wanted.

I was looking between Vaders and Recaro and then a set of freshly retrimmed in black leather front vaders came up for sale. not cheap but they are immaculate I just felt I needed these in my life.

so I did a buy.

I am now hunting down rear leather seats which I may have found a set local.

I need leather door cards front and back which are proving more difficult to find but I will get some in time, its just a waiting game now.

I am getting my mtech2 wheel retrimmed in full alcantara incl airbag ive seen this on an individual model and it looks FANTASTIC!!

photo to show how it will look when I get it back, I will also get gear gaiter and an all in 1 handbrake handle and gaiter made from the same alcantara so it all matches.

I have FOOLISHLY sold the 1000miglia, im sorry but I had to fund this interior somehow. so new tyres have been ordered for the equips and they will be going back on then off she goes to the shop to get all done and running properly.

really excited for this year now as I hope to get this driving and enjoying it also hitting some big life stages this year. I am getting married in May which I have mentioned before and we also just put an offer in on our first house!! for these reasons updates have been slow, its been stressful and expensive but its been well worth the wait.
                        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Leather vaders are just sooo beautiful

Comment

• If you werent so far id send over my rear seats and door cards. Door cards need love but I dont need them anymore.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                              Leather vaders are just sooo beautiful
                              for the car I invision in my head and to me "my perfect e36" It just had to have Vader interior.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              If you werent so far id send over my rear seats and door cards. Door cards need love but I dont need them anymore.
                              Man I seriously appreciate that. thank you for the thought. luckily, a local friend of mine has some clean e36 black leather rear seats and rear door cards, so all I need to find is front door cards but the person I have got the vaders off said he may have some in storage so waiting to hear back from him.

trying to decide if I want to get an armrest in the coupe or leave it without one...
                              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• I have the armrest on my e36 and I fricking **** it, it's always in the way when shifting, it's only good for highway use but it's also awful looking so to me its 100% better without

Comment

Working...
                                X