E38 S62 with ESS supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E38 S62 with ESS supercharger

Built a turbo M52/S52 cam E34 and then sold it to build a 99 E39 touring with LSx427 which I sold to build this. Owned an 07 E63 AMG between the touring and E38 but it just wasn't the right fit so I built the ultimate car to me. 01 740 M sport with 40k original miles. Freshly built stock S62/6 speed with ESS supercharger. M5 driveshaft modified to fit with the subframe modified to fit a freshly built 210mm M5 diff with 4 clutch upgrade. 750 axles, UUC sway bars front and rear, H&R II springs, Bilstein HD struts/shocks, Brembo GT BBK up front with 2 piece 355x32 rotors, 750 rear rotors/calipers. I paid a bunch of guys I had met on bimmerforums to do most of the work on this one since I was tired of spending countless hours in the garage with my son having turned 4 this year.

I started with Apex ARC8 wheels then sold those to order BC Forged. While waiting, I also picked up a set of Racing Dynamics RD2's but didn't feel like they were quite right. Final wheels are BC Forged HB04 2 piece in tinted clear over brushed. 19x9.5/10 et12/13.

I must admit I really wanted the wheels to be lighter and less bronze but in person they are really growing on me a lot. I may have them refinished but will leave them for a few months.

The interior has been custom dyed caramel with black alcantara headliner/pillars/parcel shelf/black dash and carpet. M5 steering wheel and gauge cluster with white LED retrofit. Modern BMW NBT nav/idrive/OBD retrofit with 10" high res screen.

The car is an absolute dream to drive and made 433 RWHP with 458 corrected.

Last edited by RVAE34; 03-26-2017, 04:41 PM.

Woah.. So clean! Does the S52 bolt in? Looks factory in there.
    Instagram
    1972 BMW 2002 build thread
    Youtube

Comment

The S62 bolts right in but there is still quite a bit of work and parts needed to do the S62 swap. But it's definitely easier than swapping it into most other chassis's.

Comment

your e39 tourer was to die for to be quite honest... Always been extremely fond of your builds and this is nothing out of the ordinary for you. Insane as always, such a perfect car where class and luxury meets insane performance all infused into an e38 chassis. This would be the closest call to something along the lines of an "M7" if they ever made one haha!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

This is amazing, what a stunning big bus with M-Power to match the presence...
          My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Holy crap this thing is cool

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

yoooooooo......
              IG: Dimitriantoniou
              1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
              1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Thanks, everyone!! This is by far my favorite car I have owned. Checks all the right boxes. I kept the stock 740 mufflers so it's pretty much dead silent out back. Starting to want some growl but it is super nice being quiet. Also quite the sleeper. And the wheel color continues to grow on me. Looks a lot different in person anyway.

Comment

Wow, what a machine, I loved your Touring, but this is way better!

Comment

Working...
                  X