MK3 Golf - euro virginity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK3 Golf - euro virginity

Just picked up this old girl for $900. Its a '96 MK3 Golf, I needed another car to get around in while my S13 is off the road and sick of driving a work van. Overall seems pretty straight, runs pretty well, has cheap coilovers and some enkeis but needs a bit of love

Gave her a scrub straight away, unfortunately I didn't get any pics before washing it. It was pretty filthy when I picked it up.

First things that needed attention were the brakes, the pedal was basically on the floor before they did anything. Replaced pads and rotors and flushed the fluid.

Had a look around underneath and degreased everything. Everything was pretty clean with no leaks.

photo of my VH45 S13

Found some photos from before it had a clean, desperately want to fix up the paint but it will need a full respray.

And a picture of the cheap coilovers. They do the job for now but they are pretty trash, not going to upgrade just yet.

Comment

Started sanding back the bonnet, want to have a go at respraying.

Cleaned it up and got some primer down

Going to sand it more tomorrow and try get some colour mixed up

Comment

Bit of a photo dump
        - Got a electric spray gun
        - Laid down some primer
        - Got some paint mixed up and put some layers down
        - Laid down some clear

First time giving this a shot going to colour sand it tomorrow and will post back with the details!

Anyway here's the pics.

Excuse the average quality photos

Comment

Working...
        X