Let's see a recent photo!
    My Instagram feed.
    My Flickr stream.
    My bagged B5 build thread.

Classic Joyce Photo

Comment

Originally posted by alexandermjoyce View Post
      Let's see a recent photo!
      On the road for work this week! But I will when I get back from Portland.

So when the timing chain guides and tensioners are replaced I am going to take the opportunity to powder coat the valve covers and my intake elbow all the same color. The valve covers are a nasty beat up rattle can red from the previous owner and they drive me crazy. I am debating a few colors anyone what to weigh in on options? Right now I am thinking

-deep gloss gunmetal
      -wrinkle black
      -hyper silver
      -a dark wrinkle grey

I am leaning towards the gloss gunmetal option. Pictures of the how the bay currently looks for reference.

Better shot of the ugly redness

Don't mind my missing rain tray cover thingy, I have one I had just removed it to do some wrenching.
      Last edited by kittenpuncher; 01-31-2018, 09:47 AM.
      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

It was nasty outside today, so it became a good day to work indoors. I needed to put one of these up over my tool bench for awhile now.

Before-

After

Broken wagon
        Last edited by kittenpuncher; 02-06-2018, 09:15 PM.
        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

You're in Maryland?
          My Instagram feed.
          My Flickr stream.
          My bagged B5 build thread.

Classic Joyce Photo

Comment

Originally posted by alexandermjoyce View Post
            You're in Maryland?
            Yeah buddy, the northern part about 10 minutes from the PA line.
            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Well I picked these up for an absolute steal, they are s5 rotors 19x9 et30something. The guy posted them on vwvortex, if he posted them on audizine they wouldn't have lasted more than a few hours at the price he was asking.

My plan since the rotors have good tires and the tires on my 18in wheels on my b7 avant daily are nearly toast is to put the rotors on my b7 and then take the 18in wheels on my b7 which actually have very aggressive specs for a stock wheel (18x8.5 et34) buy sticky tires and put them on the s4 for spirited driving/ drag strip/ "everyday" use. Then either keep the BBS as "show wheels" or sell them all together. That is the most economical decision but part of me wants to take the perfectly good tires off of the rotors and run a slightly more narrow tire so I can put them on the b5. I will probably do the fiscally responsible thing and go through with option 1, but option 2 is tempting me.

Chain tensioners still aren't done I have been traveling a lot for work and haven't had time to address that yet. In due time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

I decided on gunmetal valve cover and the car goes in the shop next week to have both chain tensioners replaced. This was not a job I was comfortable with doing myself.

In other news I made the questionable decision to keep investing in this money pit. Andrew from Open Road Tuning hooked me up with a set of black velour recaro pole positions. I haven't found the stock seats to be comfortable and my head is an inch from the headliner. I am hoping to achieve a lower seating position and have less leg overhang over the seat.

Through my research I came to learn that the recaro pole positions were actually a 5800 dollar option from the factory for the B5 RS4, they would even color match the center of the seats to your body color if you so desired. Wild.

I plan to recover the centers in nogaro micro suede to achieve this look-

Unfortunately the design above used to be offered by recaro from the factory it was their black vinyl/ dynamic blue colorway and it was a perfect match to nogaro. It's a shame that they now only offer the black vinyl/ dynamic silver option which is a perfect match to the black and silver alcantera sport interior.

I will use wedge seat brackets and sliders and I will continue to use the standard seat belts, I am stoked. Recaro markets these as their best fixed back seat for both street and road use, so I am not worried about them being uncomfortable, the avant isn't my daily driver. It will also lighten the car up by about 50-60 lbs when all is said and done. I will still hold on to my stock seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Have an older pole in my E36, and originally had another one in my E46, such a comfortable seat which I did 8+ hours in and had no discomfort.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

S5 rotors will look amazing and the Pole Positions are an absolute iconic seat. Great build!

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                      Have an older pole in my E36, and originally had another one in my E46, such a comfortable seat which I did 8+ hours in and had no discomfort.
                      That's great to hear! If you don't mind me asking what's your waist size and height. I am 31/32 and 6' 1" Recaro doesn't give you a definitive answer on what size people the seats fit but Andrew assured me I should fit comfortably
                      Last edited by kittenpuncher; 03-28-2018, 08:18 AM.
                      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• A set of full polished OZ Futura's would look great on this wagon... just saying...

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
                          That's great to hear! If you don't mind me asking what's your waist size and height. I am 31/32 and 6' 1" Recaro doesn't give you a definitive answer on what size people the seats fit but Andrew assured me I should fit comfortably
                          Really curious to know the answer to this question as well, I've considered getting one for a while now. Waist/chest/height ranges would be very useful when selecting aftermarket seats, unfortunately most people resort to finding one locally to try.
                          My Build:

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
                            5'9" 32/33. You should fit fine, only thing is the harness holes might be too low, but since you keeping stock belts it doesnt really matter as much. Thats the part where most people dont fit as even I am a little high on the harness portion.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              5'9" 32/33. You should fit fine, only thing is the harness holes might be too low, but since you keeping stock belts it doesnt really matter as much. Thats the part where most people dont fit as even I am a little high on the harness portion.
                              Perfect! That's what I thought regarding shoulder belt hole positions. I know the Recaro Profis are a little taller and a tad bit wider but aesthetically they just aren't as clean looking as the Pole Positions.
                              S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                                A set of full polished OZ Futura's would look great on this wagon... just saying...
                                Hahah I know! Don't tempt me. I am trying to restrain myself from starting a wheel collection. I actually test fit a set of 18s with some baby lips awhile back, I think I even have a photo of it somewhere in this thread.
                                S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X