• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls mount the wheels already
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    your car isnt low enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
      This thread got intense really quick lol. The Jetta, (as we MURICANS call it), actually got me into the modified car scene. I remember seeing a MK4 with a nasty straight pipe with a huge intercooler, hitting boost in a wall mart parking lot after school. Now i just got to wait to get my license
      yea oath man shits coming together real quick

and yea man they're good cars, especially having a 4mo vr6 its awesome !!
      yea I'm still waiting to get my licence back as well!!

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
      I like the color of the Azevs now, they will look nice on your mk4
      cheers man!! yea i think thats the go ayy i thought about white on white and thought it would be a bit too much or even black but the silver/gun metal grey really works and il probably love it more once i see the wheels on the car

Originally posted by Chasemeifyoucan View Post
      Good work 👍🏼
      Keep it up
      thanks Mate !!

Originally posted by PhilTho View Post
      Pls mount the wheels already
      in good time dude, still waiting on the fuckin adapters tbh ( called the guys today and got a response finally and should hopefully have them by next week !!!! )

in the meantime though
      thanks guys for the rad words

Still waiting on the Adapters went with 30mm all round and a step up centre bore from 57.1mm for the VW hub to a 71.5mm for the azev's to allow for mounting so i don't have to use a hub centric Rings

the Side skirts should hopefully be here soon they were sent from California on the 17th of August so should be here soon as long as nothing went wrong ( sadly no tracking but was bought from a mate so i can trust they're on the way )

Still yet to paint my Front 4mo Lip white again with a clear coat and same for the rear but will get that done this week

I've got a few bits n pieces I've got to put on the car as well, and i promise there will be a burnout video sometime soon
      Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

mini update

so the fuckers that are sending me my adapters are taking me forever, they were being custom made and sent so i don't know whats taking them so long !!
        but in the meantime i gave the azevs some attention and its cool having the only set of
        18x9.5 Square Azev type B's and 1 of 2 set of Avez type B's in Australia !!

so here what i got up to

wanted to give them a good clean !! as they were a bit dusty

I love the attention to detail even have g the logo stamped into the wheel with the diamond

215x40's i think il go to 205x40

i changed the valve caps as well, will be getting stainless steel valves as well when i change the tires over

the barrels were really clean !!

all cleaned up, Coated the barrels with brake dust repellent and buying some new ceramic brake pads as well

and last but not least my ugly head

aight will update this again when the adapters get here !!!
        Passion Garage

Comment

so finally got a message back from the guys in Melbs about my adapters

lets hope they're here by friday

so put the other guard back on and need to roll the guards some more

so i also took the sway bar links out and need to cut it out as well or drop my subframe and take it out

Really wanna go a bit lower, tbh i think it'll sit a bit lower as well as the car isn't on a flat surface atm

Thanks to a mate Chester i grabbed this plate holder coz my old stance works one got stolen

these plastic headlight lenses i got are holding up well!! Still on the search for some OEM glass ones

think its time for a Notch, will do it sometime in the next few months - self notched right now

i love these tails !!! so can confirm atm that they're the only Hella Clears in Australia - Dylan Taylor ordered some while back he said but got lost in transit - so if anyone knows of anyone who has them in Aus as well let me know !!

ok and also my side skirts arrived and i was upset in the condition they arrived in
          Aus post or USPS handled it really bad and was ripped open and the bubble wrap was removed and only left on the tops
          then the side skirts were snapped - so i have put a claim through and told the seller and he is taking care of it but for WTAC in october il just repair them

as you can see the cracks in the skirts line up with the box marks

but tbh they look alright :banana: will colour code it with the boar's paint same goes for the front and rear valance
          they look good give the side of the car a bit more shape

til next time
          Passion Garage

Comment

Man I thought I was low for being a p plater, but I don't know if I'm check ride height with keys low yet haha

Comment

Man I thought I was low for being a p plater, but I don't know if I'm check ride height with keys low yet haha
              hahaha thanks dude, only going lower, just gotta figure a few things out. need to do a bushing refresh as well

will update some more when the adapters arrive
              Passion Garage

Comment

alright so lets start from the beginning from when i got the spacers ( note i did all of this the night they arrived 2 weeks ago )

the Quality of the adapters/spacers are awesome !!! can say using wheelmods was an awesome idea only issue i had with them was customer service but i can understand that when it comes to small business'

had them custom made so the centre bore was the right size for the wheels as well as the centre bora for the mounting them onto the Hub

yes i most defiantly need some new rotors and brake pads haha

so i got them on and put the car back on the street for the night then got back into it the next day

clearance on the struts is super close and i could only fit a credit card in-between the wheel and the strut haha

so when i took the car for a drive straight after i put the wheels on, i ran over a nail, thanks to the fuckheads down the road who thought it would be a good idea to sweep their building rubbish onto the road.
                ( ignore the chips on the lip, my mum when moving some of my stuff before i put the wheels on thought it was ok to put the wheels down on their faces...... luckily for me the only one she put on the face was this one and its not too bad and can only really notice it up close

so a bit of camber in the rear and some in the front

so i got the car back together and yea i can say I'm happy so far but i need to sort out the fitment and get it a bit more "intense" haha

the static sticker is no longer there was probably on for 2min before i ripped it off lol
                if i got my rear fitment like this tucking 18's that would be good

a bit of a side note
                for my 18th birthday a good mate of my mum who is a professional painter and artist Matt Bourne painted this for me as a present !!!
                he painted the azevs on, a vote front bumper, and well i guess its RWD now haha :P
                but its awesome

so really the plan is to have my car sitting this low all the time ( no it isn't photoshopped, just the car is on a slope lol )
                il get it this low soon and stay static as well !!

so until next time this is all I've got so far !!!!
                side skirts il get done soon, and il repaint the front lip as well
                but I'm also doing my HSC exams in 2 weeks so study and that is sortie important haha but ayy World time attack show n shine is the the day after my english exams so I've got a lot planned for myself haha
                Passion Garage

Comment

m8 this is looking mintt
                  shoot me pm on fb so we can organise wtac shoot pls

Comment

m8 this is looking mintt
                    shoot me pm on fb so we can organise wtac shoot pls
                    thanks brother and yea will do but my car is a POS looks better in photos
                    Passion Garage

Comment

Looking good dude! I'm from Sydney Olympic Park. I wish I stumbled on this thread earlier though. I got some 5x100/5x112 adapters made up for my liberty by motorsport tech in the US and shipping was a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by MA44AL View Post
                        Looking good dude! I'm from Sydney Olympic Park. I wish I stumbled on this thread earlier though. I got some 5x100/5x112 adapters made up for my liberty by motorsport tech in the US and shipping was a killer.
                        thanks man !! yea I've seen you a few times when I've been driving my land cruiser haha
                        I'm from the Hills district ( Penno Hills/Castle Hill area )

yea oath dude, that would've been $$$$$$ go through wheelmods ( pretty rad ) or there is a good place in Blacktown a little bit more expensive but turn over is 3days and free shipping, i cant remember the name atm but il shoot it through to you when i remember haha
                        Passion Garage

Comment

so a little update

some inspiration photos
                          of course i wouldn't be able to be this low ( and still drive daily ) unless i went on bags but i love this car, USA, bloke built it for his GF.
                          R32 swapped jetta on Air
                          super clean paint and guards

anyone know where i can get the Rubstrip with the clear indicators ? other than ECS $$$$

and anyone know where i could get a GLI front lip ?

i also grabbed up a good deal for an r32 brushed aluminium dash face should be here next week I'm hoping

pic is an example if you don't know what I'm talking about

il be getting down to sanding back the front lip, doing a high fill primer on it as well to prep it for the colour matched paint and a high gloss and trying to repair the side skirts somehow tomorrow.

til next time cheers !!
                          Passion Garage

Comment

was lucky enough to get my hands on this set of brushed aluminium dash trim from an ex targa r32 from Tas which was awesome
                            its in awesome condition few little scratches but nothing noticeable unless you have your face right up next to it

( phone photo sorry haha - galaxy s7 doing good enough atm lol, need to get my new camera )

was also able to source a GLI lip that was in pretty awesome condition and already painted in my colour bora from a mates Bagged GLI in the states so will get that before Halfway Hangs

World time attack is just around the corner and i get my licence back on next wednesday on the 12th so cheering for that
                            finally got around to starting the paint prep on my 4motion lip and will be getting colour matched paint again as well
                            hopefully this time it won't chip as easy and as quick as it did the first time !

also got the Bora R Rep side skirts just couldn't fork out the $400 to get the real ones so these will do for now.
                            ( another ****ty phone photo )

the car has come a bit since i first got it back in February 2016

til next time !!
                            Passion Garage

Comment

okie quick update

got the tire sorted and is now on
                              gave the car a really good clean and got some of the brushed dash in !!

sorry all photos are from my phone - still need to get a new camera as mum decided to take hers over to the USA when she moved
                              will get some good photos after WTAC !!

took the defy all odds sticker straight off haha realised i made a big mistake :') ( sticker = no good haha )

the R32 Targa Brushed Aluminium trim - still yet to put the ash tray in just haven't been bothered to take apart the dash - so when i do a good interior clean il take the centre dash out but it looks good - anyone know where i can grab an R32 Shifter !?!

also a quick photo of my front guards will sort them out one day lol

yea i know the car needs a good cut n polish, the swirls are killing me been the same since i bought the car

so will update this after WTAC with some awesome photos and vids of the car

til next time
                              Happy Scraping
                              Passion Garage

Comment

car looks awsome man.... i prefer it without the sticker, looks cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                                X