No announcement yet.

Passion's MK4 VR6 Bora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not much happening painting the last 2 centres tomorrow and drilling out the barrels and lips and centres to fit the hardware then sealing and mounting tires on
    getting the spacers bored out tomorrow as well

til next time happy scraping
    On the road to Fitted Friday !!
    Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

wheely small update

So i stayed up til about 12am last night to finish the wheels
      well almost finish them

so i drilled all the centres 3 lips and 2 barrels out so that the hardware would fit
      then i painted the last 2 centres and got a clear coat onto them

then i finished polishing the lips and now this is where we are at !!!

the spacers are being bored out to 57.1 in diameter which is the right size for my 4mo i hope haha
      and then getting longer lugs and hub rings so the wheels sit on safely and won't fall off on the way to the show on friday

My house is currently being renovated hence the bricks and other shit in the garage as the wall is being taken out

Denis the speed drill and my old MK1 seat

metal shavings from drilling everything out

And this is how they will all sit like

Lips polished as best i could on a tight time limit and tight budget

Til next time Happy Scraping
      On the Road to Fitted Friday

#fittedfridayprep
      Passion Garage

Comment

We Made it to Fitted Friday 2k16

So after lots of Handwork dramas and $$$ which i didn't have
        we made it to fitted friday and overall i was happy and am happy with how the car has turned out so far its the look i wanted but still needs improvement so after this post il go a bit quiet as i will be loosing my licence shortly due to a speeding offence 20kmph over $440 fine ( ehh not too bad )

So specs
        17x8 - 215x45x17r on fronts
        17x9 - 225x45x17r on rears

So us 3 Blokes in the photos go as is
        me on the right with my GF Ellie
        my 2 best mates Nick and James sullivan (Brothers) with james GF Sofia

My Crew - My Team - My Brothers - My Family

The MK1 Caddy is very rare here in Australia as it is only 1 of 12 In Australia and 1 of 2 Early Westy fronts - running a 20vturbo from a MK4 GTI running about 270KW at the Wheels
        have had so much fun helping nick build that car
        Original import from USA LA California - RHD Converted
        BBS Rs001
        Coils - Airshocks in rear

Ok now my VR6 4Motion Bora

So this what the drama was i originally had a 235 on the rear and well bacon fenders now haha

PASSION GARAGE - HOUSE OF VOLKSWAGEN

Defyallodds Reppin

my ugly ass head lol

so til next time
        Happy Scraping

Passion Garage - House of Volkswagen
        Passion Garage

Comment

I like the interior mod you've done to refresh it, looks good.

Car looks clean also, but im not liking the wheel/tire combo. Imo bora/jetta needs 18" wheels.
          Follow me on instagram for latest photos @jimijokela

Comment

Originally posted by Jok3la View Post
            I like the interior mod you've done to refresh it, looks good.

Car looks clean also, but im not liking the wheel/tire combo. Imo bora/jetta needs 18" wheels.

Cheers dude, well I've got a few more wheel ideas these are just my daily wheels for now
            Passion Garage

Comment

Well i cant say i haven't come far since i started this car back in Feb but tbh I'm happy with what i have and what i have achieved with the car so far.
              I much prefer it over my Red Bora the White just seems less "Hey look at me"
              and i like the attention i get for it now with my wheels on and everything but thats not even why i do it.
              i do it and i love it because it makes me happy being able to drive it every scrape, every bump, every Scrub i love it, every bloody stupid issue with the car. I love knowing and seeing that i have achieved so much with this car so far in only 5months on such a tight budget and only being 17
              i will say i also miss my mk1 !! it makes me sad knowing i will never get that car back, was my first car and having it taken away from me made me sad

So heres a few pics of "progress" of the cars I've owned and the Bora

The Turd 1.8L GLS had chrome bars as well but they got stolen with the car

Then my first VR6 4motion a 2003 tornado red Bora !!

and now this beauty

Before Coils Wheels and a few other bits

2016-02-13 15.35.48 by brad edwards, on Flickr

Now to how she sits today
              Bonnie the Bora

FB_IMG_1464791772355 by brad edwards, on Flickr

Fitted Friday 2k16 by brad edwards, on Flickr

So til next time Happy Scraping
              Passion Garage

Comment

Looks like you need a whole lot less tire and a whole lot more low. 17's can work on MK4's, but you gotta get the car on the ground.

Comment

I like the meaty tires, but it appears you've gone for more stance so you need more stretch. Maybe 215s?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                    Looks like you need a whole lot less tire and a whole lot more low. 17's can work on MK4's, but you gotta get the car on the ground.
                    yea ayy swifty I'm going to rebuild the wheels to 18s but for now iv gotta go lower, i need smaller tires anyways so I've still got a few things to do and fix

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
                    I like the meaty tires, but it appears you've gone for more stance so you need more stretch. Maybe 215s?
                    ye I've got 215 on the fronts and 225 on the rear I've gotta go 205 on the front and 215 on the rear and then sort my guards and fitment, more to come once i take the car off the road
                    Passion Garage

Comment

so this shitty weather has turn sydney into a flood zone lol so no work on the car

the renovations at my place are almost done so soon to have a new place to park the car !!

The bora next to my other Rig - my 100 series Landcruiser

Few more pics including a martini sticker for fun lol
                      I've got some more stuff coming soon once i take the car off the road !!

lol the banner wasn't cut properly lol

Shitty Weather makes me cry for these wheels lol, oh well I've gotta rebuild them sometime soon will be stepping them up again to make them 18's !!

Love a good rain shot

Til next time happy scraping
                      Passion Garage

Comment

Nice progress dude! It's cool that you've got a partner who likes to give you a hand with car things.

Hope you're faring the storms down that way!

Comment

Originally posted by bjk View Post
                          Nice progress dude! It's cool that you've got a partner who likes to give you a hand with car things.

Hope you're faring the storms down that way!
                          Cheers dude !!
                          yea oath she's the one haha !!

and yea been a bit full on, almost slid into a pole on sunday
                          (fair to say i shouldn't of been driving but i aquaplaned luckily the 4motion kicked in and with a bit of skill i got myself out of the spin haha)
                          Passion Garage

Comment

the things come out pretty cool man, love the wheels

I do think you'd benefit from either thinner tyres or more stretch though, but it's your car you do you mate

Comment

Originally posted by PassionGarage View Post
                              Cheers dude !!
                              yea oath she's the one haha !!

and yea been a bit full on, almost slid into a pole on sunday
                              (fair to say i shouldn't of been driving but i aquaplaned luckily the 4motion kicked in and with a bit of skill i got myself out of the spin haha)
                              Been seeing all the pics and videos, crazy stuff.

Yeah I **** driving in the rain! Have learnt not to trust it at all, hail is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                                the things come out pretty cool man, love the wheels

I do think you'd benefit from either thinner tyres or more stretch though, but it's your car you do you mate
                                Thanks man
                                Yea dude thats the go is to go maybe 215x40 or 205x45 on the fronts and 215x45 on the rear so i can get some more stretch but as the car will be coming off the road for 3months very soon i have lots of time to get the car and wheels perfected

Originally posted by bjk View Post
                                Been seeing all the pics and videos, crazy stuff.

Yeah I **** driving in the rain! Have learnt not to trust it at all, hail is even worse.
                                yea oath haha ! my cruiser is my bash car, thing drifts like a motherf ucker in the wet !!
                                Passion Garage

Comment

Working...
                                X