'Any EM2 love out there?' *>Build thread<*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Any EM2 love out there?' *>Build thread<*

Hey guys, My name is Tre, I own an 02 Honda civic and I am mainly creating this build thread to organize my progress with the car. I hope you guys enjoy!

Bought the car sometime in Nov. of 2011

Slammed the car on rokkor coilovers and installed a Tsudo exhaust

Drove from Cali to Texas May of 2012 just like this

Started getting serious with the car and bought some XXR 501s

Sold the XXr 501s and bought some XXR 535s

Sold theXXR 535s and went for some XXR 530s

The car was almost sitting on the axles, mainly the driver side, so I notched the frame. Not the cleanest notch, but its been holding up ever since

September 2015, i decided to upgrade the suspension to go lower. Went with Function and Form Type 1s

December 2015, bought some used swift springs

The car has been under a few more changes, but I have yet to take pictures, so I will be posting a few more sometime this week.

>starting to get serious with the car
    >buys three sets of XXRs

Papi pls...

At least its decently low and pretty clean. I am curious about that fender tho. Why is it flat black?

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
      >buys three sets of XXRs

Papi pls...

At least its decently low and pretty clean. I am curious about that fender tho. Why is it flat black?
      This made me lol since I was thinking the same.

I have nothing against reps or cheap wheels op, keep it up.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Good start I have an 05 civic with a front end swap off of an 03 civic hybrid and I have a Honda factory HFP lip kit going on it shortly! Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
          >buys three sets of XXRs

Papi pls...

lol I dont mind XXRs, they have a decent selection of wheels. The fender is actually carbon fiber wrap. I bought a new fender that was only primered and it was starting to fade.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          This made me lol since I was thinking the same.

I have nothing against reps or cheap wheels op, keep it up.
          Lol it is laughable, isnt it? I buy what I can afford at the time.

Originally posted by jeff-s View Post
          Good start I have an 05 civic with a front end swap off of an 03 civic hybrid and I have a Honda factory HFP lip kit going on it shortly! Keep it up.
          Those Hybrid front ends are pretty dope! The fog lights are expensive though!

Comment

That was my favorite stage thus far. Let's make EM2 great again.
            stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Yes they are crazy expensive... but the HFP lip has the correct size fog light holes for the regular 04-05 fog lights so I will be running those.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post

That was my favorite stage thus far. Let's make EM2 great again.
                Thanks man! EM2s are pretty underrated compared to the other generations.
                Originally posted by jeff-s View Post
                Yes they are crazy expensive... but the HFP lip has the correct size fog light holes for the regular 04-05 fog lights so I will be running those.
                Are you sure? I think the HFP fogs are slimmer than the 04-05 fogs,but I could be wrong. It like to see what you do with the 04-05 fogs though!

Comment

Last week, I bought some 15mm spacers all around for alittle bit more poke and to keep the front wheels from rubbing on the inner wheel well so much. My stock studs were preventing me from being able to put the wheels on, so I decided to shorten them.

I used to have 5mm spacers all around with my current setup, but again, I wanted more poke, so I bought the 15mm spacers. In this picture, I only have two 15mm spacers in the rear, plus one 5mm spacer on top of those and 5 mm spacers in the front.

As of today, my specs are 17x9.75et5 in the rear and et10 in the front. My fender to ground measurements are 21.5 inches in the front and approximately 22 inches in the rear. These pictures do not give the poke justice lol, so I plan to get some shots from the front. I am debating on fabrics for the interior, so If you guys have any ideas on websites or designs, feel free to throw em out there. I am also teasing the idea of a turbo setup, mainly for play power and the sound haha

Last edited by Tredical_07; 03-18-2016, 01:51 AM. Reason: font size

Comment

I am curious about that fender tho.

Comment

Originally posted by lausliehm View Post
                      I am curious about that fender tho.
                      I posted about it near the top, what are you curious about the fender?

Comment

I've never heard of an EM2 owner who actually knows what fitment is, Now I do! These cars are so underrated and have so much potential. I would love to see some polished 18's or 17's but I don't know if 18's look too big on these cars but thats just me. I'm subbed, what plans do you have for it?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                          I've never heard of an EM2 owner who actually knows what fitment is, Now I do! These cars are so underrated and have so much potential. I would love to see some polished 18's or 17's but I don't know if 18's look too big on these cars but thats just me. I'm subbed, what plans do you have for it?
                          Thanks man, I appreciate that! Its funny you say that, because I was thinking of some wheels that are chrome. They are 17x8 in the front and 17x10 in the rear, not too sure on the offset though, so thanks for unknowingly bringing the idea back up haha I am finishing up some small things like interior, maybe a new lip and I am debating on going with a turbo setup.

By the way, your ride is really clean! keep that up!

Comment

Originally posted by Tredical_07 View Post
                            Thanks man, I appreciate that! Its funny you say that, because I was thinking of some wheels that are chrome. They are 17x8 in the front and 17x10 in the rear, not too sure on the offset though, so thanks for unknowingly bringing the idea back up haha I am finishing up some small things like interior, maybe a new lip and I am debating on going with a turbo setup.

By the way, your ride is really clean! keep that up!
                            Thanks man, I was going to suggest some chrome 18's but I kinda circle jerk about 18 inch chrome works so I was trying to change it up a bit hahahaha. I would LOVE to see a turbo set up with pics showing how, love some good under the hood work on SW since I really don't browse any other forums. What's up with the fender business? A little art on body panels can be rad but I think a Chalkboard painted fender would be SO cool, that way you can always switch up whats going on on your body panels and it will wash off when it rains! I've seen a few of them at car meets and shows and its a huge hit because everyone get to write on your car and its just pretty rad overall.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                              Thanks man, I was going to suggest some chrome 18's but I kinda circle jerk about 18 inch chrome works so I was trying to change it up a bit hahahaha. I would LOVE to see a turbo set up with pics showing how, love some good under the hood work on SW since I really don't browse any other forums. What's up with the fender business? A little art on body panels can be rad but I think a Chalkboard painted fender would be SO cool, that way you can always switch up whats going on on your body panels and it will wash off when it rains! I've seen a few of them at car meets and shows and its a huge hit because everyone get to write on your car and its just pretty rad overall.
                              18s would fit,but I feel they might look oversize for the car lol It seems like Stance Works is one of the few auto forums and caters to all makes and models and thats always a plus. That would be a cool idea, where would I get a chalkboard painted fender? Would I buy one that is primed or is there a chalkboard material that can be laid over it? Haha everyone is curious on the fender, I got it replaced due to an incident. The fender came in primed and overtime started to fade, so I wrapped it in carbon fiber. About 2months ago is when I decided to do the graffiti on it. I am looking to replace the passenger side fender, so I may look into the chalkboard idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X