No announcement yet.

'00 FRC Hardtop - moar LS/Murica/long distance high speed cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruh it's been done for a week. been driving it to work and took the wife out for ice cream in the city last night

I really wish I could make it to Opening Day, i thought it was next weekend. I have a busy weekend - Syracuse Gun Show tomorrow all day, and Buffalo Cars and Coffee Sunday morning.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

• Out here in socal it seems like it's sacrilegious to not go to Cars and Coffee if you have a corvette lol. Everyone and their brother brings theirs out and it makes up about 30% of the show but it's rad because almost all of them do burnouts lmao.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
        bruh it's been done for a week. been driving it to work and took the wife out for ice cream in the city last night

I really wish I could make it to Opening Day, i thought it was next weekend. I have a busy weekend - Syracuse Gun Show tomorrow all day, and Buffalo Cars and Coffee Sunday morning.
        Son uv beetch.

There's always NYIRP this summer.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• bought wheels last night. C6 5 spokes. I think the rears are 10.5's? Still deciding on tires. Leaning towards Hankook Ventus V12s in stock sizes. Rears will need spacers to clear inner fender wells. Should look and ride a lot better than stock stuff.

Comment

• this is pretty awesome keep up the solid work man!
            Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
            check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• Did you say you were trying e39 m5 wheels on it? If so you're a legend.
              2016 WRX
              E39s are forever in my heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by extra_slick View Post
                Did you say you were trying e39 m5 wheels on it? If so you're a legend.
                I did. They look badass but the offsets just don't work. Full on Mexi-poke all the way around. Barely fit over the calipers up front, didn't even bother with a test drive. If I were to ever do some drastic bodywork they'd look killer under some flares but that's not in the cards as I don't plan on tracking the car.

Comment

Mexi-poke
                  That's racist.

I just tried it once...

Comment

• Originally posted by LCG View Post
                    That's racist.

I just tried it once...
                    We all did.

Comment

• New front spring in. Only slightly scary jacking up this stiff ass spring while the car is on the lift and watching it all bounce around. Front bolts removed, only lowered it a bit as the old stock front adjusters were cranked as low as they could go. Ride quality is the same. I'm happy with the suspension now. Need to buy new tires for the C6 wheels, the current runflats are so loud that it's like riding around in a Z71 on big boggers.

Also need to adjust the cutout rod ends and start to plumb them up.

Comment

• E39 M5 wheels on C5. offset means no go. Otherwise looked nice, minus the ratty finish.

image by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

C6 wheels

Quick test fit. They really modernize the look of the car, the champagne/pewter color of the magnesium wheels is period correct but hasn't aged well...

Plan on starting to plumb up the cutouts tonight. Grabbed a few Ford EGR vacuum solenoids over the weekend at the JY.

Comment

• you coulda made the e39 wheels work. BUT I like the look of the C6 wheels far more. In for this.

Comment

Plan on starting to plumb up the cutouts tonight. Grabbed a few Ford EGR vacuum solenoids over the weekend at the JY.
                            Interested to see how this works. Will it get loud when you lay in the gas or be loud at idle?

I'd love a cutout on my M3 but I would want it to be on or off because I do like making noise sometimes, but it kicks ass to be able to nail it and not attract attention...
                            -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                            '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                            '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                              Interested to see how this works. Will it get loud when you lay in the gas or be loud at idle?

I'd love a cutout on my M3 but I would want it to be on or off because I do like making noise sometimes, but it kicks ass to be able to nail it and not attract attention...
                              It will be loud whenever I push a momentary pushbutton to "on". Could be idle, under load, whatever, because I'm using a vacuum canister.

You can do it however you want. Boost actuated, or vacuum actuated. Normally open, or normally closed.

I got normally closed, vacuum actuated - meaning with no vacuum applied, they're closed. Only under vacuum conditions from the engine, do they open - which is on decel and at idle. The opposite of what you'd want...except that I did it that way on purpose.

The NPP cutouts on all the newfangled GM stuff are normally open, and as soon as a vacuum is applied, they slam shut. This means they're open on cold start, and when vacuum builds a few seconds later, they shut. I did not want this situation since I leave for work early in the morning and wanted to maintain some sanity for my neighbors. I could have gotten around this by using a check valve and a vacuum canister but that's added complexity, and I have no idea if the vacuum canister would hold a charge for sitting a week at a time (which is a reality if we have a couple days of nasty weather). The last item that turned me off from the normally open was that in the event of any vacuum fitting/line failure the valves would fail open, and I'd have to drive around with the car stupidly loud until I got it fixed. I would much rather they fail in the normally closed position.

The only thing that I would have liked to have using the normally open system would be the feature of the engine vacuum on idle and light driving conditions to keep the valve shut, and then valves opening up when you hammer on it, removing vacuum. It makes for a nice "automatic" mode but again I wanted the failsafe to be in the closed position.

Last night I disconnected the actuator rods and zip tied the valves open - fun drive to work this morning

Comment

• Here is the startup from our Z06! Hope you enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X