1935 Ford model Y built for £0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1935 Ford model Y built for £0

This is quite a random story and i will try to keep on point and like the car it may go 1 step forward before taking three backwards.
    Well it all starts with this i was gave it for free the only catch was that i was that i had just one hour to take it from the car before it was crushed . its a s70 5.7 v12 taken from a 850csi
     photo IMG_5443_zps8p5iupqj.jpg

i found these ..
     photo IMG_4294_zpsglhgnnwl.jpg
    blueprints for the model A and also have a friend who has two cabs one fiberglass and one steel to look at so thats what im going to go to .
    another bmw this time a 1 series that suffered a front end smash gives up its rear end
     photo IMG_4307_zpshxo6jibe.jpg

Comment

duuuuude yessssss
      sigpic

Comment

after trying to get a gearbox or an adapter plate for the engine it was starting to look like it was going to cost alot one way or another so sold the s70 for £1500 and bought this

photo IMG_5233_zpsczmvrlvk.jpg

it is such a mint car only done 90k everything worked as it should i didn't even try to knock the guy down it was £500 and its got a M62B44 V8 with 12 month mot and one month tax i though id ride it out for the month and then rip it apart
         photo IMG_5230_zpsm0gquwri.jpg

Comment

so as i had a month with the 40 i cut the all the exhausts off and got £150 for the cats, loved the sound of it but it looked a bit old boy, so my friend who is a painter asked me what i was going to do ,and i think he thought i was joking when i said i was going to take the paint off
           photo IMG_5269_zps610a6de2.jpg

Comment

cut a e46 boot up  photo IMG_5333_zps0d808137.jpg
             photo IMG_5331_zps7077c6e1.jpg

Comment

made some e36 wheels fit and cut the springs
               photo IMG_5394_zps6cbdd3c0.jpg

Comment

ended up driving it as a daily for 4 month didnt really do anything else but put a stupid amount of fuel in it this is how she looked while i had it
                 photo P1040062_zps1b76fbbd.jpg
                 photo IMG_5460_zps6e7e171f.jpg

Comment

tryin to work out how to get the thing on the road lead me to buying this on ebay for £800
                   photo IMG_6132_zps9eca2cd0.jpg

Comment

gave it a paint up and got it registered
                     photo IMG_6466_zps86f8e69f.jpg

Comment

Wow, in for this. Awesome project.

@projects_always

Comment

so i was at the scrap yard weighing in a e46 330d when my mate who works there said "you got a v8 you want one of these" and pointed to this ,she was under 3 other cars , the keys were on the seat , kicked up first time and purrs like a kitten , its only got 90k on the clock belive it or not it drove in to the palace with only a broken ball joint i drove it off the trailer and into my garage looking just how it does in the photo
                         photo IMG_5573_zpsujt5hyrd.jpg

Comment

after a few days stripping and cutting i was left with one 1uz-fe 4L v8 and all the running gear and everything else i think i might be needing so i sold the 540 and got £1850 , , as for all this i put the ls400 on the weigh bridge and then when i brought the cut up shell back i payed the difference , it was £150 but id got £165 few days before for the e46 , and the ls400 had a full tank of fuel so i was still up a good chunk
                           photo IMG_6520_zpsywf0wdmb.jpg

Comment

Yes. I'm in.
                            '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

Junkyard pile ups like this make me giggle like a little girl. So many awesome vehicles with potential there
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                              X