Vw polo 9n sl33vo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vw polo 9n sl33vo

Here is some of the progress of my car over the 3 years I have owned the car.

First ever photo I took
    This was the car when I first had it. On coil overs, fairly high. De-badged grill, and Lenso BSX alloys with tinted rear 9n lights.

Firstly I wanted to put a standard grill back on since the bonnet wasent smoothed.

Since we had these blacked out 9n/3 rear lights in the shed I thought id put them to use aswell as colour coded the car.

I also picked up these votex sideskirts super cheap. £20! no jacking covers but totally worth and covers a dent in my sill.

Smaller mods were also done such as tablet mount gearknob homemade gaiter etc..

Also got round to colour coding the sidestrips

Then I cut down a Ford Focus ST mk2 splitter with the help of my dad to compliment the sideskirts

Finally changed up the wheels, ended up getting 3sdm's 0.05 staggerd 8/9 which took some work to fit along with lowering the car.

Arches rolled and camber added to the rear with the help of a mate.

My dad was also looking into setting up a hydrodipping business so used my car for testing such as engine cover and badges..

I then came across these for sale. I have always been a fan of these wheels and they were going for a steal. I couldn't give up the opportunity so I quickly sold the 3sdm's and bought these. They weren't in perfect condition but I was super happy I got them. Advan SA3's

Soon after I jacked the car up and cut the helpers out as it wasn't sitting quite level.

So my plan over winter was to refurb the Advans and get them looking how i want them. I managed to pick these up for an absolute steal. Audi A5 alloys i got for £62 off ebay :') with tyres (even though they were balloons). I swapped the tires off from the advans and put them on these while quickly spraying them primer grey as they were alitte rough.

Worked started on the refurb..

Also took off the bumper strips all round because I did a shoddy job first time round. This time im sanding back the plastic texture and also smoothing the front recess for the numberplate. Here is some progress. I am also colour coding other sections too while im at it as well as repairing some damage to the front bumper from previous owner.

primered for paint..

And here is the colour I decided to go for. Its a deep candy red. In total there are 14 coats on the centers.2 primer filler coats, 3 primer coats, 3 silver basecoats, 3 deep candy red coats and 3 coats of lacquer. Pictures dont do them justice but they have so much depth in person and when they are under sunlight

Also did my best on refurbishing the center caps and also matching the colour of the centers too for those extra details.

Few other bits to tidy it up. Rear drums painted, better size tyres colour coded splitter

Also managed to pick these alfa GT seats up. Come very close to the advan colour and snuited the car perfectly! Polo rails welded to the subframe seats and rear bench has been modified to fit from previous polo owner.

I also decided to invest in airride. My budget was small so I managed to pick up a golf mk4 slam series kit (2way manual) so began the modifications to make it fit.

Chassis notch was needed along with redrilled topmounts and some grinding to the inner turrets and rear axel...

3 days on axel stands and the help of a friend and my dad we managed to get it fitted the day before a show up in Leeds. Thankfully!

Simple boot build but considering it was homebuilt I think it was pretty good! hand painted tank just for a personal touch

Along with custom digital gauges and switchboard. Smaller touches added too such as heater dials and headlight switches modernized.

Super happy with it at this point so smaller details were added.

Redesigned jacking covers, all red rear lights

Comment

Also suede touches were added,such as bootbuild,a pillers with tweeters, armrest and gear gaiter

Also picked up a votex grill and ditched the ebay foglights just because i thought it looked cleaner.

Comment

Winter was soon approaching again so the advans came off and decided to go for something more manageable for now. Still loved the design of 3 spokes so picked up some alfas to run with the theme of my seats. Also got some custom adapters to fit the alfa spec

Fitment was alot tighter since they were 17's

We'll see what summer brings for the polo. Stay tuned. Thanks for reading!

Comment

Those Alfa wheels look amazing!!
          IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

well,Those Alfa wheels look amazing!! thank you

Comment

Started badly, but in the end it got very very interesting.

Well done sir.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Thanks guys Yes it was my first car and was very in-experienced at the time of having it. Learnt alot over the years

Comment

Alfa wheels are great!

Comment

Those Alphas fit so sweet.

Comment

Working...
                    X