Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Romeo 156 Busso.

Hi guys,

after two years having this car I decided to start a topic here also. Before my Alfa Romeo 156 I had this 145, too bad the engine died and the chassis got bad.

But now my 'new' car, it's an '99 Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24v Blu cosmo metallic with 190bhp and weights 1295kg.

This is how I bought the car:

Now the car had some changes in the last two years:
    - Eibach Pro S coilovers,
    - GTA intake,
    - leather interior,
    - Zender boot spoiler,
    - engine paintjob,
    - custom painted winter wheels,
    - custom painted summer wheels,
    - Stainless steel Supersprint midpipe exhaust,
    - Stainless steel Supersprint muffler,
    - GTA headlights,
    - yellow foglights,
    - US lights front,
    - Xenon,
    - custom lights at the rear,
    - Giulietta Cloverleaf bagdes,
    - original carbon mid console,
    - original black/red dials,

This is how the car was when it was just lowered and had some other changes too, here you can see how the enginebay is now:

This is how the car is standing as today, with my custom painted 16" winter wheels. Normally I run on 20mm spacers but the winter tires are too wide to fit..:

With the summer wheels I got a bit crazy, I made them gold. Now everybody calls me the Subaru man, lol! But for next season they are going to be an other color.

So that is that for now, in the next posts I will show you I what bad condition I got the winter wheels and how the progress was on that and some other work what has done. (Like typical Alfa Romeo issues.. RUST!)
    For more video/photo of cars from the Netherlands, go to MotorsportMedia.NL

Some what has been done.

1. Engine bay finished:

And an original leather interior with original carbon mid console and dials:

Comment

Next up the suspension and restoring the car.

Eibach Pro S coilover set secondhand bought and restored:

The biggest enemy of Alfa Romeo, the rust!

One of the many pieces that came of the car, or what is left of it..:

Last winter I bended the fenders the wrong way with my tires lol!

So I had to let it rolled back in:

Comment

my new winter wheel set was quite a job, this was the state I bought the wheels. All four of them!

After some work:

I painted them myself, using black primer, metallic grey and blanc finish:

I think the result looks astonishing!

Comment

Originally posted by AR145 View Post
          And an original leather interior with original carbon mid console and dials:

Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG
          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Nice! I love Alpha's whats the one parked behind the 156?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
              Nice! I love Alpha's whats the one parked behind the 156?
              If I remember correctly it's an Alfa Romeo 147

Also, love your 145! shame about the engine and the body... 156 is awesome too!
              I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

I love people that say they love this brand yet call them Alpha's.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  I love people that say they love this brand yet call them Alpha's.

Speaking Italian properly...

Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post

oke oke, carbon look!

And indeed.. it's ALFA ROMEO, not ALPHA.
                    It's not a f*cking war machine lol

Comment

Time for an update!

I've sold the GT golden multispoke wheels and bought myself 17 inch Alessio Monte Carlo wheels with some work.

Two of the four tires had the wrong size and I replaced them for two new. Some previous owner of the wheels painted the wheels with paint and a brush. ( ) And haven't driven them properly like you can see on the skitmarks.

Before I started restoring them I pre-fitted them on the car, with 5mm spacers. (don't know the ET-value right now) Brake calipers will be black by the way.

I started scrubbing them but because it's normal paint and not spray paint the sandpaper gets filled up very quickly. So it takes a lot of time!

Ook hier en daar schade dat ik nog moet fixen.

And because I don't have the time right know and I have a deadline on 2nd of april I decided to don't do all the scrubbing myself. They are sand blasted now.

Next step is restoring the edges and restoring some small stains . They will be the same color as the winter setup I have.

Comment

I love busso

ALFAlow-> https://www.facebook.com/pages/ALFAlow/1442758092683835

Comment

Working...
                        X