Project porsche cayman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project porsche cayman

After reading loads of build threds on here and seeing what some of you guys build i thought i would share with you my long term project. Im not new to the car modding community i have been building show winning cars since i was 18 ad ill show you some of my work that i have done.
    a little about me im andy i live in the uk. ive been brought up building and stripping cars down all my life. so when i was old enough to have my own you couldnt keep me off it modding it ive mostly been modding vws as there so easy to work on. Since i was a kid ive always wanted to own a porsche and i told my self before i was 30 i would own one. so last year in december 2015 i bit the bullit and bought one. its a porsche cayman s in gaurs red. Here is what it looks like at the moment not much in the way of mods yet but its just cost me an arm and a leg to buy it.
    enjoy guys

so this was my first vw i modded mk4 golf 1.4 in oceanic green porsche eta beta wheels air lift and a custom interour

this is what i have just had and sold to get the porsche . vw golf/jetta estate 1.8 turbo loads of US parts leather engine bay and lots of cows inside

here is the porsche as it is now there will be lots of mods that i will be doing to this over the next few months

having a full detail

Based on your previous cars, I'd say this is promising.

@austin_norton | @nortoncollect
    2013 Mk6 | 1999 E36

Comment

Those previous builds are incredible!

Comment

thanks guys hope to beter them with this one but will take a while as parts are not cheap

Comment

if the past is indicative of the future we are in for a treat
          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Always been keen on these cars and others have said your past vehicles mean this can't disappoint!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

ive got a lot of saving to do to get it where i want it. first mod will be a set of lowering springs just to close the arch gap up for now.

Comment

This is gonna be good!

On the Jetta wagon with the leather engine/battery covers, did those parts get super dirty under the hood? Or did you take those parts off when you drove it?
                -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  This is gonna be good!

On the Jetta wagon with the leather engine/battery covers, did those parts get super dirty under the hood? Or did you take those parts off when you drove it?
                  they were taken of when driving only but on for shows

Comment

went out the other night for some night pics with a good mate of mine aj walker photography.

Comment

interested to see how this goes
                      Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

There aren't enough caymans in the UK scene.

Can't wait to see this around!

Comment

Originally posted by NeilP View Post
                          There aren't enough caymans in the UK scene.

Can't wait to see this around!
                          no there are not it will be slowly modded as everything is so much for them need deep pockets

Comment

just a quick update on this had a knock on the front of the car was taken to porsche and found that the bump stops were shot. so ordered some new ones and top mounts as well. but thought whilst im there be rude not to changed the springs so bought a set of 35mm h&r loweing springs for it. get rid of that arch gap. i also bought some ate performance brake fluid. will have more updates when the springs get fitted weekend

Comment

so got the springs fitted yesterday was a bit of a long job to get the in as you have to remove so much from the car. here is few update pics so far

was easier to remove the whole hub

not much left of the bump stop

the backs were a little bit more difficult to get the rear shocks out. only thing that was not taken off was the hand brake cable

will get some pics whan the car is out of the garage this week

Comment

Working...
                              X