R2 Defender of the Galaxy - 89 Jetta Carat Mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 Defender of the Galaxy - 89 Jetta Carat Mk2

Greetings Earthlings. My name is Sadie and I come in peace, to show you thy 1989 Jetta Carat. I named it Artoo because I am a loser. I'm from Acushnet, Mass. I now work and live up in Boston.

First, a bit of background, the first car I drove was this here Rabbit, that belonged to my friend Jake at the time.

aaand there's my first wheel reflection selfie...

I was planning on buying it from him because I just felt really comfortable driving this little car. It seemed to fit everything I loved at the time. Jake and the rest of my friends, as well as my brother, turned me onto Volkswagens at the time. Jake was helping my brother restore his 71 VW Camper and it was all just super cool to me. Since Jake ended up selling the Rabbit before my father let me buy my first car, I ended up with a 96 Jetta. It had no reverse gear and a very obnoxious random european exhaust of some sort.

It began on a sunny afternoon in June of 2012. I was driving around in Fairhaven and found this car at a gas station, some sketchy dude was selling it and he told me it was an old lady's car who had passed away.

Here's how the car sits currently, I plan to use this thread to track the life of my car and where it's going now.

Sadieeeeeeeee

Hi

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Hiii fackinSteve.

I went to my first "stance" car show years ago in Seekonk. I didnt really understand what I was going to see. Nor do I think I understood what I was looking at. I just knew I liked it. I always just went to car shows that featured cool ass old guys and their muscle cars because thats what my dad was into. I think thats why I enjoy when someone builds their car with modern modifications but still keeps some original aesthetics, such as an original interior or period correct things to the car.

That is my unfortunate green mk3. I have to admit here that I definitely did some ugly, terrible things to my cars, but hey. I was learning.

After seeing all of this weird stancey shit, thanks to some help from my friend Justin, I bought used, mismatched H&R and Raceland coilovers and we lowered my car.

Comment

Forgot to mention the whole badgeless grille and round headlight switch over that happened around this time as well..

I then made another semi bad decision and bought some vette wheels with 25mm adapters.

And also moved to western mass for a year..

I was super excited at first about these but just did not understand what I was doing. So i switched it over to these guys here, Konig Rollers.. I guess my photography was improving around the same time my wheels were.

Comment

At this point I was kind of content with my car.

I started going to alot more shows, meeting a ton of new people.
          I decided I wanted to make my car a little more I guess you could say retro styled/period correct. I met my boyfriend around the same time and one of the first things we did was test fit each others wheels.. l o l

Antera 109's 15x7

Figured these might do the trick.

Comment

good car,i like it very much,thank you

Comment

Ran these wheels for a bit, but he had abused them and I felt the white was a bit too much for my liking, sent them out to local powdercaoting place to get done in Alien Silver, and downsized the tires from a 195/45 to a 165/45. Also picked up a westy grill from a dude up in canada that i met down at h2o and shot with (@mikewantsacaddy)

Comment

Brings up to date to the 2015 season, where I basically just drove it like this to a bunch of shows all over new england including Staggered, Wolfsgart, and dubs on the track. But I just finally picked up a new heart for little ol artoo as hes getting up in age and is just around 125k miles and has a bent control arm that is messing badly with my alignment.(also drove face up ass down for awhile cause i was too lazy to lower the front and just kept forgetting) So we welcome this mk3 jetta that looks straight outta Fast and furious, wings west kit and all, but it includes a VR6 with only around 120k and a 5spd that ill be swapping in with the help of a bunch of friends in the storage unit the car now resides in during the cold months.

Also test fit my boyfriends wheels before he sold them just to see what a wider wheel will look like if i can find anything i like ( 15x9 0 offset)

Comment

"Everything has potential."

Comment

hi babe!
                    respect all enthusiasts

Comment

I was reading this like "Oh cool, they're from Mass. I don't think I've ever seen this car. Oh wait, maybe it looks familiar. Oh word my friend Sadie has those wheels. OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SADIE"

HI SADIE!!!

(it's Paul)
                      IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Awesome, love your westy front end. Excited to see another mk2 owner on the forum.

Have fun with the VR swap, it will rip once it is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                        and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by drift55 View Post
                          I was reading this like "Oh cool, they're from Mass. I don't think I've ever seen this car. Oh wait, maybe it looks familiar. Oh word my friend Sadie has those wheels. OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SADIE"

HI SADIE!!!

(it's Paul)

HI PAULL!!! ohmuhgosh thats great

Comment

Originally posted by sadiefortin View Post
                            HI PAULL!!! ohmuhgosh thats great
                            Welcome to the internet
                            IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Working...
                            X