No announcement yet.

Wide body, 3 piece rpf1's Mk4 Golf build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.instagram.com/jb_maf/ For updates and other fun car stuff!

Sticker for edge lit window is done, just need to sandblast. Mounts are installed, wires are trimmed and fastened, air lines are tidied up and grouped together. I made a mini manifold redirection block to keep the lines straight and it looks good. Mocked up the battery, just need to screw amp rack and run wires to amp and from amp to sub box location. I bought a press button toggle that will open and close a cylinder that will in turn open and close the trunk setup from a remote location not yet decided. Testing cylinders to see which one will do the job. I picked up a nice pfaff sewing machine and will be putting it to use for the diamond pleats and other stuff.
    Where the hardlines become flex:

Machine:

Toggle button for opening and closing hands free:

Cleaned up a bit:

Air lines flow under amp rack:

Air lines continue behind bumper:

Sticker for sandblast edge-lit window:
    JbMaf (Jason Bos Machining and Fabrication)

Comment

• Sewing machine is working perfectly and runs through vinyl like magic! Did some diamond pleats with my 1/4" foam to check diamond sizes. This size and shape looks good to me. I will spray adhesive between layers before I sew them so they don't shift around. LED edge lit works so good and really beams off the sand blasted letters. Really illuminates the whole interior. Very excited to get things done. Did more wiring clean up and terminal ends. Trying to keep things clean and right. Tomorrow will be more finalizing like making a multipost ground clamp block for the amp and batt in the trunk. Here's some of the LED colours:

Here's a short clip of it in action:

Instagram for updates add me please: https://www.instagram.com/jb_maf/

Comment

• Damn, noticed you're in Toronto. Wish you were around when I was still there, would've been nice to get custom work done properly, lol.

Comment

• Seeing it action was pretty damn cool, I thoroughly enjoy seeing this come to life!
          IG: @sebastienaudeon
          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
          *pats Sebs head*
          there there.
          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
            Seeing it action was pretty damn cool, I thoroughly enjoy seeing this come to life!
            Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
            Damn, noticed you're in Toronto. Wish you were around when I was still there, would've been nice to get custom work done properly, lol.
            Thanks guys, I'm from Kitchener not too far from Toronto.

Comment

• This thread is fantastic!

Comment

• i love everything going on. keep it up man
                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                Got Drop??

Comment

• Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
                  This thread is fantastic!
                  Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                  i love everything going on. keep it up man
                  Thanks people! Spring is here and I'm dying to cruise. I'm trying to keep up with jobs for other people so I can get back to my build. Side jobs pays for my build so it's a balance I have to stick with. I hope to finish the trunk this week.

Comment

• so damn good. You are doing amazing
                    IG: @SRTKR

Comment

• Looking god broski!
                      sigpic

Comment

• major update! I got a whole lot done this weekend. I've been crossing things off my list. Learned alot from CAR AUDIO FABRICATION youtube channel aswell as his instagram. I completed the wrap of the top of the access door with the diamond pleat and the smaller pieces that make it up. I pulled all the pillars off and the headliner so I can wrap them in a lighter grey diamond pleat 3/16" backed closed cell foam. This includes the door card inserts and some other accents in the interior. I'm super happy with how things are turning out. THe back of the access door looks so tidy with the rabbetted groove technic I learned to complete a wrapped edge where two fabrics meet or one ends. It's a really cool trick and way better then using staples. Next I have to polish my aluminum blocks that belong to the tank including the little brass air fittings. Then it will be reassembled and tested one last time. The air cylinder has been mounted and works well I just need to mount the toggle switch into the side plastics above the side rear tail light access points.

These are some brake adaptors I made for the front to replace the prototypes. These are available if anyone mk4 people want to run evo 8 4-pot brembos on their car.

And of course a pic of my wheel!

Im still waiting for the right seat base to mount my seat so I can begin the main hoop for the cage. Stay tuned!

Comment

• Your progress is amazing. Hyped to see the fender work.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Its pretty cool how you are building the car from the inside out with real attention to detail. Most people attack their cars in the opposite manner due to the exterior being visible at all times and our cultures obsession with instant gratification.

Keep it up!
                            Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                            and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
                              Its pretty cool how you are building the car from the inside out with real attention to detail. Most people attack their cars in the opposite manner due to the exterior being visible at all times and our cultures obsession with instant gratification.

Keep it up!
                              Originally posted by Supleme View Post
                              Your progress is amazing. Hyped to see the fender work.
                              Thanks guys! I'm stoked I'm making progress. My only focus is getting stuff done. Here's a rough mock up:

Comment

• video action of door cylinder: https://www.instagram.com/p/BD6ptaOz...aken-by=jb_maf

Comment

Working...
                                X