• Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is just wow. sub'd for more badass work

Comment

Originally posted by JordanByrneJ07 View Post

this is just wow. sub'd for more badass work
      Thanks dude!
      Got my 8w7 sub today. I can start making the speaker enclosure. I have some cool ideas using plexiglass beveled with LED's behind it to transmit the light to the edge. The sub is sooooo nice. The screws are recessed beneath the foam ring thing and there a metal o-ring thing that captures it all. It's pretty sweet!

I made some MK4 camber shims for a VW customer. They have +2 toe to compensate for the change in geometry due to lowering and camber stuff. These are -5 degrees. I'm making a ski press for a buddy and I'm devoting my complete attention to it until it's out the door. THen I can get back to me!

Comment

This looks like it's gonna be epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd View Post
          This looks like it's gonna be epic!
          I hope so. I've been driving shitty cars for too long now. I'm driving a 99 civic that leaks gas and has just radio for tunes, and before that a eurovan that caught fire twice! lol I miss cruising

Comment

I ordered stud conversions for my hubs and was supposed to get some lug nuts from somebody but that aint' gonna happen this lifetime so I decided to make some. This is a prototype. I don't even know if it's big enough to hold the wheel to the hub. Studs go from M14 to M12 which is my nut here. I'm looking to make one of them a security style nut with a secret removal technique which requires some left hand thread business or something. There will be more machining done like through slots, and maybe even a logo on the tip. They'll be stainless. I see some JDM lugs anodized aluminum I think and I wonder if that's even strong. Maybe I'm wrong though.

And this old machine is what I split my wheels on. My family friend is making space in his shop and so now it's here. I got a good price on it. I'll be able to do big easy stuff like skimming spacers, fixing rashed lips that are welded, and splitting wheels. Some simple basic stuff too. It' doesn't have a readout for now but dial indicators can do the job.

I'm filling my shop quickly and it's exciting. I really want a CNC mill then things will take off. That's in the near future I hope.

Comment

Nice!

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Originally posted by austin2112 View Post
                I cant fucking believe you're the guy that made my camber shims. And this is borderline local to me. This is the craziest thing i've ever seen holy shit.
                This reminds me of the GTI.. Miss that thing

Comment

Progress is looking great dude.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Supleme View Post
                    Progress is looking great dude.
                    Thanks my bro! Come by soon dawg
                    My new (old) lathe! And I got jobs already lined up for it. Brushing these crown vic wheel lips to have them copper/bronzy-clear powdered after with the faces another colour. Just trying stuff out for a local powder coat/wheel guy.
                    Tried using the beadroller to "tip" an edge over. The fenders will have a little tipped edge that meets a rubber trip piece. The tipped edge won't be as big as this sample but I'm learning different principals to apply in the near future!

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could be there to learn it.

Comment

Originally posted by anti.engineered View Post
                        That looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could be there to learn it.
                        There's lots of metal shaping people from Australia on the forums I'm on. You guys love your metal shaping machines!

Comment

Hey guys, not much progress in the way of doing things although I'm getting my machines running like me lathe and acquiring tooling. I will be able to offer custom machining services for wheel specific stuff like wheel bore/spacer bore stuff, filling/drilling wheels etc. It's great because I love car stuff, and it's fun to meet new people and see what other are doing in the way of builds. I picked up my tank and hardlines from powder today and they look awesome! The white will really stand out against the darker grey vinyl and the brass fittings will shine bright like a diamond against the white lines. I'm stoked to finish the trunk. I might choose a pale yellow for the roll bar/cage that will match a banner I may run in my front window. Here's the pics:

Comment

Just read through the whole thing. Amazing work and detail. I definitely got some inspiration from this build already.
                            IG - ChanbØb

Comment

Originally posted by Imaeechew View Post
                              Just read through the whole thing. Amazing work and detail. I definitely got some inspiration from this build already.
                              Thanks so much! I totally get inspired from other people too.

Comment

I'm loving this look hard! I'm not usually a white type but it's very clean. Cannot wait to sew and staple this vinyl on. I need to make more progress. I'd like to have the air ride setup done by end of January ready to start speaker box feb. I mocked up the lines with the fittings just to see. I'm gonna polish all brass and aluminum.

Comment

Working...
                                X