Wide body, 3 piece rpf1's Mk4 Golf build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
    Wow, just wow! Still cant get over those wheels man........ gorgeous!

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Layout for vinyl will be smooth sides with diamond upper plastics. I'm gonna just go with something and see how she looks. There's so many variations I have to just choose something and go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting, subscribed for progress. You my friend have some serious skills in some pretty varied areas. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by meme405 View Post
        Interesting, subscribed for progress. You my friend have some serious skills in some pretty varied areas. Well done.
        Thanks man! My mom is a dress-maker (sewing) and my dad was a machinist/toolmaker so they made me lol. I got my last wheel back cuz the bead was a bit bent and it was leaking a bit so now I take it home and its leaking air through one of the screws that mount the faces. I have to demount the tire and seal it better. There was kind of a gap where the barrel meets the face so I intended to run a band of tape to create a barrier from the silicone, then pack the silicone on. My buddy built them and not too sure what he did. Anyways no biggy I guess. I brought the tank and hardlines to powder guy and brass fittings will be polished up along with the aluminum blocks. I put the wheel on anyways for now to see how the car would look on the ground finally after all these months:

And here are some camber shims I'm sending off to a MK3 VW customer in the US somewhere. 20% gloss black powder with logo stickers set in about .03"
        https://www.instagram.com/filtersweeper/ for updates on interesting projects

Comment

holy shit this is awesome

Comment

Got a real camera and snapped shots. Moving stuff around today because I'm getting a big lathe thats going at the back of my shop. I had to hook my main compressor to my air ride to get the ride height set so I could roll the car around to get the impala off the back hoist. I've been essentially jammed in my shop because the car was on jackstands all this time. Excited to get another machine. I will be splitting all the wheels! lol Pics show the shape required for the fenders:

Comment

Jesus Christ this is amazing. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Comment

I never had any interest in VW's but this is gonna be awesome. What about the '64 Impala btw?

Comment

This is top quality work. Where did you get the perforated metal?

Comment

i <3 your craftmansship!!
                    Keep it up,!
                    GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                    WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                    "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

I <3 it

not terribly keen on show-off audio installs but a street car's gotta have beats.

Comment

Started welding up the barrel side of these next 3 piece conversion merc wheels I'm doing for my buddy's 190. I wish I would have welded mine up like this, because they would have sealed better as one is leaking where the one screw is. ANyways, I guess you learn something new everyday. I found using a torch to preheat the dirty 30 year old rimzoz helped a bit. Still didn't weld clean but it's an improvement for the design. Getting my new lathe on wednesday and will be able to split the rest of the merc wheels this week hopefully.
                        They will be reskimmed on the lathe obvi

Comment

Definitely pumped to see the end result. Keep up the good work man.
                          Road to a Stanced Civic (My Build Thread)

Comment

Updated my IG profile name: https://www.instagram.com/jb_maf/

Comment

Das widenessss lol

Comment

Originally posted by speakerboy View Post
                                This is top quality work. Where did you get the perforated metal?
                                Metal supermarkets in Kitchener. Any steel supplier can get it. Theres also heavier gage with bigger holes, smaller hole stuff and a diamond type pattern which looks like stuff you'd see on machinery: kind of ugly. Thanks everyone for the positive vibes. I'm doing my very best.

Comment

Working...
                                X