No announcement yet.

Wide body, 3 piece rpf1's Mk4 Golf build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I admire that you're taking the time to build (in my opinion, proper) metal flares. Keep up the good work
    How do you plan to attach the flares/arches - rivets, weld, glue?

Comment

• Originally posted by sdistc View Post
      I admire that you're taking the time to build (in my opinion, proper) metal flares. Keep up the good work
      How do you plan to attach the flares/arches - rivets, weld, glue?
      Thanks man! There will be screws to nutserts in the body with a rubber trim between the two

Comment

• This build is so impressive! Every time I check back I think - "Wow, if I had half the skill this guy has, I'd be able to tackle any of my projects ideas on my own!" Much respect, LOVE the trunk set-up and the flare work!
        Check me out on Facebook: Undr8d Empire: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

Check me out on Instagram
        : @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet #Project333ti by @castromotorsport @kingsautobodyshop @excel_motorsports @bimmerheads @mateomotorsports - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1493600

Comment

• Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          This build is so impressive! Every time I check back I think - "Wow, if I had half the skill this guy has, I'd be able to tackle any of my projects ideas on my own!" Much respect, LOVE the trunk set-up and the flare work!
          Thanks for the positive feedback. I appreciate it.
          You never know what you can do until you try. Anybody can do anything it just takes time to learn stuff, and the more times you do it the better you get. My mom is a sewer/dress-maker and my dad was a machinist so I get alot of my qualities from them. Believe it or not sewing has taught me alot about the metal shaping because it is very similar in many ways and I think it's helped me for sure. I implore anyone who wants to try something to go ahead and do it. If you have a drive for it you will no doubt achieve it.

Comment

• Wow this is awesome! Great to see good fabrication.

The only thing that confuses me, and no offense meant, but why you're going to just rivet them on after all that work instead of welded them to the quarters and fenders themselves?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
              Wow this is awesome! Great to see good fabrication.

The only thing that confuses me, and no offense meant, but why you're going to just rivet them on after all that work instead of welded them to the quarters and fenders themselves?
              That's a fair question. So for this year at least I will have them bolted on. I kind of like how bolt on fenders look and (rwb is sick) and it gives me the option to upgrade the next time around to smoothed welded on fenders. The one thing that worries me would be cracking where the fenders meet the car if there's any filler required to keep the transitions smooth. I'm actually going to need the help of the rubber trim edge to close inconsistencies in my shape. It will deffo be something I consider when I put out version 1.1 of my car.

Comment

• You're the man biz! I'll come visit this weekend.
                sigpic

Comment

• The progress you have made is amazing. So hyped to see the end result. Your skills are crazy.
                  sigpic

Comment

• This is quite difficult and it's discouraging but tonight was a bit of a breakthrough as I attached the first side with clecos, and made a screw dimple tool which works mint! Pics:

Comment

• i thougt they were getting all smoothed in....

Comment

• Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                        i thougt they were getting all smoothed in....
                        Not this time around. I'm gonna predict and day the fenders won't be 100% perfect so it will give me an opportunity to dial in the shape the next time around plus it's bound to have cracks where joint connections are made with filler etc. Also I like the look of over fenders personally

Comment

• Setback: the fender doesn't clear the tire properly. I can't really air out and sit low. Because I didn't want to cut the rear quarter before I was done to keep a reference I wasn't able to air out completely and get a good idea where the car would sit. After completing the screw flats I proceeded to attaching the fender via clecos and realized I need another 1/2" to .625 at the top area and less of a taper-off where it transitions. Basically more flat edge all the way with on only a slight transition inwards. I have to either modify the buck (which is the route I think I'll take) by adding some little pieces to the ends of each wood station, thus moving the fender edge out or start from new. I will probably finish the other side anyways to get practice in. FML oh well!

Comment

• You wanna sell the set you already made? Haha amazing work!!

Comment

• love this, amazing metal work
                              Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

• That is crazy!
                                Www.GrantMcDonnell.Com
                                @WeAreCerti

Comment

Working...
                                X