X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is cool !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherd View Post
      Can't wait to see this finished, this is gonna be awesome!
      Me too. It will be fun to drive

Originally posted by unqspeedy View Post
      Great build thread! You really have some amazing skills! Can't wait to see some more body work done!
      Keep it up with the nice work!
      Thanks for the compliments. Anybody can do it really. Having a work space helps for sure. Just a couple years ago I was working outside on the driveway so it does make a difference for sure.

Originally posted by exoticse View Post
      This is cool !
      Wish me luck today as I begin shaping metal

Comment

• Picked up my other W7 sub yesterday, and tested the system. At first I couldn;t get any sound to play, because I disconnected the monsoon amp which run all the factory speakers. This wasn't the only issue. I had the wires running 2 ohms bridged mono and the speakers are rated 3 ohms so I had to run from one channel 4 ohms instead. I have to run a secondary wire to the other sub so each one has their own channel. It sounds amazing though! Super impressed with the bass response. 500 watts per sub from the 1000 watts RMS Zapco amp which is like 10 years old. Great amp! Cant wait to cruise!

Comment

• Very interesting build!

Looking forward to some metal work!

Comment

• This is epic. Sub'd!

2005 B6 Audi A4 1.8T

Previous:
            2005 Opel Corsa Lite

Comment

• Metal shaping 101: not easy but it's fun! Certainly easier and faster then fiberglass and foam and all that bullshit. Here's where I'm at! It's actually lookng like something. I'm getting advice from the old guys on metalshaping forum. More here:

This is where it's to bulbus (if that's the right word)

Comment

• I'm so happy you're doing it right with metal!

Comment

• Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                  I'm so happy you're doing it right with metal!
                  Personally I think once I figure out the first one the rest will come easier. Compared to foam carving , and laying fiberglass and bondo and all that shit this is cleaner and faster. Plus you have a fender at the end you can make a mould of, and a buck if you want to make more fenders of the same shape. Here's how she sits on the buck today, getting closer to final shape. Laying flatter on the buck:

Comment

• Wow, I'm going to be watching this thread very closely now. I am so in to learn about body work and Im trying to absorb as much information as possible before I start doing flares like these. Awesome work man!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Unscrewed the buck from the car to check the shape better and test the fender. I also tipped the lower edge to create the body line and shrunk the material in to lay the edge flat. Looking for rubber trim that will help correct inconsistencies in my shape and close any gaps nicely. Here's how it sits now. Next I will make screw flats, and tip the wire edge in and over to create a strong edge. There will be transition pieces on either end that go from the fender to the car just in case you wondered.

Comment

• Definitely interested to see how this pans out.

There's a MKIV R32 that's cheap local to me, been thinking about it a lot

Comment

• Incredible work as always. Metal working by hand is an art, that unfortunately is slowly dying off. Happy to see your keeping it going. Have you thought about making side skirts to meet your flares, for that true wide body look?

Insta: JOSHMARKS_

Comment

• Awesome!
                            Maybe show us your workshop, the tools you're using etc? Looks like a whole lot of fun!
                            My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACKRIFLESMATTER View Post
                              Incredible work as always. Metal working by hand is an art, that unfortunately is slowly dying off. Happy to see your keeping it going. Have you thought about making side skirts to meet your flares, for that true wide body look?
                              Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                              Awesome!
                              Maybe show us your workshop, the tools you're using etc? Looks like a whole lot of fun!
                              Metal shaping is kind of like vinyl records. It's dying but its not. There are alot of people taking classes and new machinery is being made. If you consider the time and money it takes to make moulds for either shitty glass, or carbon stuff it's deffinitely a good option if you have the time or know someone who does it. I will be making custom side skirts to match which will be a new challenge. Today I tipped the wire edge over and hammer it flat onto a wire for rigidity. I'm ready to cut rear quarter to see how it sits. Kind of a big step forward. I picked up a gas bottle for the little miller mig welder. That will makes things a little easier, as my tig welder isn't currently equiped for sheet metal. (filler rod, tungsten, no foot controller etc)
                              I will start the next buck for the other side and make my screw flat tool which is basically a modified vice-grip with an impression die for jaws. Remaining on this fender is flats, front and back transition pieces then body work, prime, and wrap. I should get faster! Pics later computer is slow

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X