James' MK5 Jetta Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James' MK5 Jetta Build

Hi guys, I just wanted to show you guys my car and what I've done thus far. Here's some background on the car. It's a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta SEL package 1. It is a 5 speed manual and has the 2.5 5cyl. The exterior is spice red with tan leather interior.
    (Sorry if it's too detailed, some of these "mods" I did were small, stupid when I think about it now and pointless but it's part of journey)

May 2014:
    Lets start off with me buying the car. I bought the car in great condition and was completely stock. Here's what it looked like the day I got it.

20140513_173220

00O0O_ikBp3JcqrW6_600x450

The first few minor things I did to the car was wrap the center console trim and dome light trim with carbon fiber wrap. I also tinted the bumper side markers and mirror blinkers.

4c0dad8c-882c-4f76-873e-a668ea197f71

July 2014:
    One day I came home and thought it would be cool to take off my grill, remove the front license plate frame and paint the grill. I went with a brushed aluminum color. Later in the month I decided to do a mid-muffler delete and loved the outcome.

IMG_1422

IMG_0926

September 2014:
    I retrofitted some fog lights into the lower grills, I also filled the license plate holes in the grill myself. I also debadged the trunk lid for a cleaner look. When I got the car, the headlights were very oxidized so I took them out and cleaned them up.

DSC_2354

January 2015:
    I hadn't done much with the car for several months as it was snowboard season. I decided to have my resonator taken out as it was not loud enough. I also plasti-dipped my lower rear bumper along with the side skirts, front valence and roof. (inspired by the 2008.5+ bumpers)

IMG_3598

IMG_2951

March 2015:
    In the beginning of the month I was rear ended and they replaced my rear bumper with an '08.5 textured bumper. They also painted and blended the whole rear end and driver side fender. Later that month I had a Magnaflow muffler welded in place of the factory rear muffler. I also installed some 6500k HID headlights. Towards the end of the month I installed a Pioneer AppRadio 3 (which later broke) and swapped the shift boot with a Crown Royal bag.

May 2015:
    This is where I feel the ball really started rolling. I finally got some BC racing coilovers and lowered the car... a lot. On top of this I had the windows tinted 15% all around. The Magnaflow muffler didn't last long and I had it taken out. At this point I had straight piped it from the cats back to dual DC sport tips.

c

11168131_10207388979907301_5351223986057961034_n

July 2015:
    I took out my rear perches as I wanted to be lower and and added a skid plate to protect the oil pan. (thank god i did this) I installed some Megan rear camber arms in preparation for my wheels as well as a set of 2008.5+ dark cherry taillights.

IMG_7545

August 2015:
    This is the last month that I was going to daily my car as I was leaving for college and wouldn't have my car. Before I left, I had the front fenders widened, the hood and bumper sanded down and repainted because they had tons of rock chips. I also had the hood notch filled while I was at it. I then ordered a badgeless grill and a Votex lip. I also took the plastidip off of the roof and skirts and had the skirts and front lip truck bed lined to match the textured rear bumper.

(Shows how wide the fenders are now)
    Snapchat--2644285886777868739

IMG_20151127_164014

2015-07-24 11.06.25

(Yes I did raise the car at this time because I was a delivery driver)
    IMG_20151122_162655_1

Present:
    The car is sitting in my garage back home. It has only had 10 miles put on it since I left and it was to take it in to have the ABS system serviced. I plan on getting some wheels but I am having trouble deciding. If you want to keep up with my build, my Insta is @euromk5 and Twitter is @JamesMKV

Near future:
    I plan on getting some wheels but I can't decide between 3SDM 0.06, Rotiform IND-T or Enkei RPF1. I also plan on having the badgeless grill paint matched to the car as well as the lower grill trim. I also will have the lower grills and mirror caps painted high-gloss black. Lastly I need to find a set of thunder bunny side skirts. (TDI Cup Edition skirts)

(Old picture but one of my favorites)
    IMG_7195
    Last edited by euromk5; 12-08-2015, 06:58 PM.

Looks really good. Though you seem to be having problems with your pictures.

Comment

I like beige interiors! Agree on the pictures! hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Tate View Post
        Looks really good. Though you seem to be having problems with your pictures.
        I fixed the pictures, sorry about that. Evidently you can't use Google Drive.

Comment

Working...
        X