Loud, Low and Blue? W124 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
    Nah never installed them, the 400e springs are already stiffer than stock w124 springs so I just cut them to size and ran them but now I'm going to be welding in rear adjustable coil over sleeves and running a 6k swift spring I believe. No longer going with the r129 mount after hearing that and Im going to bite the bullet on the e36 coilover with camber plate set up like I ran before. Also Im looking into 326 power for wings similar to the one Tommk1 is running.
    If you are going to run bags and want to be fully dumped the. The r129 strut mounts are perfect. If you are going static then you better make sure you have stiff ass springs Hahaha
    Tommk car reminds me of storm troopers Hahha.wish I had the time, money and skills to accomplish all that
    sigpic
    instagram: chompsticks

Comment

Originally posted by chompsticks View Post
      If you are going to run bags and want to be fully dumped the. The r129 strut mounts are perfect. If you are going static then you better make sure you have stiff ass springs Hahaha
      Tommk car reminds me of storm troopers Hahha.wish I had the time, money and skills to accomplish all that
      It does look like a storm trooper I was thinking the same thing!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

326 power wing could look good I think. Similar-ish looking wings have been fitted in the 80's. I think Zender had a small version of that.
        In combo with the AMG kit, it should look rad

And about the center console: I just have a piece of carpet there. But I can Imagine that a car without any cupholders in the States is NOT DONE
        Lucas
        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
        Originally posted by LCG
        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
          326 power wing could look good I think. Similar-ish looking wings have been fitted in the 80's. I think Zender had a small version of that.
          In combo with the AMG kit, it should look rad

And about the center console: I just have a piece of carpet there. But I can Imagine that a car without any cupholders in the States is NOT DONE
          Is not done?

Comment

But I can Imagine that a car without any cupholders in the States is NOT DONE
            "Euro guys joke".

Haha but seriously I like where this is going man!
            Last edited by Laef; 01-20-2016, 01:57 PM.
            '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

Is not done?
              Originally posted by Laef View Post
              "Euro guys joke".
              This

Must be an UK-English saying then, since you're not familiar with it -->

'Not done' as in 'Not acceptable'
              Lucas
              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
              Originally posted by LCG

Comment

This

Must be an UK-English saying then, since you're not familiar with it -->

'Not done' as in 'Not acceptable'
                Oh lmao never heard it before haha, but yeah its very annoying specially because I also have no glove box so there's little to no storages in the cabin.

Comment

Glove box works well enough for "one" cup... hahaha
                  sigpic
                  instagram: chompsticks

Comment

I don't know if you mean the center console because w124's don't have glove boxes haha. This car is like naked.

Comment

Got some work done! At least some small things haha. Well as for those cupholders, I fixed a lot of flaws and added a little emblem Fitment still needs work though.

Some little things also came in the mail, Im PRAYING that these will clear the inner radius of my brakes, the last set I bought from this company didn't clear but these brakes are bigger than the w201's as far as I know...

I also got back into the shop and started designing again, cut up some acrylic today and it came out alright! But the fitment was horrible and I trashed it.

ALSO I am now in the market for one of these euro w124 car phones and all of the knowledge that comes with installing these haha! Let me know if anyone knows where I can get one...

Wheels will be test fitted tomorrow and maybe even camber arms installed if I decide to go for it. Also I anyone knows where I can get a set of either Ground Control or Yellow Speed Racing rear adjustable coil sleeves that bolt into the control arm, I WILL BUY THEM. So let me know if there's any leads as well, trying to steer away from welding on coilover sleeves from a honda. I will be running a 2x6x40K spring and need an adjuster to accompany it.

Comment

I don't know if you mean the center console because w124's don't have glove boxes haha. This car is like naked.
                        No. W124 do have a glove box, as long as the 1st owner didn't opt. for the passenger airbag back then

Like mine, which is an '86 MOPF0 model, didn't come with airbags. So I have a glove box.

Yours is a US-spec (so always fully packed, you spoiled brats) so it has a passenger airbag in place of the glove box.
                        Lucas
                        Originally posted by LCG

Comment

No. W124 do have a glove box, as long as the 1st owner didn't opt. for the passenger airbag back then

Like mine, which is an '86 MOPF0 model, didn't come with airbags. So I have a glove box.

Yours is a US-spec (so always fully packed, you spoiled brats) so it has a passenger airbag in place of the glove box.
                          Yeah I absolutely **** not having a glove box... I do have airbags, but because of the new steering wheel I installed, I only have them on the passenger side as of now.

Comment

Ever thought about doing this, Jimbo?

Lucas
                            Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Ever thought about doing this, Jimbo?

Really against the fake carbon look and I want more wood in my merc! Also I like the flush look that the one I designed has, Mine center console thing was also beat up and I would have had to have gotten a new one just to make a cupholder thing to fit in

Comment

Understood. Good luck!
                                Lucas
                                Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Working...
                                X