All show and no go - BMW E39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All show and no go - BMW E39

Hello guys, this is my attempt at making a build thread about my E39. I bought it way before i got my drivers licence, and it was my first ever car. Hope you enjoy it, and please ask any questions or express your opinions.

I bought this lovely 520i (Americans be like 'whaaat?') from an 85 year old gentleman in 2013. The car was low mileage and was in a lovely condition, it didn't have that much extras but it was a really solid first car.

Ordered a 7 inch aftermarket headunit to be able to run a subwoofer, of course they sent me an X5 unit, but because lack of cooperation to fix their mistake, this will have to do for now. The whole audio system will be redone soon.

Made the amber indicators red in the rear - much better in my opinion

15 inches... Not for long.

HID low beams and LED fogs/angel eyes installed for extra pimpin'

The old suspension was boating hard, so i went with OEM M-tech II struts and Eibach 40/30 lowering springs with new top mounts.

Also found some Style 81's to not look like a turd on the lowering springs. Only temporary, as you will see later.

Ordered a shitload of products from AMMO NYC to make the car look great. Cleaned inside and out and thoroughly polished.

Swapped the whole old black textile interior to M-sport leather seats, facelift M-sport steering wheel and a ZHP M-sport gear-knob.

It can carry my surf-gear without problem as well ;-)

Alignment revealed that my pilot super sports were all torn down in a matter of 2 months..

Then this happened...

In all the devastation and anger, i got myself a pair of new shoes for her and decided the future direction for the build.

Unfortunately when the wheel-shop were boring them up to 74.1 they fucked them up big time, and i got really pissed. So i made them get the wheels refurbished. I'm still waiting for this, so it will be done during the winter. They also didn't get the balancing right, because they are hopping like a fucking rabbit in the rear so there are things to be done here.

I was afraid the insurance company would impound the car, but they didn't and the car was repaired for way more than what is reasonable. I was so happy when i got it back.

Caught her in the moment when i got out of the gym.

The tires that sat on the rims when i bought them are really cheap-shit tires. I'm gonna have them swapped for a set of Michelin pilot super sports, and i think i will go up in size because they are way too stretched today. It doesn't fit the car and i want it to look proper.

From 215/35 front and 245/35 rear
    To a 235/35 front and 265/30 rear

I have some plans that i'm working out atm. they may or may not include some air...

-----:MORE PROGRESS WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW:-----

i like it, new wheels make it look like a 7
    Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Hey buddy, this seems interesting but somehow i can only see about 1/3 of the pictures you've posted.

Stoked to see the rest of this, so pls fix it

Comment

Ahh I'm already at the end of the thread :c
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X