No announcement yet.

Third Bagged Benz. 2001 E320 wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small update: Engine and trans have both been serviced and had seals and parts replaced that needed to be replaced. Had to change the upper engine harness from a ME2.0 version harness to 2.8 which required me to remove the intake manifold to access the two knock sensors.in the process i broke a bunch of vacuum hoses and dry brittle breather hoses that had to be replaced as well. Now that most of the maintenance items are out of the way I am getting ready to mate the engine and trans back together & bolt up the torque convertor. also got the old w210 e55 shell completely stripped out. Minus the heater core and body harness and other small bits. so now just need to have it towed off so that i have room to start pulling my m112 v6 out of the wagon!

C280 Build Thread
    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Small update, A lot of you already know. The wagon is now a W210 Estate (S210) E55 AMG Wagon.

C280 Build Thread
      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Whew, possibly my favorite W210 currently. I have a lovehate relationship with 210s, they are comfortable as hell, but the exterior is a bit dull and odd. But nothing a set of wide wheels, air and small bits can't fix.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Damn this thing is bad af

Comment

Damn, I never bet but the flares are looking good, and I love the swap, great work as always man

Comment

Dis a bad b*tch. Amazing work!

Comment

Hey buddy, I just came here to say hello.
                Cars are looking amazing as usual.
                Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
                  Whew, possibly my favorite W210 currently. I have a lovehate relationship with 210s, they are comfortable as hell, but the exterior is a bit dull and odd. But nothing a set of wide wheels, air and small bits can't fix.
                  thanks man! my thoughts exactly. The body is quite bulbous and round but i tend to like a little meat on the bones

Originally posted by Greasy63 View Post
                  Damn this thing is bad af
                  thanks man!

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                  Damn, I never bet but the flares are looking good, and I love the swap, great work as always man
                  thank you sir

Originally posted by lamsv View Post
                  Dis a bad b*tch. Amazing work!
                  thanks

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
                  Hey buddy, I just came here to say hello.
                  Cars are looking amazing as usual.

Hey brotha! thanks!!! I obviously dont come on here enough. That and I sort of stopped coming on here all the time because of all the damn spam threads got a bit annoying.

Anyway. Here are a few small updates, Since the swap, the car has been running great. I did however go into limp mode a few times when trying to drive it hard, only to find out that the transmission conductor plate, filter, gasket, and connector bushings should have all been replaced while the donor engine and trans were out of the car. But I kind of got in a hurry towards the end and started rushing things. Life sort of caught up and I did not document the rest of the swap very well. I had a baby girl born in august and haven't really been spending much time wrenching these days. I really do regret not taking more pics of the swap process but honestly i was too busy working on the car getting my hands dirty trying to get it back on the road.

The night the engine was dropped in and cooling system put back. At his point the car still needed The ECU programmed and basically the entire drive-line and rear subframe put back in place.

Dropping old V6 subframe So that i can swap over bags & control arms, etc onto the AMG donor car subframe pictured in front of my car at the rear of the silver wagon ( also an E55 AMG swapped wagon )

so in order to have an AMG cluster because of the whole ECU and Transitional year M.E. versions between the two cars.I was unable to simply plug and play the AMG cluster into the wagon. So i had to open them both up and remove the gauge dials from the AMG cluster and place them into my wagons cluster, Then re-install. Also because of this the wagons mileage remained the same as before as the cluster itself is still from the v6, just with AMG dials now.

Trans was going into limp mode and stalling on me. Scanned the car with Mercedes star Xentry and it indicated failure of Y3 speed sensor. I knew this was located on the conductor plate, so it was time to change.

Yup That speed sensor is for sure bad

Old:

New:

The DEATH of an ///AMG

The old 3.2L V6 with blown Head Gasket

Also painted my airbox and engine cover white and Used some Gold DEI heat resistant wrap on the intake tubes

Added a front lip that i had to cut and heat to fit still fits funny in the center but I really dont care. i like how it looks. Also have AMG side skirts that i will be adding some time.

C280 Build Thread
                  C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                  E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

As much as I'm not a camber guy, this wagon is badass!! Keep it coming. Loving the updates
                    Hipstagram tberardinucci

Comment

this thing keeps getting better and better

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by tylerlb View Post
                        As much as I'm not a camber guy, this wagon is badass!! Keep it coming. Loving the updates

Thanks man! I have not touched the camber at all though! So no worries there that is just natural camber when aired out in the pics that you're seeing . When I am up at my ride height it is very close to factory spec for camber, caster. and toe I actually removed the aftermarket adjustable camber arms that the previous owner had installed. I put back OEM camber arms. I like my tires too last!
                        C280 Build Thread
                        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                          this thing keeps getting better and better

Thanks dude
                          C280 Build Thread
                          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

You did an amazing job with this car. Loving it man
                            The only thing I am not a huge fan of are the over fenders - why do you have them?

Burner's Bagged Passat

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
                              You did an amazing job with this car. Loving it man
                              The only thing I am not a huge fan of are the over fenders - why do you have them?
                              Haha Thanks man! I believe explained that in the beginning of my build thread. But here are the cliff notes of the thread. so that you dont gotta read thru all the garbage.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              -Previous owner was static
                              -Fenders were fucked (bacon + tons of body filler)
                              - Buddy had ZG flares laying around so I installed them, problem solved on to the next.
                              -Car needed new engine bcus blown head gasket on v6
                              - Rather than spend thousands $$$ on cool looking metal wide body fender work I bought an E55 AMG sedan to use as a donor car.
                              -Swapped the AMG V8 engine, trans, and other parts ( the entire car basically) over to my wagon.
                              - Have still spent less on the entire build than some shops were quoting me for all metal wide body.
                              - I am much happier now.
                              - THE END

Joking aside. Maybe metal fenders will be in store for the wagon later down the road. I do prefer the look of metal fender fabrication over the rivet on flares. Its just hard to shell out that kind of money on something solely cosmetic when there are so many other things i can think to buy
                              C280 Build Thread
                              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                                Haha Thanks man! I believe explained that in the beginning of my build thread. But here are the cliff notes of the thread. so that you dont gotta read thru all the garbage.
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                -Previous owner was static
                                -Fenders were fucked (bacon + tons of body filler)
                                - Buddy had ZG flares laying around so I installed them, problem solved on to the next.
                                -Car needed new engine bcus blown head gasket on v6
                                - Rather than spend thousands $$$ on cool looking metal wide body fender work I bought an E55 AMG sedan to use as a donor car.
                                -Swapped the AMG V8 engine, trans, and other parts ( the entire car basically) over to my wagon.
                                - Have still spent less on the entire build than some shops were quoting me for all metal wide body.
                                - I am much happier now.
                                - THE END

Joking aside. Maybe metal fenders will be in store for the wagon later down the road. I do prefer the look of metal fender fabrication over the rivet on flares. Its just hard to shell out that kind of money on something solely cosmetic when there are so many other things i can think to buy
                                Thank you for your summary explanation! I appreciate.
                                I feel like an ass now for not paying attention at the beginning of your thread Sorry for that.

I completely understand now and 100% agree with you man. Keep up the good work.
                                You have the best s210 on the planet

Burner's Bagged Passat

Comment

Working...
                                X