My Slow EG Sedan Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In for more slammage.

Shave your Front and rear fenders and tuck them Diamonds like no tomorrow.

Comment

• I wish parts were as cheap for my rocco lol. can't wait to see this thing with the engine lift installed!
      Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tate View Post
        In for more slammage.

Shave your Front and rear fenders and tuck them Diamonds like no tomorrow.
        Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
        The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
        it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
        My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
        My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
          I wish parts were as cheap for my rocco lol. can't wait to see this thing with the engine lift installed!
          It's already in! All set up, no more exhaust scraped! Just frame bangin'

Follow me on Instagram if you guys want more frequent updates
          @Stance_God

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• Ok I'll start off this update with these XXR's that I picked up with decent 195/50/15 tires for $180. Slapped them on the EF hatch and ordered a camber kit for it.

and I finally got around to snapping some pictures of the motor lift kit. It's worked wonders and I haven't scraped up front since I installed it!

trans mount

now I also lowered the front down about a half inch or so. Once I order my drop forks, it'll go even lower.

Clearance from ground to lip

and here's the oilpan to ground clearance. I don't have a pic of before though.

and then I'll leave you guys with these last pics

Thanks for looking guys, I hope to have some more updates coming soon! stay tuned

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• Hey guys, been a second since I updated this. After my car got fixed, you all know that I picked up these XXR's for $180.

Shortly after that, I picked up these other XXR 002's for $200. They're 15x9 with a 0 offset. They looked great and had a ton of lip.

They needed some work but looked pretty great. However, I sold them to a buddy for $260, so thats a nice profit. Sad to see them go but the money was too good to pass up.

Next, I found this legit sparco leather P310 steering wheel for $40, even came with a momo DA integra hub. Both are currently listed on eBay. Hit me up for the link if you're interested.

So hopefully I'll be able to turn a nice profit from these. I might have some other stuff coming, so keep an eye on this thread! As always, you can follow me on Instagram @Stance_God

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• Forgot to mention all of this too.

Here are the test fit pictures for those 15x9 xxr's

Taco Bell gift card for scale

Since the motor lift kit raised the engine upwards 1", it also raised the angle of the drive axles. But that caused a problem.

the drive axles were rubbing the frame, so it needed to be notched.

My dad lending a hand

making the first cuts

first slices

so we ended up with this:

Driver side

Passenger side

they're not the best notches in the world, but they will do.

I ended up trading those Black XXR's to my buddy for these gold mesh wheels.
                here's a pic of them on his miata.

they're 15x7 with +35 offset wrapped in 195/45/15. They look good and hopefully I can get some cash for them or throw them on the hatch.

The Sparco steering wheel that I bought yesterday has already sold on eBay for $85, so thats dope.

That's all I have for now guys, but be sure to keep an eye on this thread!

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• Things happened

I was scrolling through facebook car groups when I came across these beauties.
                  These are sideskirt splitters from Top1 Motors. I didn't even know these existed until 2 days ago lol. These retail at $160 new and my pair came with a set of oem sideskirts from a coupe for $100.
                  I don't have any pictures of the install because it was super frustrating and then I found out I was doing it all wrong lol.

p.s. I thought these pictures turned out nicely and they didn't, so be warned lol

I'll get better pictures later on.

So that's all I have for now, but stay tuned because more updates are definitely coming.

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• So, I have some parts coming soon. But in the meantime, I painted the steelies gray to match the overall vibe of the car. here are some pics

they are a semi-gloss granite. This is how they looked while freshly painted

and then they dried, leaving the Satin finish behind
                    *NOTE* what looks like a giant run in the paint is actually just a manufacturing defect.

and this is the overall product!

Overall, I'm super happy with how they came out. The cans of paint costed $3 each and the sandpaper costed $2, so really it only cost me $8 and a couple hours to get this result.
                    I also used a spray can grip from ace hardware that I got for $6, and I really think it helped with the overall result on the paint job.

I'll get some better pictures in the morning or in the next few days because it's currently pouring outside. Keep your eyes on this thread because I'll have a lot more coming soon!
                    Thanks guys
                    Last edited by Loaf31; 01-06-2017, 11:35 PM.

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Working...
                    X