My Slow EG Sedan Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright so here's the dealio.
    A lot has happened since the last update.
    we thought the TPS was going bad because of a thrown code. Got a used one and replaced. code went away, problem did not.
    Pics:

Prior to my ownership of the car, it had sat without being run for 9 years. So the fuel tank was super rusty. Got a new one off eBay for $80, delivered in 2 days.

yuck

Old tank out

New one going in

Also got a new fuel pump sock. Slapped those in.

Old vs. new

Ready to go in

SO all that being done, issue still persisted. FML right?
    Okay so we narrowed it down to injectors. Pulled them and found this on one of them.

Well just decided to say fuck it. Just soaked the injectors in seafoam overnight and then slapped them in and started it up. Wouldnt you know, it ran perfectly? Filled it up with gas, drove it for a good 3K miles. Felt really good to be driving her again.

LO AND BEHOLD. SHE FUCKS ME AGAIN.
    Hit a really hard bump, starting making a weird noise (always a bad sign).
    Took a look at the engine to locate the noise, the Crank pulley wasnt moving at all. No PS, no alternator charging.
    Come to find out, the woodruff key sheared off, taking part of the keyway with it.

the chattering also ruined the pulley/harmonic balancer

fuck my life right?
    I've sourced and bought a new woodruff key, pulley, and bolt. So now I'm going to tow the car to have the woodruff key welded to the keyway so it cant move. then we should be right as rain.

So now for some good news. Got some goodies over time.
    Picked up this Z6 head that needs to have one of the valve cover bolt holes re-tapped. Other than that, its mint. also picked up the intake, throttle body, and vtec solenoid for it.
    All for around $50.

Also "Acquired" this speed limit sign.
    Might turn it into a skid plate, who knows.

So thats all I have right now, be sure to check back for more progress!
    Stay tuned
    Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
    The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
    it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
    My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
    My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Yo bro I really love the EG chassis I had a 93 coupe with a full JDM D15B Vtec along worth the LSD tranny, shit was siiiiick. But of course it was stolen and stripped. Anyway I'd love a sedan, clinched fender flares & maybe some Corvette sawblades. Seems like you really love your car so keep up the great progress. Also I had a e30 with some e38 BMW 16x8 (+23?) basket weaves, I think they would be sick on your ride after a redrill of course, I say keep an eye out.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy63 View Post
        Yo bro I really love the EG chassis I had a 93 coupe with a full JDM D15B Vtec along worth the LSD tranny, shit was siiiiick. But of course it was stolen and stripped. Anyway I'd love a sedan, clinched fender flares & maybe some Corvette sawblades. Seems like you really love your car so keep up the great progress. Also I had a e30 with some e38 BMW 16x8 (+23?) basket weaves, I think they would be sick on your ride after a redrill of course, I say keep an eye out.
        Hey thanks for the kind words man! Yeah I'd love a set of basket weaves, just need to find some lol

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Okay so been a sec since my last update. things have gotten somewhat rowdy.

So first, you guys remember that I had hit a raccoon and smashed half the paint off my front bumper. Well I finally got around to ordering my new bumper for $63 off eBay. Painted using the Rustoleum Paint + Primer in Gloss white, matched perfectly.

after

It only gets worse from here
          made my way down to S&S Exhaust in Jacksonville (Y'all in Jax know them) and had them do a lil' somethin' somethin'.

What's missing?

Muffler cut off, Welded on this obnoxious, ricey, gay-as-fuck boso tip.

So it now pops in between shifts which is totally okay with me
          Next, I picked this Momo Daytona XL racing seat up for $60 so thats pretty rad

Next, I picked up this OEM radio from a Del Sol, which is cool because my stock one was absolutely dicked. slapped it in and fiddled with the speakers to get them to work.

The radio worked great for about 2 days and then one day started smoking so I took it out and slapped this coin/cupholder in place of it. Gonna tinker with the radio to try and find the issue.

Now I had posted way earlier about my old EF hatch, Timothy.
          I sold that car to my mom in Late February to afford the Dub FelgenWerks that are currently on my car. Well, she's not using it so I picked up some old struts and threw on some eBay sleeves that I had laying around.
          Also picked up some BBS reps (15x8, +20 with bald 195/50/15) and slapped them on timothy which resulted in this.
          These wheels have been sold, but I'm in the process of buying them back since this setup looked so damn good.

So that's all I have for you guys at the moment. Plans from here on out are to just enjoy driving the car. Need to start showing it the TLC that it needs.
          Stay tuned guys! Follow me on Instagram @Stance_God

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

60$?!?!?! HOW?!?!? I would KILL for a MOMO seat lol.
            Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

I require more updates.

Comment

Don't those things retail for like 1k? Was he high when you bought it?
                Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by Tate View Post
                  I require more updates.
                  ask and ye shall receive

Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
                  Don't those things retail for like 1k? Was he high when you bought it?
                  Lol yeah one of the head pieces had been cut off so he sold it for cheap. I'm gonna try and fix it.
                  They retail for $700 each, so $60 is a pretty good deal.

I don't have many updates yet, but I'm looking at purchasing some more parts, installing more parts, stuff like that. I'll keep you guys updated.
                  for more pictures daily, check my instagram @Stance_God
                  I upload there almost every day
                  Last edited by Loaf31; 11-21-2016, 10:49 PM.

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Hey guys so it's been almost a month since my past update.
                    Nothing much had changed up until this past friday, 10/14/16.

Traded my Dub FelgenWerks for a set of Diamond Steelies
                    Take a look!

Diamond Racing Steelies 15x8, 0 offset. 165/45/15 in the front and 195/50/15 in the rear.

Eventually, I want to get a pair of 165/45 for the rear as well, but these will do for now.
                    I actually had to take one of the locking rings off the rear camber kits to allow for an extra bit of camber to make the 195/50 fit.
                    As of right now, the car is out of commission due to another crank pulley failure. We didn't tighten the crank pulley bolt down enough.I'm sourcing a new one and I'll slap it on and call it a day.

Thanks for looking guys! I post a lot more on Instagram than I do here, so follow me!
                    @Stance_God

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• The colour of those Diamonds looks really nice.

I'm just not too fond of Diamond Racing wheels, cause they are on everything.

But I'm waiting on those RatedRs

Comment

• Originally posted by Tate View Post
                        The colour of those Diamonds looks really nice.

I'm just not too fond of Diamond Racing wheels, cause they are on everything.

But I'm waiting on those RatedRs
                        Lol I've always been a fan, so I had to jump on them.
                        I'm afraid that I'm the bearer of bad news when I say the the Rated-R's were sold a few months back.

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• just a few photos for you hoes

that is all

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• So I picked up a hood bra and adjusted the front ride height a bit so I wouldn't be scraping on literally everything
                            I'm also battling with some rubbing issues in the rear so I have to get that sorted out too.
                            Here are some pics!

I have some more stuff coming soon so stay tuned!

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• I really dig the bra but now you look very high up front compared to the rear. I think you have to scrapping everything to look badass all around. My motto is, "if you ain't scarppin' you ain't shit" so get that front end back down low ASAP haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Greasy63 View Post
                                I really dig the bra but now you look very high up front compared to the rear. I think you have to scrapping everything to look badass all around. My motto is, "if you ain't scarppin' you ain't shit" so get that front end back down low ASAP haha
                                Don't worry, it'll be on the ground soon
                                I have some plans in the works to make the front end super low and not scrape
                                Also probably looking at getting 165/45/15s for the rear to match the front

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Working...
                                X