Originally posted by DukeNukeEm' View Post
      The Toyo's... All day erday
      Haha ya? Sweet!

Originally posted by white out View Post
      This build is looking good.
      Thanks mang!
      89 Carb'd-Turbo Golf Cabrio

Comment

Very neat build! I like that you are adding Air to Water... My typhoon uses it stock. What type of pump do you plan on running? Can get a ford lightning pump or something similar. Since you are on a budget, you can get pumps from Harbor Freight for cheap!
        1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
        Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
        1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
        1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydawg View Post
          Very neat build! I like that you are adding Air to Water... My typhoon uses it stock. What type of pump do you plan on running? Can get a ford lightning pump or something similar. Since you are on a budget, you can get pumps from Harbor Freight for cheap!
          Thanks dude, I'm excited to see how it runs with that set up. Later on down the road I wouldn't mind running a small shot of nitrous oxide to spool the turbo off the go. I hear it cools the charge a little too which is nice. I know I have a lot going on with my car. But I want to keep pushing the boundaries with it.

For the pump I think I'm gonna for a bosch unit. They seem to be around $200. I want a decent one, I'm gonna locate the ice box in the rear and the lines will come through the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rez_hoj View Post
            Thanks dude, I'm excited to see how it runs with that set up. Later on down the road I wouldn't mind running a small shot of nitrous oxide to spool the turbo off the go. I hear it cools the charge a little too which is nice. I know I have a lot going on with my car. But I want to keep pushing the boundaries with it.

For the pump I think I'm gonna for a bosch unit. They seem to be around $200. I want a decent one, I'm gonna locate the ice box in the rear and the lines will come through the car.
            People have had good results running the harbor freight units. If you run something that pumps too fast, the the ice box won't have time to cool the water. I would go cheap at first and see how you like it.
            1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
            Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
            1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
            1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydawg View Post
              People have had good results running the harbor freight units. If you run something that pumps too fast, the the ice box won't have time to cool the water. I would go cheap at first and see how you like it.
              That's a good point. I'll take a look at them!

Comment

Picked up a few bits for the cabby.

Msd tach adaptor, so I can run my stock cluster. Ice box/water-reservoir for the rear of the car. Heat exchange with the little fan.

Comment

On my way with the paint...

Comment

Polished more of my bolts..

Started torquing them down

Then test fitted them

Comment

Bloody hell mate this is taking shape real quick, love the headlight crosshairs!

Comment

Thanks ☺️ I now have all the major stuff, I need tires.. Then it's on to the small things!

Comment

It's been a while.. I've been busy with the car!

Made a new down pipe with the v flange attachment, wrapped in heat wrap.

Blew apart my Recaros, taking the old fabric off.. Making new templates then sewing them back together!

Colour matched the carb caps to the valve cover..

Worked a bunch on the top.. It's all done, I just have to take the plunge and cut the rear window then fit the glass!

Fitted a couple of switches in the dash. One for the pump in the rear and one for the dual fans.

Comment

Great build! Love the carb turbo setup. How was it fitting the top?

Comment

It was actually pretty easy to get it to that point. I took my time. The hardest but could be tt to come with the window. We will see ☺️

Comment

Please tell me this thing will be in the driven show may 7th!
                                Canadian eh,

Comment

Working...
                                X