Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Special '62

Hi all;
    My name is Jake. I've been a long time reader here at Stanceworks, I never had anything really worth posting so I've just sat and admired until now. I am new at forum posts; but i hope that i can deliver something that may interest someone out there.
    I've owned numerous cars over my licence holding years (and a couple before then). The list includes....
    A 1962 Holden EK (of which this thread refers to)
    A 1970 Toyota shovel nose Corona (sold)
    A 1975 Valiant Ranger station wagon (sold)
    A 1981 BMW 323i e21 (sold)
    And a1984 BMW 528i motorsport package (manual) e28 (sold)
    Please ask if you want to know anything about them; I'm always willing to share.

So I guess this is where it begins. (its a long story....)
    Ive loved cars my whole life; I read the magazines growing up and always admired beautiful pieces of sheetmetal that where around. this car is a very special one to my family and has been with us now for over 13 years.
    my mother bought it for my father as a 40th birthday present and he had big plans for a rebuild. nothing ever came of it and unfortunately circumstances ended with me in possession of the vehicle at about 11 years old.
    i always adored the curves of this car and through my teenage years dreamed of stripping it and rebuilding it; but with neither the time; skills or money i could only dream (its probably a good thing i didnt... who knows what kind of monster we would have!).
    when i turned 16 i bought my first car (the corona) and subsequently put all my effort into that car; learning what i could and doing everything to it; from learning to change the oil and bleed the brakes etc...
    this meant the holden took a backseat; and has done because of each car that i have bought since. when i sold my last project/dd (the 528i) i had to buy a sensible car and have since not modified anything for a while. its now time to give the Holden the attention that it has long deserved and this is where we are now. (i appologise for the essay; university habbits die hard).

i will post some pictures of the '62 tomorrow.

i found one photo along with some of the Compomtive wheels i picked up the other day for the car. i cant find any info on them but they fit perfect, im rebuilding them and definately changing the colour of the centres. strangley 3 of the 4 are 3 piece, the last one is 2 piece...

Comment

This could be really great if it isn't already
      Lucas
      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
      Originally posted by LCG
      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

thanks mate its definitely got potential; i hope you guys like what i do it.

So i took some photos of the car today. i appologise for the dirty workspace/car.

you can see where someone thought that pop-riveting the front fender chrome was a good idea! :/

here is also a couple of pictures of the underbody which i completely stripped when i was about 14; there are still a couple rust holes that need patching from the inside but the rest of the car is very solid.

also while i was here i thought id show off the rebuilt diff (a local shop did it and i couldn't be more pleased!) the rear end has just finished being overhauled, with all rust being removed, all new suspension bushes and shocks and paint.

the front end is next on the agenda.... and these where purchased to get me motivated!

oh and the trusty old 138 Grey motor (not the most advanced or high horsepower ever; but they run forever!)

Comment

Split the wheels; ready for stripper!

Comment

this is cool! Love seeing classic aussie cars done differently like this
            Like a glove

Comment

wheels look awfully small on that platform

subbed for more tho
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Not with some meaty white walls
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Wheels stripped and ready for the long polishing process...

Thank you for your support guys

The wheels are bigger than I ever planned on actually; they just came up at an awesome price. I hope they'll look good with some chunky tyres

There are some big updates coming soon!

Comment

so some things went missing today...

OH there they are!

engine out tomorrow!

Comment

I'm loving this man, keen to see how you integrate a god old aussie classic with some new style stance man!!
                      what are your plans for suspension?
                      what are your plans for the engine
                      and plans for paint :P

keep up the good work man
                      Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

Thanks man!

Suspension plans i am unsure of at the moment; i want it to be low but this cars gotta be drivable, something comfortable you know? I know i am keeping the kingpin front end (which most people don't) and that it'll all be getting stripped and rebuilt hopefully before the end of the year.

As for paint, id love to drop the money into it but I just don't have it so I think Im gonna rock the original patina until i can afford to paint it right. Ill probably keep these colours 'cause they've really grown on me.

As for the engine, well this happened today... (Please excuse my bogan looking mate)

Its so bare in here! Can you believe my whole wiring harness consisted of THREE wires?! This is why I love old cars hahaha

I now have until the engines been built to repaint (and possibly smooth) the bay and remove rebuild repaint and reinstall the front crossmember!

Its been dropped off at local shop for a full rebuild (back to stock) this is no horsepower queen and i have very low expectations of how quick it will be.

Bye bye old grey; see you soon!

Comment

Pretty cool bro, can't wait to see where this leads

Yes i'm a newcomer xD but I know stuffs

Comment

I agree the wheels looking small but cool car! That front sun visor looks like the one a poker dealer would wear haha

Comment

Originally posted by fowlere30 View Post
                              i agree the wheels looking small but cool car! That front sun visor looks like the one a poker dealer would wear haha
                              Fr!!

Comment

Working...
                              X