Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @dano_reyno

Comment

• Just read from start the whole thread, somehow I have missed it before...
      Amazing dedication, creativity and great attention to detail make the best recipe for a build.

Congrats on start! Sounds as good as it looks.
      "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
      Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Such a build!!!
        My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• The carbon fiber panels on the interior a cool touch, but they just don't "fit" in my eyes.

Excited to see this come together!
          Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Car is running smoothly currently and i am waiting on a TPS sensor before i am able to drive it. Copy/paste update below from Norotors.

For sake of time and money i ordered this PS delete kit from driftmotion and got that installed.

Ordered heat range 7 plugs and gapped them accordingly. installed plug wires and finalized ignition system install.

Finally fully plumbed, wired, and awaiting fluids.

Also ended up switching last minute to AEMs new E85 320lph pump due to struggling to fit the 044 and the looped line into the tank. I ended up not being able to fit the 044 inside the sump chamber at the bottom of the tank, and during that ended up kinking the PTFE line. Ordered up this AEM and rewired the pump and got everything installed. This AEM actually flows more than an 044 and is also more consistent throughout higher fuel pressures per Dsports fuel pump shootout.

After installing the pump i primed my fuel system to flush the lines and found a large fuel leak at the number 1 injector. Havent torn it down yet but it appeared to be coming from the O ring which seals the top of the injector to the adapter which then inserts into the rail. Figures out of all the fuel fittings i have assembled the only thing that leaks is what i did not check. I actually never bothered to check those O rings or even remove the adapters.

Fuel leak was caused by drift motion using copper crush washers on ORB fittings. I had them really things tight but they still leaked and i also didnt like how the plug on the rail protruded 60% into the bore of the rail. Radium rail installed and this thing is badass and such a high quality piece. injectors got all new O rings as well.

Last plumbing work was for the wastegates. I wanted to keep it tidy and got the job done using 3 tee fittings. May rework it to shorten lines a little more if possible. this is set up per AEM recommendation for max boost/ response and to run spring pressure when EBCS is off.
            [img width=800 height=532]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4649/28250328849_137cbb8f90_k.jpg[/img]

Realized how expensive t bolts/ constant tension stuff was but read through a bunch of reviews and found a great deal on these t bolts on amazon.
            [img width=800 height=532]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4627/28250328469_0f86d33594_k.jpg[/img]

Grabbed my FTPs when i was home for the holidays as well and threw them back on. I like this look again
            [img width=800 height=532]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4716/25158443807_b3fdbf7221_k.jpg[/img]

I wanted to update this with some info on the last pieces for anyone referencing this thread. As stated earlier, after smoothing out some cold starts and idle tables on the tune, we noticed that my throttle % would read negative when snapping the throttle. Turns out the used manifold i bought to delete the aristo DBW throttle had a 2JZ GE TPS sensor installed which rotates backwards. I have a new sensor on order but it wont be here until next week.

For a throttle cable, i bought a $22 FD RX7 cable from summit and cut the throttle end off and then cut the cable to length. After i did this, i crimped the threaded housing end back onto the cable and then used a set crew type cable end lug. This worked well as the firewall clip and throttle pedal clip were all the same as the OEM cable.

For a driveshaft, i had a custom one made by a local shop - fort worth gear and axle. total distance between output shaft and pinion flange was 34-7/16". Most driveline shops order slip yokes/ flanges from powertrain industries and for a CD009 you will need a 3503-323 slip yoke and the turbo II pinion flange 2602-41. For reference, i am using a TII housing with a Kaaz 1.5way LSD. An 8.8 kit with gearing to match the CD009 is on the list. I already have a complete 8.8 LSD waiting for me to pick up.

Clutch setup is an ACT sprung 6 puck 350Z clutch on the collins kit with flywheel. I used the 350Z slave cylinder with the 350Z OEM sized master cylinder from Wilwood in 5/8. Stu kelley firewall adapter and trimmed Mazda clutch pushrod. I had a custom clutch line made by chasebays @ 33" length.

I did have some issues with voltage drop from the Mazda chassis wiring i tapped into in the engine bay. I ended up adding 2 additional fuses to the mazda underhood fuse box using terminals i harvested from other connectors. I then ran 2 relays underhood to supply power to the VVTI, IAC, and injectors. The other relay feeds the cooling fans to reduce any voltage drop from the relaybox mounted in my passenger cubby.

I will be mounting tires soon and will be running Falken Azenis RT615K+ in 225/40/18 in the front and Nitto NT01s in the rear @ 265/40/18. Before the car is truly roadworthy i need to do front control arm bushings, order the Hinson sway bar spacers, and replace the front wheel bearings using the mazdatrix stuff.

I also cleaned up the lines for my breather setup and routed some things differently.

I have a chasebays coolant overflow on order so ignore the line running over the rad support. I will likely mount the overflow under the air filter.

Last edited by danny33; 04-06-2018, 08:59 PM.
            @dano_reyno

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              The carbon fiber panels on the interior a cool touch, but they just don't "fit" in my eyes.

Excited to see this come together!
              Thanks, i think it will all come together once the carpet and trim pieces go back in.
              @dano_reyno

Comment

• Originally posted by danny33 View Post
                Thanks, i think it will all come together once the carpet and trim pieces go back in.
                I think they will fit even better with a carbon cluster surround, that'd be really nice.

This car is crazy, I love your attention to quality and the racecar feel of the engine bay

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Just updated the first page with many pictures that got lost during photbuckets scam of 2017. Let me know if anyone wants pictures of anything specific.
                  @dano_reyno

Comment

• This is so good!
                    Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• I tried writing what I think of your wiring a couple of times... deleted them because I did not want to sound like I want to have your kids.

So instead I found this.

Comment

• how one could wander so deeply into the dark abyss of wiring as you have done gives me the shakes, but please... carry on

(on the update where you start up the car for the first time, please include a flute of champagne)

Comment

• Thanks guys for the kind words. Installed the correct TPS and was able to drive this thing for about 25 minutes today. Coolant temps stayed below 185* and fuel pressure remained solid and did not drop below 43PSI. Going to mount tires, adjust ride height, and then get it registered this weekend. After that, i am waiting on a hood vent and will start street tuning it. Filmed some shitty videos on my phone and linked the youtube video below.

@dano_reyno

Comment

• Nice, glad to see it out on the road
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Loving the carbon against the maroon interior, engine bay is insane.
                              My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• That is so good!

I'm about to redo the cooling on my 2J, why does pretty much no one reroute the top hose to the top left of the radiator so it's straight?

Comment

Working...
                                X