No announcement yet.

1994 Ford Probe Gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't matter if we're fans of this car or not. You bought it because you liked it. You're just showing us what they could be.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
      Doesn't matter if we're fans of this car or not. You bought it because you liked it. You're just showing us what they could be.
      Yeah that's true. Shaun's probe is a perfect example of what it could be. I just sit here and dream of mine being that great.

I ask him for alot of advice when it comes to fitment he helped me out with doing my custom coil setup.

Comment

I got a text saying my front coils were done! He also told me he thinks he can get the rears too work so hopefully that turns out well but I'm happy to have my coils back.

Picking them up Saturday and will take pictures.

I really want to buy the rear diffuser but bills are telling me not this pay lol oh well maybe next pay.

No real updates otherwise.

Comment

So I got my coilovers back front and rear. All assembled ready to go. I'll start test fitting when I find some time. Had a very close family member pass away so I've been with family all weekend and will be pretty much all week.

Next on the list of things to buy is

-Rear diffuser
          -H&R camber bolts
          -King6 or megan racing adjustable trailing arms

Comment

Originally posted by Havemrcy View Post
            I was wondering if this is the right way to do this? It has Mk1 universal camber plates up front didn't know if I had enough thread left or needed to put a spacer with my boot and insulator.

Front camber plates waiting to be put on. Amy info from people or suspension gurus would be greatly appreciated!!

Updated mods list.
            You should be good. If you needed the extra space to thread it shouldn't make a big difference. I know on my accord I ran mine without and just use the bumpstop with stock fasteners

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
              You should be good. If you needed the extra space to thread it shouldn't make a big difference. I know on my accord I ran mine without and just use the bumpstop with stock fasteners
              Yeah he figured something out. I need to take a picture of them.

In the mean time. When payday hits I'll be ordering the megan racing trailing arms and links kits and my H&r bolts.

Tomorrow if I have time I'll install coils just to see how it looks on stock wheels.

Comment

Ordered a few more parts. Hopefully they here by next week! I gots a week vacation so I'll start putting the coils on and seeing about my wheel fitment.

I also finally ordered my diffuser!! Can't wait for that bad boy to get here then I can get my bodykit fitted.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Ok so a few change of plans after looking around some more.

This is the rear diffuser I bought and plan on custom fitting.

Also decided to sell the s2k lip and go with this instead.

Next pay should be buying the lip but for now it's getting the wheels fitted correctly and putting all my other parts on.

Need to fix the timing belt and get the stuck spark plug boots out so I can get her running again and moving around.

Comment

So I've been doing some work on the probe and this bish hates me lol. I got the rear subframe out but 3 of the subframe bolts snapped off and only one came out correctly ggrrreeeaatt!!! Now I have to figure out how to get the other half out and replace them.

And then things got better! Let me quit lying no they didn't lol the bottom strut bolt on the rear passenger side is seized in there. Nut came off but the bolt is stuck smh.

Then the bolts that hold the speed sensor to the hub snapped off on both sides. Perfect way to start off my rear subframe removal.

So after all that bs I finally get it out.

If anybody can give me tips or advice on fixing my current problems it would be great so I can go buy what I need.

Also what's the best way to remove the links from the frame? That one long ass bolt won't budge I even used an impact wrench on it and nothing.

I also can't get the camber bolts out or just majority of the bolts period.

Comment

When I changed the links on my probe I bought another rear subframe from a scrap car. I then cut the hubs using an angle grinder to remove the bolts intact so I had a new set of bolts. I then milled out the exposed middle section of the long bolts in the good hubs and then using a carbide drill, drilled out the remainder. I was left with the good hubs and a good bolts I cut out of the scrap yard hubs. I used Megan racing trailing arms and lateral links with the bolts I cut out of the scrap yard subframe. I then used some adapters that slide over the lateral arms and some Audi A6 Front roll bar links to connect up the anti roll bar. It was a complete pain in the arse but worked out good in the end. There are a few pics on my Cardomain page below.

Comment

I'm next to clueless but the only thing is to blowtorch those things off or cut them and weld new bolts in . Don't trust me though hahah. Sorry about your situation though
                        Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by Stickyring View Post
                          When I changed the links on my probe I bought another rear subframe from a scrap car. I then cut the hubs using an angle grinder to remove the bolts intact so I had a new set of bolts. I then milled out the exposed middle section of the long bolts in the good hubs and then using a carbide drill, drilled out the remainder. I was left with the good hubs and a good bolts I cut out of the scrap yard hubs. I used Megan racing trailing arms and lateral links with the bolts I cut out of the scrap yard subframe. I then used some adapters that slide over the lateral arms and some Audi A6 Front roll bar links to connect up the anti roll bar. It was a complete pain in the arse but worked out good in the end. There are a few pics on my Cardomain page below.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3361300/1994-ford-probe/
                          OK so I need an angle grinder, carbide drill and where would I get new bolts just take the ones I cut off and show it to a hardware store? What is this adapter you speak of because I just bought the megan links kit.

Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
                          I'm next to clueless but the only thing is to blowtorch those things off or cut them and weld new bolts in . Don't trust me though hahah. Sorry about your situation though
                          Ima try something lol I was hoping it was a little easier than this but sigh oh well gotta fix it.

Comment

I cut the bolts out of an old subframe from a junk yard. I had no luck getting new bolts and I searched for months! I got the adaptors from http://king6fab.com they also do trailing arms etc.
                            They also sell the long bolts on that site now as well.

Comment

Damn! Wonder if the dealer would still carry them or check a hardware store. Thanks for the information.

Originally posted by Stickyring View Post
                              I cut the bolts out of an old subframe from a junk yard. I had no luck getting new bolts and I searched for months! I got the adaptors from http://king6fab.com they also do trailing arms etc.
                              They also sell the long bolts on that site now as well.
                              So I have yet to attempt to get the rest of the snapped bolts out :/. I'll try this weekend when I have more time from work.

Good news though, I just bought my awr 19mm sway bar kit, King6 sway bar adapters for my megan links and trailing arms and King6 hei mod harness so more goodies are on the way.

I also have majority of the rear end parts ready to be replaced. New brake pads, rotors, calipers, brake lines, ebrake cables, coilovers, trailing links, trailing arms, sway bar, adjustable end links and camber bolts!

Updated mods list.

Comment

my buddy snapped a subframe bolt on his speed6 a few months back. must be a mazda/ford thing lol

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                                Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Working...
                                X