Cold Turkey Rx7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Turkey Rx7

First off Ill apologize for shitty image sizing. things got all fucked up and Im lazy. But it will get better as i will stop taking the photos with a potato. also this thread is kind of all over the place at first cause i didn't really take pictures of anything like the coils like a dingus. Just be patient and I promise it'll get better.

Okay so on to the car. I had just sold my 93 325i to some kid who basically destroyed it and I wanted something new. I stay on craigslist all the time and saw that there was a 1987 na rx7 for sale for a good price. Contacted the guy and met up with him next day car was stupid clean (aside from dings and some shitty repainting job on driver quarter panel) and stupid stock. So bought it from him and drove it home.

Car came pre equipped with mismatched drift wheels Some aussie wheels called Roh and the rears were Weds Bavaria. Also not sure why the whole car isn't pictured.

Fell in love instantly, always wanted an fc and now i had a nice stock one with 89k miles. car was taken care of and the motor runs nice and smooth. So i drove it like that while deciding what I wanted to do with it. First thing was to get the cat cut out then I learned these cars have 3 cats so thats cool. As of now I'm straight piped with 2 baby cats still on.

Next was coils and wheels. my options I gave myself were megan coils/BC's/PBM's and so I chose the most expensive ones and went with PBM coils and bought some 17x9.5 +15 MB battles for now till I decided what wheels I wanted and figured the battles would be good drift spares i'm running accelera alpha rubber on them and highly recommend these tires. They stretch amazing and they're cheap. So got the coils and wheels on and it looks great right now. I have a lot of internal conflicts with myself whether I wanna go aero or stock body and I think I'm gonna go stock body for a while with exceptions like rear window visors and a lip and wing.

Heres a photo of my car after the wheels and coils were put on. He took this with his potato.

Ended up buying an NRG wheel and hub from a fellow friend who has an fc.

And thats where I'm at now pretty much. Threw some stickers from friends on for scene points. Have a full energy bushing kit in the mail as well as a real boy steering wheel cause not even big NRG fan. Heres some more photos

And heres some photos of my friends fc he just got done painting jet black with rainbow flake. Even though you can't tell from the photos.

Again sorry for crappy photo sizing. Will be sanding and painting as soon as the weather cools down a bit so stay tuned for that.
    Peep this yo
    IG: k_itsune & itsvirtue

Looks good! Are you going to keep it s4, go s4 10AV style, or s5?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Yesssss. In4Moar FC content. Really like the route your car is going. Stay stock body and go with some shakotan style shit and do like 16s with a meaty sidewall and good stretch. Jesus I need like 10 FC so I can build them all different

Comment

mmm. Dat rainbow flake. IN.

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          Looks good! Are you going to keep it s4, go s4 10AV style, or s5?
          Still deciding, At first I was like I NEED S5 TAILS but the s4 tails have grew on me. Im kind of just going with the flow. Ill probably go s5 front bumper, RE Amemiya type4 or foresight wing. Paint ill be going a couple shades darker than what I am now.

Originally posted by labuffness View Post
          Yesssss. In4Moar FC content. Really like the route your car is going. Stay stock body and go with some shakotan style shit and do like 16s with a meaty sidewall and good stretch. Jesus I need like 10 FC so I can build them all different
          YES, thats basically what I'm going to do If i can find some sick 16's that or go boss status and find 18's with 4-5 inch lips. I want your wheels. I know what how you feel. my buddies makes me want to do another one so I can go full aero, I want all the FC's.
          Peep this yo

Comment

Originally posted by Evan_Holtz View Post
            Still deciding, At first I was like I NEED S5 TAILS but the s4 tails have grew on me. Im kind of just going with the flow. Ill probably go s5 front bumper, RE Amemiya type4 or foresight wing. Paint ill be going a couple shades darker than what I am now.

YES, thats basically what I'm going to do If i can find some sick 16's that or go boss status and find 18's with 4-5 inch lips. I want your wheels. I know what how you feel. my buddies makes me want to do another one so I can go full aero, I want all the FC's.

omfg plz do. I will love you forever if you get some old starsharks or southern ways or ssr meshies. Plz. And hope you got money for that foreshight wing boi cause I've been tryna snatch one 4 awhile now.

Comment

nostalgia trip with the fc. Every thread with one in it makes me desperately want to have one in my garage again

Looks fantastic mate!!!
              Like a glove

Comment

Originally posted by labuffness View Post

omfg plz do. I will love you forever if you get some old starsharks or southern ways or ssr meshies. Plz. And hope you got money for that foreshight wing boi cause I've been tryna snatch one 4 awhile now.
                Bud, try RHDjapan. they have them but for about 650 shipped I believe and itll take a few weeks to get here since they come from our vehicles motherlands.

Originally posted by danielsahhhn View Post
                nostalgia trip with the fc. Every thread with one in it makes me desperately want to have one in my garage again

Looks fantastic mate!!!
                Get another one dude, they are the creme de le creme. Thanks dude!
                Peep this yo

Comment

furiously searching Craigslist for an rx7*
                  Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                  and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                  S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Evan_Holtz View Post
                    Because you're going to be painting the car, maybe you should have a S4av vibe going on and paint the tails the body color as well as cutting your front bumper in half and grafting on the lower RE amemiya bumper on. Just some food for thought. The Yen exchange rate is really low atm, so buying mad tyte jdm parts is really affordable now.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                      Because you're going to be painting the car, maybe you should have a S4av vibe going on and paint the tails the body color as well as cutting your front bumper in half and grafting on the lower RE amemiya bumper on. Just some food for thought. The Yen exchange rate is really low atm, so buying mad tyte jdm parts is really affordable now.
                      I will more than likely paint the tail light frames the same color as the car and I'm not a big fan of the big round holes on the amemiya bumper. But yes, the exchange rate is in my favor right now.
                      Peep this yo

Comment

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE I love all of this. As previously stated you definitely need some old school 16s BUT you should definitely get a 326 Power wing too

Comment

SMALL UPDATE

So I bought a full Energy Suspension Bushing kit from Enjuku cause all the bushings look worn as fuck. Banana for scale.

Also on an impulse I bought this real boy steering wheel and I'm glad I did. V happy to not be using the NRG one anymore. Now I've made it.

Peep this yo

Comment

love these rx7's

cant imagine running spacers that big. just makes me so uneasy
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop??

Comment

I need that steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
                              X