01 Lexus IS300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Lexus IS300

Well, I started another project! I bought this car from the auto auction a few months ago. It had some small damage, that took about 5 minutes to fix.

I had watched in for almost a month before deciding to sell my shitty Miata. It was the best choice I could have made!

This was my Miata!

And now, here is my Lexus!

Didn't even have it two weeks, and had already bought a set of CXracing coilovers! 12k springs front, 10k rear. If I'm honest, the fronts are way too soft, and I will be needing to get stiffer springs!

All is well, here is after the coilovers had been installed! It turned out pretty good!

I've been playing around with a few different sets of wheel sizes and specs. Not sure what size of wheels I want! It will definatly be either 18's or 19's.

19's

18's

Just the other day, some asshole decided to hit and run me... So I'm having to deal with that. Managed to pull the dent, but it'll need some touch up.

Here are some pictures of how I daily it.

And just so I can answer this now, because I know everyone will ask.

1. It's automatic.
    2. No I'm not swapping it to manual
    3. No it will not be turbo'd
    Originally posted by milano_red
    I haven't seen very many bagged accords. So my first assumption was static
    Instagram: Dsfaxon

Nice car bro. Looks good. What are your plans?

Comment

This one will probably just get wheels, lip kits, and that's about it. The other one I'm working on will be a lot more work.

It has Godspeed mono max coilovers. 18x9 wheels. Bn kit has been ordered. Also waiting on a turbo kit.

We are building that one for work, to eventually sell.

Comment

Looking good so far - How did you manage to get the door skin so straight after the hitnrun ?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
          Looking good so far - How did you manage to get the door skin so straight after the hitnrun ?
          I just used one of those suction cup dent pullers, and it popped out!

Comment

Originally posted by bacarfvn
            It has Godspeed mono max coilovers. 18x9 wheels. Bn kit has been ordered. Also waiting on a turbo kit.

??

Comment

Originally posted by Dsfaxon View Post
              ??
              You've been botted. Fukin auto bots....
              Good build btw
              conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

Originally posted by cruuz View Post
                You've been botted. Fukin auto bots....
                Good build btw
                Thanks!

The silver one has been making quite a bit of progress in the past few days as well.

When we got it, it had really bad front end damage, so we had to cut off the whole front, and replace it. Here are some pics.

And here it was, as of this morning! I spent all day working on it! Everything is wired, lined up, and ready to take back apart for paint!

Oh, and decided to slip in the LSD, for mad skids.

This is as far as I got.

I will be doing a little bit of work on my personal one this weekend. Swapping some hubs, putting back in stock wheels. And some other small stuff.

Here is how it sat today!

Comment

I love these cars so much, must be nice to have one to play with at work too. keeps your bank account happy rather than doing it all to your daily I'm sure haha
                  IG: Dimitriantoniou
                  1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                  1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
                    I love these cars so much, must be nice to have one to play with at work too. keeps your bank account happy rather than doing it all to your daily I'm sure haha
                    It's been pretty nice. Makes me feel like my daily will never get to this point though! We actually have 4 is300's total. My yellow one, the silver one and two parts cars! One is red, and the other is green. So it's kind of nice!

Comment

So, today I finished putting in the LSD on the silver one, and took most of the front end back off to get it ready to go to paint. Snapped a few pictures.

Also, started making a set of blast pipes for my yellow one.

As well as put my stock wheels back on... Found out two of my wheels were bent. :/

Comment

Well, today was fun. Ha.

Not...

Playing in the rain, and my harmonic balancer pulley decided to go out, and separate. Thanks god I have two spare motors. Took us welding a piece of metal to the fucking pulley to stop it from turning, so I could get the bolt out.

Got it all fixed though! Wish I would have had a timing belt kit, so I could have just done it while my car was torn apart this far!!

Comment

Finally drove this car!!!

Finished putting the front end on this car today. Got it sitting about where I want it.

Turbo kit should be here in a week or so.
                          Body kit will be here next week.
                          Paint soon.

👌👌

Comment

Not turboing the yellow one but the silver one right?
                            Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
                              Not turboing the yellow one but the silver one right?
                              Correct! The silver one has a lot less miles. (156000). The yellow one has 236000 miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X