No announcement yet.

Uk E36 Individual Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I've never seen a trailing arm snap like that. That's mad. I'm also thinking of replacing mine this winter, so seeing this definitely gives me the incentive!

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
      If you all park up together at Players Classic, many pictures shall be taken. I do hope this happens haha
      Lets make it happen lol

Originally posted by Louis_D View Post
      Wait, when did you install a four wheel steering system?? haha
      Hope you'll be able to fix this soon

I must also admit that i'm completely in love with that colour... and that steering wheel...

Keep up the good work, your car is looking good!
      Yeah like the old Honda accords haha.

Thanks dude, yeah the steering wheel makes a hell of a difference, freshens the whole car up!

Originally posted by Nixxon View Post
      So he hit you right in the wheel? What did his car look like? I once hit some guy (was his fault for cutting me off) in his wheel with my E36. I had to replace the front blinker, headlight, mask, have the bumper and the front right panel sorted. He had a scratch on his paint and a few scratches in the wheel. :S
      Was in my lane and going as the traffic light had gone green, as i've passed him the nutter has launched out his lane and whacked me straight into my wheel.
      He was in a 2011 shape Merc C class, he has a little chunk of this front wheel missing and was trying to tell me it was my fault. Penis.

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
      Wow, I've never seen a trailing arm snap like that. That's mad. I'm also thinking of replacing mine this winter, so seeing this definitely gives me the incentive!
      Was shocked when I saw the arm snapped more than anything. Guess they're not designed to take impact side ways Also bent my brand new Airlift shock and pissed all the fluid out.

How come you want to change yours?? Some of the bolts can be rusty as fuck! Especially the camber arm bolts that go to the lower hub bush. Notorious to seizing in the older bmws.

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
      Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

Update

Got the car back wednesday, as i went to collect it off my mechanic. He told me that the replacement subframe had a little issue, the passenger side wheel bearing was beyond fucked!! Luckily I had bought a spare trailing arm for the damaged side.
        Jacked the car back up and removed the duff trailing arm...

Old vs New (Both looking shit lol)

After all the crap of swapping the brake shoes and handbrake cable adjustment i managed to drive it home that night.

Have kind of lost the love for the car at the moment, can't seem to make ends meet with it, so have decided to put it away for a while and come back to it in the new year.
        In the garage she went...

Cheers

Comment

Pulled the Wagon out the garage the other week to attend the London stance meet at AceCafe

Few random shots of it too

Comment

Body all sorted?

Please tell me the engine isn't sold either!

Comment

Not yet, still need to get it on the jig and see how bad that side is out by.

Engine wise I don't want to sell it but really don't have the space to keep it anywhere until I can go ahead with the work and get it done the way I want it. So looks like selling it will be likely if there is a buyer.

Comment

Looking at the photos and I couldn't help but feel it looked a bit odd, then I realised there's no badge on the bonnet, ha ha. Looks great though, never seen an e36 touring in Atlantis before.
                Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                Internet high five for you.

Comment

Keep your head up! This is a pretty sweet build so far. You cant always get to the top without falling a few times

Comment

Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
                    Looking at the photos and I couldn't help but feel it looked a bit odd, then I realised there's no badge on the bonnet, ha ha. Looks great though, never seen an e36 touring in Atlantis before.
                    Haha Thanks man! a lot of people over see it and don't realise unless i point it out. Gives it a little bit meaner of a look.

Originally posted by SeanDizz View Post
                    Keep your head up! This is a pretty sweet build so far. You cant always get to the top without falling a few times
                    Thankyou man, means a lot! Yeah its been a roller coaster of a journey so far, every time I think about calling it a day with the car and selling up i slap myself and come back to my senses lol

Comment

This is smart cant wait to see what you do over winter and look forward to seeing you at shows next year, e36 estates one of my favourite bmw estates

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie_h View Post
                        This is smart cant wait to see what you do over winter and look forward to seeing you at shows next year, e36 estates one of my favourite bmw estates
                        Thanks man, Will keep the thread updated when the changes happen

Comment

Thought i'd give something a try this weekend. Added some day running lights in the indicators. Wasn't too sure it would well.

Got my self some bulb holders and amber led bulbs off ebay.
                          Drilled a small hole in the indicator for the bulb holder..

(Excuse the dirty as fuck indicator)
                          Wired it up from the sidelight feed that the CCFL's are hooked up to and this was the result.

During the day they don't stand out that much, but in the evening it looks pretty good. Thinking to get a different led bulb but not sure where i can get something decent from that has a few extra led's on the bulb for a bit more light?
                          Anyone have any suggestions where to get such thing??

Gave it a wash earlier on in the day while i was at work few a hours.

What ya'll think?
                          Vish
                          Last edited by AtlantisTouring; 10-25-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Pulled it out the garage a for spin the other night

Comment

Really nice man! The running light in the indicators are a very nice,subtle touch.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Thanks man, got a different set of bulbs now. They give a better glow, much happier with them now

Comment

Working...
                                X