Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vip style 2GS Build

Hey guys,

Been on these forums for quite a while now, but haven't really posted much. I've been working on my 2000 Lexus GS300 for the past 5 years and figured I'd share my build with you guys

03-15-10

Originally when I bought the car it came with these god awful fugly 20" wheels but the car itself was mint inside and out. There was no frame damage, all original welds, leather and interior was mint, compression test was straight across the board and all maintenance records. So my first instinct told me to get rid of the wheels, so I found a guy who was willing to trade them for stock 17" chrome 430 5 spokes. I didn't even care about the fact the 20's had brand new tires and the 17's were bald LOL. The only tasteful mod was the 01+ grille LOL

Here's a few new things I just had installed over the weekend...

Now I know we've all see JDM Toyota Crown blue wide angle mirrors before but these are wide angled and have a built in LED turn signal in the glass which is completely invisible when off.

I also picked up a set of new LED Mirrors covers with built in puddle light on the bottom. The sweet thing about these ones is that they replace the whole upper housing, its not like a cover that goes over the factory housing. They're made from ABS plastic so they're more durable than the fiberglass crap on eBay. I've been debating if I'm going to smoke the lens on the back side of the mirror. Maybe if I get the JDM black chrome headlights.

I also pick up a set of Grazio&Co. black chrome emblem set with black chrome trunk bar. To match the black chrome I also picked up a set of Insurance smoked LED taillights and topped it off with super bright white LED License plate lamps

I also have a few toys I haven't installed yet and still have a long line of products I plan to pick up for my baby but she's on her way. Stay tuned! :thumbup:

05-14-10

I just got my DF210's installed a couple days ago. I was really happy with the drop and comfortability. This is just to hold me until I get coilovers or air ride. I just bought my 20's and I sure as hell and not planning to roll on stock height. Here are some photos of the drop with the stock 17's.

EDIT:
    Just finished lacing up the new shoes. Got some TrafficStar RTM's (Maya RM1's) wrapped in Falken FK-452's. The specs are 20x8.5 +36 with 225/35ZR20 in the front and in the rear they are 20x10 +47 with 255/30ZR20. But they are a real b!+ch to clean. Not sure if I really like 'em though, I may just sell 'em LOL We'll see

07-06-10

I just my Garson order in from Japan. I picked up the glitter mirror, mink chain, velvet curtains, glitter shift knob, Vega cushions and Monogram seats with matching neckpads. I also got the Grazio&Co. 01+ wood steering wheel and 01+ shifter bezel. But currently debating if I should go with the JDM Black wood to have it all blacked out.

PS: If anyone see's Garson or JP stuff on eBay that **** is FAKE! Sellers are passing it off as real. Support authenticity, real recognize real!
    If anyone here has bought JP or Garson items from JunctionVIP, Berlinas2k2, gentek, S2CarbonWorks (All same user). You have been RIPPED OFF!!!

I'm just waiting on my TrafficStar RTS rims. After that will be coilovers or bags, still undecided yet.

Pardon the ****ty quality photos

07-30-10

I just installed the JDM black wood interior pieces and purchased some extra DAD monogram fabric to match my seats. I ended up selling my Grazio Brown wood steering wheel and get a black wood one instead to match and same for the Garson shift knob. I'm not sure if I'm sold on the JDM black wood. I mean it looks OK but not sure if I like it though (maybe too much black) and not crazy about the fitment issue with the center console area.

I also just installed my 20" Maya RT5 wheels but rubbing like crazy in the rear. Definitely need to roll that **** out. I'll get pics of that soon

07-31-10

The front is 20x9 +30 with 225/35ZR20 and in the rear I'm running 20x10.5 +29 with 255/30ZR20. I just need to roll or cut the rear and I'm fine. My front are rolled already. Currently on -3 degrees of camber in the rear. and its nice and flush where I want it but I cant drop it any more until I either shave or roll the rear. I'm chewing the sidewalls enough as is Bringing it in the body shop hopefully this week

1-21-11

I still have not got around to installing my air ride or my wheels yet as my baby is still in storage for the winter so I decided to take on a new little project.

I don't know if anyone here has heard of Hasepro Magical Carbon (Yes with a name like that its gotta be JDM LOL) Basically it a its a REAL Carbon sheet with a heavy duty adhesive attached to the back side. I saw these in the just recent Tokyo Auto Salon and was really impressed with the quality

It wasn't too long ago that I installed my JDM black wood interior, dont get me wrong I like it but I really wanted to step our of the shadows as everything was completely blacked out in my interior. After driving a few euro cars at my work and noticed how nice the silver carbon was so I decided to give this "Magical Carbon" a shot, and man am I happy with the results. I'm used to applying vinyl to previous projects but man this was really hard to mold and stretch and turns rock hard once cooled down. But all in all I'm happy with the outcome. I also picked up a silver carbon 01+ steering wheel which I'll be installing shortly. I'll make sUre to snap some pics

PS: I'll be posting up all my black wood interior parts for sale including the black wood steering wheel (NO AIRBAG!) once my new one is installed. PM me if you are interested

2-18-11

I finally got around to installing the silver carbon steering wheel and my old blackwood steering wheel is up for grabs
    2Gen GS430 / 400/ 300 Classifieds (98-05) - FS: JDM Blackwood interior w/ steering wheel - I've recently upgraded my wood interior to Carbon Fiber so I've decided to sell my JDM Blackwood interior. Everything is in mint condition. The shift knob shows a bit of wear but nothing major. As some of you already know, since...

Last edited by YaKuZa_GS; 09-05-2015, 11:52 AM.

4-11-11

Here's just a few progress sneak preview pics. I just got the car our of storage and brought it to my buddy's shop to get the air ride in stalled. We're about half way done and should be done in the next day or so.

Here is a photo of full down. Well not really we lowered the hoist as far as it will go and its still sittin on it LOL

4-11-11

Did as quick test fit of my new wheels in the rear and holy jeebus is it close!

side profile shot

4-15-11

Finally completed installing the Air Force air suspension universal kit. I'm pretty happy with the ride height, comfort and overall outcome. I installed the Dakota Digital pressure and height controller along with 8 solenoid valves for full customization, its not too pretty right now (which is why no photos of the trunk setup) but I might just opt for the Accuair VU4 Selenoid box for a cleaner install. This thing is great!! It displays the pressure on each bag as well as the air tank and holds up to 3 height presets (Low/Med/High). It can also control each individual air bag, or both front or rear at the same time or all four all at once. Now I can't wait till the rubber for my rims to come in. I'll be going for a photoshoot as soon as they come in

I had the toughest time trying to find a slow air leak I had in my front right. It would completely deflate after 2 hours. I sprayed down the bag and the connection with soapy water and nothing. then posed the trunk and sprayed the solenoid valves and still nothing. When I finally found the leak, it was leaking right where the connects to the valve. At first I thought it was the valve, but after changing it at it was still leaking in the same spot after changing 3 valves. It turns out the short air line that was connected was not the same make as the rest of the lines. The defective one was really hard on the inside where as the rest was were a little softer making a better seal. So after changing the line I let the car sit for 12 hours and was still sitting at the same PSI. Hooray!! Who would have thought.

4-28-11

My tires finally came in today. Slapped 'em on the rims and I can honestly say I was pretty satisfied with the outcome. I ended up going with Hankook Ventus V12's. I'm running a 225/35 on a 9" up front and 255/30 on the 11's in the rear. It was the perfect amount of stretch I needed for clearance. It looks really sunk in the front right now but thats with the air fully delated in the front. When I raise it back up the camber is not as negative so it kinda balances back out. I think I still might go with a 10 or 15mm spacer up front. We'll see.

Comment

5-06-11

Its been just over a year now since I bought my car and not long after I bought a Garson table telling myself I'm going to make it into LHD one of these days. Well after one year, that day has finally come LOL. It's been sitting in a box in my garage all this time and I just kinda forgot out about it LOL. It was really just a matter of taking it apart and tracing it backwards.
      I know JP already makes tables for LHD already but personally I like the shape and detail of the Garson one better. Hopefully mine will be up to par with my standards when I'm done with it Don't ask me if I'll be making more because the answer is NO :p

Big thanks to Mike at Dose for helping me with this project.

Now its obviously not complete yet but its not too far away. Here are a few pics of the progress so far. Sorry about the poor quality pics

7-12-11

Just recently went for a photo shoot. Spent the weekend driving around town trying to find more remote areas to snap a few shots. Enjoy!

Comment

8-03-11

Just posting up some more recent photos of the interior

9-15-11

Just did a photo shoot with a friend I recently got in contact with. Enjoy! (Desktop sizes available upon request)

Next I'll be installing my JP grille, puddle lights, illuminated door sills, LS brakes and RCA's. Gotta get 'em in and do a shoot before I storage it for winter.

EDIT: For those who want desktop sizes leave your email and which # you want in this thread. DO NOT PM! my mail box is getting packed

Thanks again Kevin Uy (aka moky)

1-30-12

Well its been a while now since I last updated you guys on any recent progress. My car has been in hibernation for the winter. I don't know about you guys but every time I put my car away I get as giddy as a schoolgirl when it comes time to take her out again. Anytime put my car into storage, I want it to feel like a new experience when I take it out. So what do you do when you can't drive your car? You buy s#!t for it LOL!!!

As some of you guys know I recently had my brakes disassembled to have them powder coated. (photos here)I finally had time to get the rebuild kits and slap them back together. I also picked up a pair of CNC'ed caliper emblems and had them polished to give it that final touch. I haven't decided if I'll put the "L" logo on the rears or not yet. All in all I think they turned out pretty good.

While I was at it I figured I would get a set of SS brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors, pads and FIGS 17mm RCAs for clearance. I also got the uber rare illuminated door sills (don't even ask :p)

I also picked up and just finished installing a set of Monarch puddle lights

Many have asked me "why I've never changed out my stereo?". I actually had no excuse for this LOL. Even when I bought the car, only half of the LCD from the radio worked LOL. I couldn't even see what station I was on or volume. Every time I had to disconnect the battery to work on something it took me like 30mins to preset all my stations haha. Anyways, so I had enough and finally coughed up for a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT w/OEM Toyota 2DIN kit and also picked up a 09+ Camry backup camera and Compustar alarm. I was always on the fence about whether or not to get windows visors or not. It's not like I ***** them, but I wasn;t in love with them either, but oh well I figured I'd give 'em a try. And if I don't like them I'm sure you guys would be all over them like white on rice LOL.

And now saving the best for last. The granddaddy of all 2GS grilles. After many weeks of waiting my Junction Produce grille finally arrives. I damn near blew my load when I opened the box.

The weather is finally starting to clear up a little in my area, so I'll be able to finally taker her our of hibernation. I'll post up some pics once the parts are installed.

Originally posted by gs400rpg
        I currious as I'm looking at the Air Force air suspension as well but not sure how you did yours. I thought the universal kit couldn't do FBSS and individual? On their web site seems I needed the super pro kit for the 8 valves to do that? The website dosn't seem very clear to me.

Do you have more pics of the bag install?

How hard is installing the dakota digital to work with just the universal kit?

If you would do it over again what exactly would you do?

We can PM if you prefer, thanks again!
        In a way you're right. The universal kit alone will not let you got FBSS or individual but thats where the Dakota controller and the 8 valves come in. The Dakota system was pretty easy to install. It's really just a matter or connecting the brain to the vales and setting up the heights with the controller. Its actually the exact same as it would have been if I bought the Super Performance kit but the SP kit sends a wireless signal to the key fob.. which Dakota also has as an add-on

4-03-12

Thanks for all the comments guys. I still think I have a long way to go before its complete but one step at a time

Yesterday on my day off, I got around to installing my new calipers, rotors and lines. I got lazy half way and only did the fronts. I'll have the rears done most like sometime over the upcoming long weekend. Here's a few photos for you fiends. You can see from the third photo the caliper cleared the spoke by only about 5mm. I guess I lucked out on that one

9-17-12

Here's a few teaser sneak peeks at the new shoes. ****** gon' ****!

Equal lip size front and rear oughta do the trick. Just gonna pull the rear just SLIGHTLY so I can still fully deflate the rear bags.

9-23-12

I dropped by the bodyshop yesterday to see progess on the body.

Before the rears were just rolled, but it was too thick still to get the ideal fitment. So I ended up cutting the lip off completely and pulled the rear quarters juuuuust enough to clear the wheel so I can fully deflate the air bags and rewelded the double wall back together.

Custom mounted fogs for the new bumper. So excited I get the car back on Wednesday

Comment

10-02-12

Alright enough of the teasers. For those of you who have been following and subscribed to my old build thread, you'll be happy to know I just got the car out of the workshop. After a little bit of blood sweat and tears here's the beginning of what is just scratching the surface of the new chapter. I have a whole lot of new things in the process for the new year as it will be going into storage for the winter. I'll be doing a photo/video shoots in the next week or so, so stay tuned for that

I wanna give a big thanks to Fusion Auto for custom fabricating the front bumper and pulling and shaping the quarter panels and retrofitting the crazy bright 6000k LED rings into the fogs.

I also changed the taillights from the Insurance taillights as they are becoming a little too common to the Braga Type-3's

The shoes have been changed to Trafficstar STR. Still the same widths as my previous setup but more aggressive offsets

Its a little hard to see from this angle but the rear quarter panels have been pulled. I truly love the stock lines of the original body, but with the new shoes there was no way to avoid pulling. Personally the thought of flared/rolled out fenders makes me cringe. So I thought to myself how do I make a pull not look like a pull. So after a hard look at the front fenders I noticed they're not as flat as the rears. So I had them pulled shaped so they replicate the same curves as the front fenders. I really think This is how it should have come from the factory. Currently there's about 3mm clearance from the fender to the rim

10-03-12

Here's a quick photo of me and mrkenji this past weekend at inMotion Fitment vs. Function Car Show hosted by NWMotiv.
          Big thanks to Armin Ausejo Photography for the dope photos!

10-15-12

So a year later I finally got around to wiring up the table to get the LED mirror tunnel effect going. I tapped it to the light in the glove box so it automatically goes with my low beams. At first I thought it was going to effect my vision driving by reflecting off the windshield or passenger window when I'm driving. But turns out I cant see it at all while driving so it worked out perfectly.

11-01-12

Just got my first feature, courtesy of artofstance and DODOlogic

GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) - Just got my first feature - Went on a photoshoot with Bill Kwok of artofstance (http://www.artofstance.com/) and Devan Francis of DODOlogic (http://www.dodologic.ca). This was the last time I took the car out before putting it into storage for the winter. I got a few things in the works...

4-01-13

Alright guys, its been a while since I've done any updates since I storage my car for the winter season. And as per every winter I always like to get a few goodies during the downtime (makes it feel like a new experience each time I take it back out

So I've never really showcased my trunk as there was nothing really to show off besides a fat back tank with some messy brass plumbing. So I switched from a 5gal fat black tank to a long skinny chrome 5gal. I also switched my brass plumbing to a Accuair VU4 as its way more compact and cleaner.

When I took my car out of storage I came a across a small little issue. My compressors couldn't pump air into my tank. It was either a leak somewhere between the compressor and or the motor was shot. I could hear the motor running but even after waiting 10 mins it wouldn't raise the pressure by even 1 PSI. Turns out the check valves were f****d. So I ended up upgrading my old Viair 450C to the 444C with some SMC check valves.

Since I'm already dressing up the trunk a bit, I figured I might as well step it up a notch. Ever since I upgraded my head unit to the AVIC-X930BT I've been without the factory sub. And I don't have to explain how much that sucked! My buddy over at Dose Audio helped install a custom trunk enclosure for me. It looks rough right now but far from finished! Just wait

Also working on a concept for custom illuminated door sills. This is just a prototype, but will be pretty similar when complete.

I've also sent out my carbon panels to have redone by FX Auto. I wasn't happy with what my local guy who originally did them. But I heard good things with FX so I gave them a shot. So far the center console and ashtray are done. Just waiting on my door panels. So far looking good.

04-05-13

Thanks guys. I think I'm almost done with the build. There's a few things here and there I wanna get. But hopefully This year it will be finally complete.

Recently went on a shoot this past weekend for NWMotiv with Josh Mackey. Here's a couple shots for the up coming feature.

4-08-13

So trunk setup is just about done. There's a few things here and there I wanna change up. But here is how its looking so far.

But when the lights do down and the volume goes up ::rockon::cylon::dance2::wiggle::dance::agreed:

5-12-13

So just a few little updates to the interior for you guys.

If you've been following my old thread I originally had all my wood panels wrapped with Hasepro dry silver carbon. Although I liked it I wanted to give it a little more pop, so I had it redone in the traditional wet carbon look so it has that gloss shine. I sent them to a local guy who works with fiberglass and carbon composites. He told me it's his first time working with silver carbon (which is thicker than traditional black carbon making it a little harder to conform to certain shapes), but was assured it would be a top notch job. I was told for custom jobs like this they need to be paid in advance which I obliged (BIG MISTAKE!). When I got the parts back not only was the work really sloppy, it wasn't even vacuum sealed (which is a must otherwise you get air bubbles or separation down the line.)

For those who are curious on how the process is done....Once you have the parts wrapped you need to layer the resin, sand to a smooth surface and repeat until you feel the resin is thick enough then apply cleat coat, wet sand and polish to a smooth shine. Well in my case the guy who was doing the sanding, sanded right through the carbon so there was patches of carbon missing in some areas. Not only that, when he dremeled out the holes for the buttons on the center console it was sloppy and uneven. With only a couples days of owning them air bubbles were popping up everywhere on the center console. It was truly a nightmare. I would have rather stuck with the original dry carbon look.

Here's some photos of the terrible craftsmanship.

Anyways I b***hed and complained to these ass clowns and they said they can have the parts redone but I can already tell they could never achieve the quality I'm looking for. I had to take my loses and move on.

So after doing some research and reading the boards trying to source other shops to do a proper job. I came across FX Auto Design which seemed to have some good reviews on here. After sending the photos to Chris, he was confident he can salvage the parts instead of sending him whole new set which I had lying around. I was told the parts are sent off you their factory in Asia and takes about 2-3 weeks to get back. It turns out they had to send it back again because the weave angle was different from how I described I wanted it to be, so it was a little longer to get back than anticipated, but well worth it. Chris explained due to some of the shapes and that the thickness of the silver carbon was harder to work with. They were very professional and lots of communication back and forth to ensure everything was correct. I was surprised and pleased with their service.

These are how they turned out.

This was the original weave angle they got back. But I specifically requested to have the weave angle the same as the end. It was most likely just a small miscommunication. But it was all good as they got it all corrected in the next photo.

These are the corrected pieces. Call me OCD but its the small attention to details that can really make things stand out.

Now since half of my center console was gone I would dress up the rest of it just a little. I was trying to think of other ways to update the look of the dash. I've always been a fan of the Sport Design silver panels, so I gave it some thought and decided to step it up a notch. I picked up 2 yards pf brushed titanium vinyl and wrapped the A/C unit, 2DIN head unit frame and shifter/cupholder area.

3 things you definitely need. An X-Acto knife, a steady hand and a lot of patience. One little screw up and its back from scratch.

And VOILA!

BEFORE

AFTER

Comment

8-16-13

I just wanted to share a little update. I was getting bored, so I decided to step up my table game. Added the 2-Way crystal table rings, coasters and light kit.

9-17-13

Just a little update on the trunk. I had the side panels re-trimmed so the holes for the subs were smaller. I wasn;t happy with how large they were before. I also added some plexi rings made to go around the subs and had it etched so it really pops when the LED hits it.

11-07-13

One last cruise before she goes to hibernation for he winter. Got big plans for winter season...Stay tuned

Big thanks to DF Films & DODOLogic for taking the time to do this shoot
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIeRB0Zm6o"]Lexus GS VIP x Team Empire - YouTube[/ame]

4-03-14

So I just got my first five minutes of fame in this upcoming issue of Import Tuner. If you guys have been following this thread, you'll probably notice the pics are from a little while back. I still have yet to get my hands on a copy. I hit up every newsstand in my neighborhood but no luck yet. All my buddies are like "hey congrats on the feature" and all I can think is why does everybody have a copy except me :egads:

Full online feature

Full Gallery

6-08-14

Alright alright alright. I've kept you guys in the dark for long enough (maybe even long enough you forgot about me HAH!). I've been a hella busy **** these past few months getting ready for show season again.

At the beginning of this year I started collecting for some new parts for heart transplant I had in store for my baby.

First things first was getting the new heart. I decided to go with the Aristo VVT-i. Got a pretty decent deal on a full swap kit, although I wish I knew there were a few pieces missing (driveshaft, downpipe, MAF sensor, TRC ECU, intercooler) but no big deal that couldn't be fixed.

I bought a second set of the OE piping to get all polished up to make 'er nice 'n purdy. After hour and hours and hours of sanding and polishing (I kid you not, I was sweating more than a hooker in church). But the end result... shiiiiiiiiiet

Since my swap kit didn't come with a intercooler, I decided to pick up a GReddy Type-LS. Being that I'll be running the stock twins, I didn't feel the need tp go with Spec-V or R

I also fount a pretty good deal on a used ARC intake. When I got it, it was the standard blushed aluminum but was pretty pitted. So I decided to break out the elbow grease and sand and polish the b**** out. I couldn't get all the pits out but got it definitely more presentable than when i first got it. Once that was all done I just bought new filters for it.

I had the intake manifold removed to get it power coated matte black. I was gonna polish it too, but being as coarse as it isand its size I knew it was going to take forever sanding so I took the easy way out LOL. But love how it turned out.

This is how it looked as of February of this year. Bone stock as the day it drove off the showroom floor. She was good to me, but I had to dump her for her twin sister.

Down to business. Old with the old and in with the equally old but new to me

I figured this was going to be the best time to get the timing belt and serpentine belt. I figured I would change the pulleys and cam gear at the same time. I went with Gates Racing for both belts. As for the cam gears and pulleys, I should have chose more wisely and went with a more reputable brand. (Which I later did, as I found out these were not precise.

Now comes the cooling. Sure I coooould have stayed with the stock radiator but I only plan to take it out once I went with a Koyo designed for the IS300. I didn't wanna go Mishimoto as I've heard not so great things about them. I know a lot of members go for the Supra one, but by going with the IS300 model I can use the stock electric fans and has the coolant reservoir built in. I just had to change to a IS300 fan shroud. The fans itself the GS and IS share the same part number so they fit direct with the shroud making it a clean install. I didn't was switch to a belt or buy an after market electric ones as the OE are pretty good. There was only minimal modifications need to make it fit. For one, the posts at the bottom needed to be moved. And second the radiator is about 1" shorter so the stock top rad brackets didn't acutally contact the radiator to hold it in place so I had to have a couple fab'd up and custom aluminum rad pipe.

Since the radiator is designed for the MT IS I picked up a Earl's 13 row oil cooler to use as a tranny cooler. I mad the mistake of getting one with a AN -10 fitting with stainless lines. I found out later the -10 lines are too thick and the the pressure is not strong enough to push through so I had to downsize. I had the -10 ends chopped off and threaded in smaller fittings. I also installed a 10 row oil cooler but the sandwich that came with wasn't a thermostatic one so now my oil is running too cold. Currently waiting on a Mocal thermo sandwich. Its too bad the new intercooler prevents putting back the front rebar

While the motor was being swapped I sent out the plug, ecu, fuse and relay covers as well as the JDM Aristo strut tower bar out to get painted metallic red

I had to get my original driveshaft cut and welded and balanced to fit the Aristo transmission. I also had a custom 3" downpipe made since my swap kit didn't come with one.

Call me crazy but once I installed the covers I wasn't really digging the look. But I stuck with it until my new cam gear and pulleys came in. Turns out I needed to replace my crank pulley too. F***in 2JZ crank pulley doesn't come cheap! :cry:

I ended up installing Tomei cam gears, Poncams, GReddy pulleys, HKS SSQV, EVC, SLD and FCD and harmonic balancer. During the instalI had the covers are repainted to a true candy apple red, which I think is the true look I was going to initially. I fell in love with the finish instantly and loved how it shines under sunlight.

We'll get to the finished product soon LOL

6-08-14

Now that the heart transplant was a success I figured I would go for some eye surgery :woohoo:

I picked up the LuxuryMods Q45 brackets (I know, I know, its been done a million times before, but I still love how they look But I'm gonna put a slight twist on it and best believe I'll be the first here to do it : . BTW the LuxuryMods DIY sucks ass. They left out the hardest part which is where to trim the housing to make he Q45 projector fit.
            Since the brackets aren't stainless steel I had then painted to prevent them from rusting (there was already surface rust when I got them in the mail).

I was experimenting with these LED tubes that work as a switch back for amber too like the new Audis. Since they wrap around the sides I thought it would be great as a turn signal. My only problem was that the LED strip comes in a thick white silicone tube which helps diffuse the light evenly but because its thick its not as bright as I would want it to be. In the photo below they look really bright, but not so much in person.

I ended up taking the LED strip out of the white silicone tube and pulled it through a clear one. Unfortunately you can now see the individual LEDs but the light output was now close to double maybe triple which is what I really wanted. I also had the housing painted black chrome to match the smoked side markers and all the black chrome emblems and trunk garnish.

AND NOW FOR WHAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!

Comment

6-09-14

I KNOW! I KNOW!! What you're thinking was the first thing I was thinking when I saw it all lit up. The colors don't match. So I have new halos on the way for the fogs.

I went with the black chrome because of the emblems and trunk trim on my car. I was trying to find the JDM Vertex Edition lights as they are OEM black chrome, but not easy to come by or condition. As for the comment, its all good dude. I actually love to hear constructive criticism. The thing I **** about the eBay lights aside from being ugly (just my opinion) is that they are CCFL halos which are extremely outdated. I like the halos in my fogs but would never install into my headlights. I try to find designs and inspiration wherever I can find it, even if its not car related. I originally got the dual strip idea from the new Mercedes E-Class.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to run the strips upwards like the E-Class or along the bottom. But I came to the conclusion that it looks cleaner along the bottom and since the wrap around the sides they would also function well as a turn signal. So that's how that all came into play.

As for all you modders out there. Inspiration is all around you. If you got a dream, chase it. We all gotta start somewhere. All you need is a vision and a push in the right direction. Never take criticism too seriously. Learn from your mistakes, have fun and keep the dream alive. :thumbup:

Comment

6-19-14

I also just finished installing IS350 paddle shifter to my steering wheel. My GS originally doesn't have e-shift but later found out ALL GS/Aristo ECUs support the e-shift option. But you'll need a few things. First you'll need the clock spring from a model with e-shift (got mine from empera). 2nd you need the paddle shifter from the IS350 and plugs (Thanks mikellucci for the hook up!). I was going to get them from the IS-F but I wasn't feeling the blue +/- . 3rd you will need to make your brackets to make them mount the the steering wheel.

I made my brackets with a 1" wide strip of 1/8" thick aluminum. It's not really that difficult but does take a bit of time. I did all the work myself at my buddy's shop as he has access to way more tools than I do. Once you cut the strip to the appropriate length, I put it in a vice about half way and hammered it about 45 degrees. Put one if the sides up to the mounting holes of the paddles on to the plate of the aluminum and find where you need to drill to join the bracket and paddles. Once you have the holes drilled, bolt the paddles onto the bracket and place it up against the steering wheel (steering wheel already removed and disassembled) to make sure you have the right angle and where you will be drilling the other side of the aluminum and where on the steering wheel you will be drilling. Throw the bracket back into the vice to drill the 2 new holes to mate the bracket and steering wheel. Bring it back to the steering wheel and mark the steering wheel frame where it needs drilling. Now this part is a little tricky. The metal on the steering wheel is a quite thick. I wouldn't advise putting a long bolt through and putting a nut on the end as its very tight behind the airbag. So what I did was drilled my 2 holes each side all the way through and used a thread tap so that the bolt would thread right into the steering wheel itself without passing through the other end. So now you should be able to bolt the paddles and brackets on finally. The only thing left to do before putting the steering wheel back together is to trim the back cover to make it fit over brackets. Once the back cover is trimmed you can finally put the steering wheel back together and on the car. If your vehicle is already equipped with e-shift then its just a matter of tapping the paddle lines to the original e-shift lines and you're done. If you're converting your car to e-shift like I did, you just need to replace the clock spring with the 6pin version and plug the shifters to the 2 unused pins. From the other side of the clock spring run the wiring through the firewall to the shift up/down pins in the ECU and you're done.

This is probably a lot to take in and hard to picture. I'll see what I can do about taking photos and showing a step by step.
                BIG THANKS to PMP 300 for inspiring and helping me through this mod!
                GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) - Na to TT in 2 days. - Started friday night was driving the TT sunday night.

Here's pics of the final product! I'm really glad I got them positioned perfectly between the wheel on combo switches. If it was any further back it would be too close to the switches and any closer i wouldn't be able to run hand between. So all in all I'm really happy with the outcome

6-25-14

I just finished installing the JDM chrome door handles and my team pinstripe. The fronts were a breeze but the rear is a ****ing b**** to get the actuator out. I'm still on the fence about the handles. I'm not sure if its too much chrome. I might just have the outer painted black and keep just the handle chrome. Any thoughts or comments?

12-31-14

Here's couple desktop size rig shots I took this past summer. Llast photos I took before putting her to sleep for the winter. Get ready for 3.0 coming soon

Comment

4-01-15

Sent out my fog lights overseas to get full chasing LEDs :2:

5-13-15

Hmmmm..... What's going on here?

5-18-15

I ended up stripping it and sanding it right down to the bare steel. Thank God for no rock chips or dings, otherwise this idea would not be possible.

From here, I let the artistic juices flow and bring my vision to life to bring you guys something completely fresh

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

After repainting the center and adding the clear coat, my dream was finally a reality :woohoo: I added a little bit of black paint to the clear coat, to give it a little more smoked look.

Some people will like it and some will **** it. But that's the fun part about a true BUILD. Innovate, create and bringing your concept to life. :thumbup:

Forgive the dark photo. I picked up the car this past Saturday at 9pm from the body shop to bring it down to the Hot Import Daze in Monroe, WA the next day. In the sun it really shines. I'll try to snap some today

Oh right...... and also I got a Mode Parfume Phantom full body kit and exhaust :

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Last edited by YaKuZa_GS; 09-05-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

5-19-15

I thought about going that route too, but instead having it straight brushed. But then thought to myself it may look too Rolls Royce like. Plus I thought the brushed gives it a little more custom touch (like you can tell its done by hand) and the way it shines gives it a little more definition. I had to have the exhaust opening widened to accommodate the quads. Absolutely LOVE the end result.

Comment

A lot of work and attention to detail. Looking good.
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

Just installed my front NRCAs to get from front camber to match my rear. Feel free to follow me on IG @J_WALLACE

Last edited by YaKuZa_GS; 09-05-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Currently getting custom metal fenders fabbed up by BabyBearGangsters out in Thailand.

I designed the fenders myself about a year or two ago. I printed out a couple side shots of a GS and just starting messing around sketching up a bunch of ideas. I eventually settled on this one

Sent the pics our to the guys at BBG in Thailand and decided to make my vision a reality

But it doesn't stop here. To be continued .....

Comment

I love this build so much. I wish I had the money and skills to do something like this

Comment

Love the hood, that is such a nice look

Comment

Working...
                              X