No announcement yet.

"Lil Blue" DA9 Integra GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is looking really good man, I love those Enkei Compes.
    My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

car looks awesome man!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
      Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Hey off topic but who do you work for? I'm in aviation too.
        2016 WRX
        E39s are forever in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by extra_slick View Post
          Hey off topic but who do you work for? I'm in aviation too.
          I work for one of the large carriers in Canada as an AME apprentice for now. Hopefully I'll be licensed by the summer and making some better money.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Not much of an update just mostly driving it alot and turning fuel into noise. I have an HIC rear visor en route because I have wanted one for a long time but just never pulled the trigger.

Also I found out K&N still make a drop in filter for these cars (P/N: 33-2028 for anyone interested) but it was brought in under a special order so who knows...
            Out with the old and in with the new.

And finally my girlfriend got me these awesome key chains which I think I may paint in each cars body colour.

Comment

So a little update is in order. Work has been ridiculously busy with the Fort Mac evacuation and planes coming and going at all sorts of silly hours. This meant that I got to see well into the sunrise every morning of the shift which actually works well for pictures this time of year.

Then this past weekend I made the annual trip down to Calgary for the Driven car show. It was so much better this year without 2 dj's trying to one up each other and I didn't experience any hearing loss this time haha. The turn out and quality was great to see.

While I was down there I also found out that record companies are making cassettes again so I had to pick one up for the GS-R because 90's reasons. It also helps that I like Dance Gavin Dance so really it was a win win.

And a stereotypical gas station picture after a 3 hour drive plus driving around in Calgary for the weekend.

Also the HIC rear visor has finally shipped and I have pulled the trigger on a new set of tires. I went with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 in 205/45/R16 and hopefully they stretch onto the 8 inch wide wheel. I guess I will wait and see once they get here.
              Last edited by DeltaAlpha9; 05-10-2016, 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

wish i could of said hey at driven!
                Canadian eh,

Comment

Didn't know cassettes were coming back, time to bust out my walkman and the collection I've been storing since I was a kid hahahah.

Car still looks 10/10.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Well the new tires came in and apparently it was just in time. The left rear was starting to get to a scary level on the inside shoulder. Glad I did this before going out to Golden this summer which is a 5.5 hour trip one way.

So I loaded up the wheels and tires in the back of the trusty old GS-R. Gotta love the practicality of a hatch.

Went and talked Hondas while the guy mounted the tires in his garage and went on my way home. I also picked up my rear visor because it showed up around the same time. The stretch is very minimal and these tires run wider than the old Achilles did. Luckily there was enough room with the alignment that they still fit without any rubbing issues. The new rubber will take some getting used to because it feels like a hell of a lot of sidewall flex which doesn't really make sense. They're a 45 series tire and I have 36 psi in them but they still feel very squishy on quick back to back turns.

And mounted up after a quick wash to knock the dust off.

Then I got home and got to work on the the new visor. Sadly the 780tuners sticker had to go. I'll have to find another one soon to rep the site that really got me going with modifying cars.

All clean now.

And finally the HIC rear window visor on. It's convenient that the rear washer nozzle is useless so I'm not losing any functionality with it being blocked.

Side profile.

I think next on the list will be to get rid of the rear wiper and possibly tint. I have a hard time with tint because I kind of like the fish bowl and don't feel like getting tickets for front window tint and think just doing the rear windows makes it look half done.
                    Last edited by DeltaAlpha9; 05-20-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Love your G2s!

- Renato
                      TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I guess a little update is in order, nothing really big has happened but I did make a drive out to the mountains and I found some goodies for a steal of a price.

So at the beginning of June me and the girlfriend headed out to Golden BC for one of my friends weddings. We went to SAIT together and it turns out there was a whole pile of engineers at the wedding, but we were the only 2 without fancy pinky rings haha. As always I had to stop at Abraham Lake to grab a picture.

Their wedding was one of the best I have ever been to and it had fantastic back drops

Then the next day we got to enjoy the perks of being friends with someone who is an AME for a large helicopter company. We took a short flight up to a lake nestled between mountain peaks and then hiked out later that day. There was still a good amount of snow up there and I forgot how easily I get sunburnt when there is snow on the ground and the sun is bouncing off it. For anyone interested in the helicopter it was a Bell 407

Then because we were in Golden, we had to go up to my favourite place to go snowboarding. It's almost weird seeing a place I had only been to when there is a couple feet of snow on the ground and seeing it with green grass and clear roads. I'll definitely be making it out to Kicking Horse again next March. The car was filthy after driving around all weekend on back roads and a few rain showers but such is life.

Now on to the part that I'm rather excited about. I was bored at work one night and surfing around Kijiji like I regularly do and stumbled upon someone selling a set of JDM one piece headlights. The seller wasn't very talkative so I figured I'd go take a look on my next day off. I show up to take a look at them only to find out they're in 9/10 condition with only a couple scratches on one corner of the R/H light. Also a bonus was they came with Stanley bulbs and the fog lights also worked. It's common for the foglight grounds to corrode and no longer work so again a big plus. The best part is that I was able to pick them up for $180 CAD which is only $20 more than I sold my old not so great set for.

I'll throw a picture up when I get the passenger side wired up and the front bumper back on. I think up next is a set of side marker lights for the fenders and hopefully tint before the summer is over.

Comment

Makes me want to sell my CD5 and get a DA This thing is absolutely amazing! So much win
                          Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
                            Makes me want to sell my CD5 and get a DA This thing is absolutely amazing! So much win
                            Haha thank you.

Well I finished them off and they're in and fully working. Only issue is the fog lights put out a greenish light which I'm guessing is just blue tinted bulbs in the yellow fog light capsules. Now I'm just waiting until it's dark enough so I can aim them. Unfortunately this time of year the sun is really only down for a few hours in the middle of the night so looks like I get to stay up for a while tonight. Also an unforeseen plus is even though I'm essentially missing 2 turn signal bulbs I'm not getting any hyperflash craziness. I guess a pair of 194 bulbs don't effect the system like when an 1156 bulb goes out.

Comment

I really want one of those HIC rear window visors for my E36 m3 sedan and 135i. Looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoV View Post
                                I really want one of those HIC rear window visors for my E36 m3 sedan and 135i. Looks awesome
                                Ya I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got it. The pictures on their website really don't show the details I was looking for but it really flows well with the rest of the cars lines. I did miss a little when I was installing it because that 2 sided tape is unforgiving when you make a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X