Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No. I'm not going to Rocket Bunny this shit ( CLK Benz content )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm reading this right... he is going to leave the rear muffler installed. That green "crossover" is actually so, when the valve is closed, both sets of exhaust outlets run through the muffler. With the electric valve, the new set of tips will be running unmuffled.

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
      Are you running an electric valve for back pressure reasons? I feel like if you're running a full straight pipe system you might as well have all four open at all times, although mine is a little different because I use 2.5 inch throughout to a 3.5 inch outlet
      What nsogiba says below

Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
      The electric valve is smart. It will keep the car civilized when it's closed so he can enjoy cruising without it being too loud.

Why do you need the green crossover pipe at the back?
      What lamsv says below

Originally posted by lamsv View Post
      If I'm reading this right... he is going to leave the rear muffler installed. That green "crossover" is actually so, when the valve is closed, both sets of exhaust outlets run through the muffler. With the electric valve, the new set of tips will be running unmuffled.
      Actually, the thing is that the Carlsson muffler has two exits. The outer one will have one tip attached. but I can't connect the inner one on that side too because of spacing issues. So I'll run the connector pipe to the other side to connect to the other tip.

The bypass valve on the other hand will allow me to bypass the muffler on the flick of a button. Easiest way would be to leave it pointing to the ground as a straight exit. But the problem then is that it will resonate like hell under the car. So I will let it exit through the passenger side tip. That way, the loud noise will exit behind the car. And it would not make sense to run it to the other side as well....

Last edited by loekaaz; 10-17-2017, 11:15 AM.
      Lucas
      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
      Originally posted by LCG
      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

in for results!!! Should sound awesome.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

Originally posted by LCG View Post
          you're just missing some "Boursin"

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Oh Hi.

Seems like this thread can use some sort of an update.

First:
            Exhaust fabrication thingies. I know it looks shit. Because it is. But it does the job.
            It still amazes me what a flappy disk and a can of black spray paint can do

Dat TDI life...

One side mounted.
            If I hadn't come across that carbon diffusor, it probably would have looked like this. Just one side like an original 55 AMG. But since the diffusor had two exit holes, it looked a bit retarded.

Much better, right?

The way it sits behind the bumper:

And the end result:
            It sticks out just a little bit too much, but I do not want to spend more time on the exhaust. I have plenty of other stuff to do as well as you may know

Like taking the lady on a trip to Paris haha

Visited Disneyland:

And drove together with this DB9 for a while on the way back.

During this trip, the engine got nicely warmed up, and that caused to heat soak the paint a little bit to much and.... and.....

nah I'll be honest. That golden Brembo paint on the rocker covers was THE DUMBEST DECISION to this date that I have taken on this vehicle.

I used a single component primer on the bare aluminium.
            On top of that, I used a spray filler primer because my OCD is so severe that I could not handle the scuffed finish of the sandblasted aluminium.
            ADVANCED AMATEUR TIP: STAY AWAY FROM SPRAY FILLER FOR ANY KIND OF HEATED APPLICATION!
            And on top of that came the Brembo gold and a single stage clear coat.

What happened was:
            The oil actually escaped out of the engine between the paint and the aluminium of the covers. So it wasn't actually the sealant or the gasket, but the rubbish paint to soak the block and headers in engine oil . #SMELLYALERTS

The old situation with gold rocker covers.

See all those bare spots? That shit chipped off without me even touching any wire brush... I feel so dumb
            If I pushed on the painted surfaces, oil would just pour out through the paint...

Also took the moment to look at the spark plugs.

Still questioning myself why I hadn't replaced these any sooner. (Or was it maybe that twin-spark life? #16sparkplugsonaV8 )

And engine all done in a nice and low-key heat-resistant silver

This is the way I roll now during winter, as both my 18" and 19" rear tyres are shot and I still need to buy a Tyre Balancer (got myself a Tyre changing machine already last week).
            Note the missing diffuser that came off a while ago

I guess that's it for now.

Last edited by loekaaz; 08-09-2017, 09:06 AM.
            Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Looks WAY better with the silver valve covers.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

I won't say a thing...

and I just did...

Comment

I agree the silver looks a lot better. CLK's with quad exhaust look SO much better than a stock CLK IMO, I don't know why it just really changes the whole car.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

The car has been sold. It was nice, but also time to let it go.

Why? you might ask. Well... There is a chance that I change jobs which requires me to commute longer distances. Therefor it might be possible that A DIESEL comes in it's place

Also, it gives me extra motivation to finish this thing over here:

I'll try to keep you guys updated!

Cheers!
                    Lucas
                    Originally posted by LCG

Comment

• Comment

• At least I held my promise. I did not RocketBunny it
                        Lucas
                        Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Working...
                        X