Project E36 328i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project E36 328i

Bought this roughly four years ago as a high mileage beater and eventually started to mod a little. The automatic transmission went but I love the car so much I invested in a manual tranny swap project and just took off from there. Still have a long list of todos but at least I can drive it everyday until the details are all completed and the vision is realized.

Just brought her home for the 1st time

Clean on the inside

Sitting in the Backyard waiting for a Tranny - Auto to Stick idea is conceived

Tranny Job Begins - couldn't have been done without the amazing thread over at BF.C I owe all those guys who laid the path before me:

Got the new clutch and pressure plate:

Tried on new rims, check clearance and width

Auto to Stick - Installed Coilovers at the same time:

Final hoisting of the trans Harbor Freight Jack was integral and very cost effective

Pedals - Shifter and Trans in

Sometimes the job just stood still going over the install checking if all was well

Wiring just so it would start and retain cruise control, etc

Installed new catback exhaust - yeah January freezing outside but I was motivated

Body work 1st time DIY - Hood - There was a nasty crumple where the prev owner looked like they ran under a truck or suv bumper

Body work 1st time DIY

Just finished 1st ever paint job and it shows:

Just after experimental driveway paint job

Shortly after paint Job

So here is where it is present day with still lots more to do before I am satisfied,

At Home

Parking Lot at Work

Parking lot at work II

Parking lot at work III

Sweet, where in NJ are you from?

stanceNeon | halcyonphoto.net

Comment

good progression from start to now
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
        good progression from start to now
        Thanks!!

Originally posted by glasswars View Post
        Sweet, where in NJ are you from?
        Thanks, currently residing in Plainfield

Comment

Looking good!!! I wish I had pics of my progress on mine.

Comment

Not feeling the kit or the headlights... but I can appreciate the effort you put into it. I wish I was that motivated to do shit on mine :/
            Originally posted by da3bous
            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

nice build! swap over the m50 manifold onto ur 328is and you'll feel the difference!

Comment

not feeling the bumpers kit. like the roof lip you should of molded and modified the front lower lips.also yeah the manifold conversions fun. how many miles? how long did the auto to Manuel take my friends about to try this

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

Yeah..a lot of people say that and some don't about the bumper. For me there is a reason. I've had many bumpers that are offered for these cars, I didn't want anything that would not be flexible if it touched the road (i.e. no propylene, def no fiberglass, and the stock M3 bumper is too short and lips for that bumper typically rip off eventually. This one does the trick and is made almost out of rubber and doesn't complain from the odd "grounding out". That being said I'm leaving it although there are many more attractive ones out there...but I mean to drive this car..

The auto to manual with every single part on hand can take two able bodies about 2 days to finish including removing the existing tranny and installing the new one. It was a great project and I came away with a great feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction after all I'm just an Internet Mechanic LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by Eurohb View Post
                    nice build! swap over the m50 manifold onto ur 328is and you'll feel the difference!
                    I've heard about that, hopefully I'll have a full motor swap and won't have to do that or ecu tuning for more horses

Comment

your front bumper lip is poly

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
                        your front bumper lip is poly
                        Actually it's poly urethane..thx..

Comment

Off to a good start it can only improve as you go a long!
                          Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Forgot about this thread, I did a lot more work on this old girl and then sold her last year, BUT I just got '95 E36 Convertible this year to play with..new thread coming...some parting shots of this old girl before she left me....

Last edited by sinsimma; 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X