No announcement yet.

2 Lost In Transit's "Toaster Build"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry for the harsh words. But I was/I am really interested in this build and I am not the most patient person 😫

Like story618 said, don't make it too complicated. Lower it and look what wheels will fit.

Comment

Confused as to why Ford gets to dictate so much…

If this is all about warranties, they won't want you to touch a thing.

Comment

YES EVERYONE IS RIGHT. You don't need to listen to what ford says about what tires you can put on your van. A few days ago i took my wheels / tires to a local tire shop and they didn't even question what size tires i was putting on my wheels. Like has been said before:

1.Lower the van to figure out what size wheels you need.

2.Look for wheels that have the right bolt pattern and hub bore for your car.

3.Buy those wheels in the specs you like

4.Go to tyrestretch.com and figure out what size tires you want

5.Buy them

6.Mount everything

CONGRATULATIONS YOU NOW HAVE A COOL VAN

And honestly, you could very easily skip steps 1-3 by taking the stock steelies and getting them widened.
        Last edited by Robitussin; 10-01-2015, 11:58 AM.
        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

I think that he does not wish to void his warranty. In other word, he want to put some wheel on it that fords agree of so he will keep all his warranty and such. That mean he will never drop this van guys. Am I not right OP? I just wonder why you don't buy ford wheels for the transit. They have a few cool wheels for the transit connect version that bolt right up.
          Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

Glad you finally found some...

Now something like this...

Comment

Glad to hear you finally found a set of wheels, the wheels are good looking man
              Dutch language sounds like a drunk German trying to speak English, while on magic mushroom, eating Belgian waffles.

Comment

You have no idea about how excited I am to see that you finally got some wheels. When are the mudflaps and the offroad lights going on?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

after all that research i honestly had high hopes for a wheel choice. was thinking about some low offset ,wide ass wheels and maybe a bit of poke

but you kept overthinking the whole build by checking things with ford and other misc stuff
                  which resulted ,in my eyes, in a disappointing choice, the wheels look good but these are just aftermarket wheels with regular specs.

there isn't a decent amount of flush. and after all this time, the car isn't even lowered yet so i won't begin talking about the "stance or fitment" of the car.

i hope you'll step your game up and throw the ford warranty paper out of the window and just slam the everlasting fuck out of this car. It will be the best feeling in the world breaking necks around town driving this van with perfect fitment

i'm shamelessly going to repost the Shia la Beouff GIF again because it suits this thread perfectly

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                  "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

holy shiet it happened. IT HAPPENED.

They look better than stock. but still got an oem look. Now is this the end of this "build"? Or are we gonna void some warranty on the suspension part yet?
                    Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

I don't understand... were 95% of the posts of this thread removed? or...? Trying to read through I am very very lost

Comment

this tilting me everything is..

im gonna search for a Ford Transit and lower it on 13" Rims I guess..
                        cant handle this sh*t xD
                        Last edited by JHermes; 02-23-2016, 02:36 PM.
                        GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                        WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                        "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

Nishy allow me to make a summary

in the OP he talked about "being new to the stance scene" but wanted to make something special out of his van, even made a special tumblr blog for it.
                          he had a lot of posts (like a full page of writing) about finding the right wheels, contacting dealers and suppliers,
                          found some wheel (with mild specs) that needed a redrill, but some shop fucked it up and he needed to get back on the hunt again. Couldnt find decent wheels that didn't void the ford warranty 'n shit.
                          after a while hefinally found the wheels that does the trick as you can see above.
                          but it still isn't that much of a big deal.

and now he;s swallowing his own words about not wanting to "stance" his van. so yeah i can assume this whole thread has been a clusterfuck atm.

@ OP,

i am thoroughly disappointed in you about saying you not wanting to stance the damned van. i had high hopes and genuine interest to see how this thread would've progressed. As open and helpfull this forum is, you had all the tools and help from here to make this van stand out from the crowd. but you kept it between the lines thanks to the warranty. in my mind it also would've showed a lot about the whole scene, that it's not just a youngster thing to do,

anyway, you dont need to slam the everlasting fuck out of it if i'll quote myself; but you can still do something about the ride height.

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                          "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

For What It's Worth..

..and it may not be worth much at this point but it is worth reporting on my part.. It's been nearly 1 year and 13K miles on the Sparco Terra wheels & Maxxis Victra wheels.. But I wanted to share something with those of you something I noticed the other day.

Seeing how my wife drives the van during the week and I during the weekend.. She drove me to a local store one morning and dropped me off, As I watched the her and the van drive away.. I seen something I thought I would never see.

The rear wheels & tires have a slight negative camber to them.. leaning in towards the top of the van.. A smile hit my face in the knowing that I stanced the van without knowing it..at least partly stanced.

In part and just to say, I never intended on stancing the van with larger wheels and lesser tires.. In fact I wanted lesser wheels 16 or 17 inch with more or larger tires.. going from 215's to maybe 225's.. But with the Maxxis victra tires doing so well.. looks like we wont get a chance to install 225's any time soon.

So would like to hope I accomplished something in your eyes by stancing the rear wheels and tires even if the thread was mangled..Thanks for allowing me for a short time and learning from the best on what static and bagged really meant.

Want to read more?.. Just opened a TC community Here: Ford Transit Connect

Comment

At least post a pic of what you did!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

If and when the lighting is better, I'll see if I can get a shot of the negative camber.

Thread Moved: Sport Utility Van

Comment

Working...
                                X