X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
    That's the spirit! Just continue like nothing ever happened
    ** edit.
    Innocent until proven guilty. I should shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by zoo; 11-03-2015, 02:36 PM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• The only pending "orange" color will be an OK prison jumpsuit for this future license plate puncher...

madd skillz?...no argument...

felony embezzlement?...no argument...

Comment

• Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
        That's the spirit! Just continue like nothing ever happened
        This thread is about a customer build and is being done for the build record of his car, and that is why it is about the car and the car only.

I don't continue as nothing has happened, and if anyone who claims they are familiar knows, I had participated in the discussion until I was removed from the discussion when I started posting details that didn't fit the narrative. I have gone no where, and everything is being done as I have said it would be, and that might be the reason why your legal assumptions haven't moved the direction you are so boldly claiming it will.. Truth be known, you really do not have a clue about the details, or what is or has been done, so that is why this needs to be about the build.

Here is an Example.. It was said that there was never any product at all, it was said that no company would take over the product in a licensing deal. And it was also said when I was claiming that this was the direction things were going, that I was full of shit and making things up, but here it is..

This Tvr build has world-wide magazine/television coverage already being done at the build stage, and will have additional coverage on performance and appearance when completed, but there is nothing being advertised or offered for sale with any type of product, so this is really just a build album for the customer. Now that was addressed, back to the build.
        Last edited by BadassVixen; 11-03-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoo View Post
          ** edit.
          Innocent until proven guilty. I should shut the fuck up.
          I sent you a private pm saying that I noticed you were in the Dallas area, and said that I am sure that you would be more than welcome to visit MVP, and there is a customer build LS3 powered P1800 currently being built in your area with another one getting ready to start up, so I am sure that they would be more than happy to show you their project and products?

Comment

• its so salty in here...you guys taste that? lol

Originally posted by BozoBubble
            Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• What do you guys think, too modern or just right? I am reworking the front end of the TVR for a more functional and aggressive look while still trying to keep a blend of Classic and Modern that makes sense, I have already added the clear flush mounted turn signal to get rid of the trailer like lights mounted in the grill, so is this still classic and modern at the same time. The side marker light near the headlight is also disappearing, so do ignore that mounting relief, because it is going to be smoothed out..

Side note, these lights are hand made true Hid Projector and not the cheap knock off's on eBay, so the 650 dollar budget cost would be a part of the decision on the build, so do you think the difference justifies the cost for the styling factor?

Last edited by BadassVixen; 11-05-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• I don't know about the light choice, looks like it's high as fuck on some molly with it's pupils all dilated. I think some and H4's would be just fine and a more period correct look.

Also the text on the projector is silly (or is it an pshop'd deal)

Comment

• Originally posted by delvin View Post
                  I don't know about the light choice, looks like it's high as fuck on some molly with it's pupils all dilated. I think some and H4's would be just fine and a more period correct look.

Also the text on the projector is silly (or is it an pshop'd deal)
                  I hope that once the headlight ring is body color it will take some of the bling out of it all and refine it a bit, but I have never really like the fluted lens or crystal back reflectors at all, and why I had these and others made clear and smooth like you see more and more with the new car..

Ha Ha.. I agree on the text for sure, and my lights do not have it... He took offense when I said I didn't want that work Sick etched on the eyeballs so prominently, but it is just too in your face and doesn't make sense..

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassVixen View Post
                    This thread is about a customer build and is being done for the build record of his car, and that is why it is about the car and the car only.

I don't continue as nothing has happened, and if anyone who claims they are familiar knows, I had participated in the discussion until I was removed from the discussion when I started posting details that didn't fit the narrative. I have gone no where, and everything is being done as I have said it would be, and that might be the reason why your legal assumptions haven't moved the direction you are so boldly claiming it will.. Truth be known, you really do not have a clue about the details, or what is or has been done, so that is why this needs to be about the build.

Here is an Example.. It was said that there was never any product at all, it was said that no company would take over the product in a licensing deal. And it was also said when I was claiming that this was the direction things were going, that I was full of shit and making things up, but here it is..

This Tvr build has world-wide magazine/television coverage already being done at the build stage, and will have additional coverage on performance and appearance when completed, but there is nothing being advertised or offered for sale with any type of product, so this is really just a build album for the customer. Now that was addressed, back to the build.
                    good.

OT: imho; The headlights would look nice IF it DIDN'T have the angel eyes. Looks way too cheesy. Maybe disconnecting the AE function could make a difference?
                    Last edited by loekaaz; 11-06-2015, 05:30 AM.
                    Lucas
                    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                    Originally posted by LCG
                    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• hmm, bit on the fence about the new light

the AE in it is too modern

could you swith over the AE to a turn signal?
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• ^This
                        Lucas
                        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                        Originally posted by LCG
                        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• No halos. I can understand the projector for better lighting, but it doesn't fit the look (to me) to have the Halos too

progress IS a slow process

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassVixen View Post
                            What do you guys think, too modern or just right? I am reworking the front end of the TVR for a more functional and aggressive look while still trying to keep a blend of Classic and Modern that makes sense, I have already added the clear flush mounted turn signal to get rid of the trailer like lights mounted in the grill, so is this still classic and modern at the same time. The side marker light near the headlight is also disappearing, so do ignore that mounting relief, because it is going to be smoothed out..

Side note, these lights are hand made true Hid Projector and not the cheap knock off's on eBay, so the 650 dollar budget cost would be a part of the decision on the build, so do you think the difference justifies the cost for the styling factor?

[/IMG]
                            OKAY! So, if no one else is gonna say it-Double grills?!!! NOOO!!!

Make it one, large grill and add some sort of "floating" metallic (maybe hole punched) grill so that there's 1.5" spacing between the new fiberglass and the metallic grill-all around- kinda like what OEM's were doing in the late 50s-60s! Beat and shape the metallic grill on the edges so that it takes a rounded, bubble-like look to help with the "floating" feel!

IMHO, the front-end needs something to "anchor" the look-kind of like what you're attempting to do with the rear (muffler, etc). I think that a TVR symbol, or a "Vixen" symbol, in the center of said grill, would set it off.

I really like what you're doing with this!
                            Last edited by 2GRX7; 11-06-2015, 01:21 PM. Reason: more thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
                              OKAY! So, if no one else is gonna say it-Double grills?!!! NOOO!!!

Make it one, large grill and add some sort of "floating" metallic (maybe hole punched) grill so that there's 1.5" spacing between the new fiberglass and the metallic grill-all around- kinda like what OEM's were doing in the late 50s-60s! Beat and shape the metallic grill on the edges so that it takes a rounded, bubble-like look to help with the "floating" feel!

IMHO, the front-end needs something to "anchor" the look-kind of like what you're attempting to do with the rear (muffler, etc). I think that a TVR symbol, or a "Vixen" symbol, in the center of said grill, would set it off.

I really like what you're doing with this!
                              I am still sorting out the center openings, and will cross that line when I get both corners roughed in properly.. I totally agree with you on the rolled mesh to add dimension, and that is a direction that we were already getting ready to go, because the factory flat mesh looks cheap for sure..

I am going to try to stay with a double opening and fashion the lower opening as separate feature like for an intercooler or oil cooler, but I am not dead set on that yet.. The plan is to add a lot more dimension or bulk to what I would call the center bar of the two opening, and actually add a bit more forward definition to the top part, because we still want it recognizable as a TVR from the front just like the back is still recognizable as a TVR.

I appreciate your detailed insight, and I will post some more updates as the shape of the front end opening starts to take form.

Comment

• Awesome build! I wish i could steal a bunch of money from people and build a bad ass car like this, but I can't cause I'm honest, and I don't like ripping people off.

Comment

Working...
                                X