The Calm Before the Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
    When I looked through the first few pics of this thread I was kinda expecting this to be another one of those "builds" where someone takes a civic well past it's prime and slams it on some steelies. Instead your really taking the time to do things properly and make it nice! Can't wait to see how this turns out, I love a clean EG6!
    Thank you. I never really intended to put it on its balls. I was looking for the circuit track look and hoping to gain strait line acceleration. I hope the eg will change peoples opinions about these damned cars. They're really good starter builds for 17 year olds like me. It surprises me how hard it is to find some of these interior parts in good condition
    My db7 Daily Whip Build
    @PennyBoi

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunate View Post
      Thank you. I never really intended to put it on its balls. I was looking for the circuit track look and hoping to gain strait line acceleration. I hope the eg will change peoples opinions about these damned cars. They're really good starter builds for 17 year olds like me. It surprises me how hard it is to find some of these interior parts in good condition
      Yeah, I don't think people realize that when done right, a Honda can look as cool as anything else out there. It looks likes your covering all the bases which is great for your first build, I'm only 18 myself and doing my first project too, its a learning experience for sure, no matter what platform you start on.

Does Honda reproduce a lot of those interior parts for little money? I tried buying a new armrest lid for my car and it was insanely expensive, though that's Audi for you haha.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
        Yeah, I don't think people realize that when done right, a Honda can look as cool as anything else out there. It looks likes your covering all the bases which is great for your first build, I'm only 18 myself and doing my first project too, its a learning experience for sure, no matter what platform you start on.

Does Honda reproduce a lot of those interior parts for little money? I tried buying a new armrest lid for my car and it was insanely expensive, though that's Audi for you haha.
        Honda did reproduce all parts for a while. I think they stopped after the ek I could be wrong. I spent about $350 USD for my black center console that was still in the box. I don't think it was too bad. I had a 1997 camaro with a lt4 and its console lid would of set me back $300 from a junk yard. Project cars are really fun. The hunt for some of these parts has driven me kinda crazy. People who **** Hondas obviously have never driven one. They're fun little cars with a huge aftermarket. After I test drove a S6 last year I fell in love with avant Audis
        My db7 Daily Whip Build
        @PennyBoi

Comment

Long time since I've updated and I'very finally done or bought something for my cars. I've continued gaining little parts here and there as I think of how I'm going to tackle the d15b swap and bay tuck and shaving. Got coilovers and a set of Work Carving Head 40'start in 15x7 et 38 for the eg,and I'm working on getting my forks and spindles cut. Sheared a blot on my lca and my strut was stuck to it so I ordered drop LCA's.

Last edited by Shogunate; 03-18-2016, 10:15 AM.
          My db7 Daily Whip Build
          @PennyBoi

Comment

hello, how it is going?
            iīm a fan of honda civicīs
            it seem to be a great car u building.......
            iīm follow and canīt wait to see the finish line!!!!!
            keep up the goood work!
            Last edited by martin81; 03-18-2016, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by martin81 View Post
              hello, how it is going?
              iīm a fan of honda civicīs
              it seem to be a great car u building.......
              iīm follow and canīt wait to see the finish line!!!!!
              keep up the goood work!
              Thanks man!
              My db7 Daily Whip Build
              @PennyBoi

Comment

The last update sounds dope, but your pics are already broken.... I host on tinypic. You get unlimited storage I think (I have over 500 pics), and there is no bandwidth limits. I have forum posts back from 2012 that still have all working pictures. I love that site

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
                  The last update sounds dope, but your pics are already broken.... I host on tinypic. You get unlimited storage I think (I have over 500 pics), and there is no bandwidth limits. I have forum posts back from 2012 that still have all working pictures. I love that site
                  Sorry I uploaded them using my phones web browser. Went back and changed the links, seems to work now
                  My db7 Daily Whip Build
                  @PennyBoi

Comment

in for more photos of the dog.
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                    X