Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My W123 280ce Coupe

Current Pic

So here I am after lurking on the forum for a few weeks! I have been looking for a classic car project, and love the way the old school mercs look, so I spent many hours on the internet at what to look out for/common problems.

I didnt want a complete car as I prefer a challenge, I have conquered the fast (had a 205Gti) and then I got into the 4x4 scene and built a L200 monster designed to go anywhere.

So finally purchased a project car 2 weeks ago and have spent many hours working on it between work... It hasnt seen much action in 14 years and sat in a garage for 13 and the last owner had it for a year and decided to sell it on.

Car hasnt had an MOT or Tax and the engine ran like an absolute pig when I got it, so after running it for 10 seconds it was switched off and never started again until a full service was performed, there has been a few rust spots found but nothing major so far

So all parts ordered new oils, filters, spark plugs, belts, HT leads, rotor arm, coolant, Radiator, injectors refurbished.

And finally on Friday I started it and it sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! running on all cylinders!

THE PLAN
    Now my main task is to get it through an MOT firstly, then lower it and maybe airbags at some point

Anyways less babbling and more pictures

The day she was collected

Interior stripped/soundproofing removed to see if there is any rust lurking under the seats

No rust under the battery tray

Some of the parts finally arrive

Full service begins with new rad

Injectors removed and refurbished using a pressure tester

Brakes were seized so callipers were completely overhauled with all new internals

I really dont like the existing wheels but love the look of the steelies, so I got myself some 16x7 ET37 genuine Mercedes steels from Germany, they got a full strip down this weekend, lips polished and centers primed ready for black paint.

Arrival

Stripped

All done

And thats it for now folks!
    Last edited by Jarnam; 06-02-2016, 04:29 PM. Reason: Picture links were all dead

Instagram: Jarnam87

Great job so far in exited to see more

Comment

So almost gave up on this car, its sort of fought me at every step, If you know how the rear brake plate is attached you will know how much of a pig it is to change (the whole wheel bearing needs to be removed and changed) new tool had to be made as the Mercedes tool required for the job is £££££

Making a tool to remove the bearing

Putting the F***** bearing back all because the old brake plate rotted!!
      [img alt="" src="https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11895982_10153639082412783_2071061631201898029_n.j pg?oh=62040495435e5f845aff0a3177fea510&oe=566AA7EB" style="max-width:100%;"]

Front and rear lowered using H&R springs also replaced shocks with OEM ones

Last edited by Jarnam; 06-02-2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

The car is officially on the road!! finally got some time over the last month and the following work was carried out , its running extremely rich so its having an engine tune up at the minute and then its off for a full respray

- Rust all removed
        - Interior refurbished and put back in
        - All electrics now work

Last edited by Jarnam; 06-02-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X