AE not 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE not 86

ive always wanted an ae86 just like everyone else in the world,but wen i got my first car i couldn't afford one, then i found this this is the black sheep of the ae chassis. the bastard child of toyota , the last corolla coupe to be offered in america .and its FWD even though this car screams RWD, its the ae92.that no one ever cares about.this is the only picture i can find when i first got it . first thing i did was get coilovers but pretty much that's what it first looked like. so anyways , i soon found out that parts are very very limited for this car . so the process has been slow and costly ,but its coming along just fine. i always forget to take pictures of what i do to it so its going to jump 4 years all of a sudden , but this is the most recent work to it ... since mine is an sr5 , it came with drums , so did a rear disk brake conversion the other day , also doesn't come with the side skirts or the 4age.. this are some lower control arm braces that i had imported from Thailand. from fucking Thailand. they stiffen up the travel so much , so that was good. not just for looks. also just put some bc on the other day as well because the ksports i originally got did not go that low at all . then some ascetics. this a bzr trd wing from a ae111 i had imported. then if you can see i have a custom front lip that i had to lurk on every forum i could find for two years to find out who made the lip then revive a 4 year old thread .(thats my 3rd one) have a new one ready . also if you notice i got a passenger mirror , as mine was missing it . also thats me completely stuck in my own driveway trying to back my car in to work on it. really blurry pic but thats a better look at the wing..
    anyways thats all the pictures i have of my car . i dont really care to take pictures of my own car that much ,but ill try to update more on what i do to it.
    cheers,ivan
    Last edited by Risforrawr; 03-06-2015, 03:49 AM.
    "One simply does not study and lower their car at the same time"

It looks awesome! Reminds me of a long wheelbase MR2... A few driveline problems but I just see the styling ques there
    My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Good looking ae92! too bad they're fwd but its still an awesome underrated car
      E46 touring
      E30 eta

IG: christopher.vincent.hugo

Comment

this would be epic with a rwd swap, i think i actully prefer its look to the 86
        Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Nissan Skyline (r32 gts-4)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

despite being fwd, i bet these cars with the given setup and some mild power adjustments probably would be really fun pulling through corners. i love this and what you've done to it man!

Comment

that wing makes the car.

the pic under the cherry blossoms in front of the house got me right in the hnnnnng

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang
              But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
              Originally posted by Dudermagee
              XXr's, homey.

Comment

Hell yeah, check out them links. I looooove ae92's.

Are you going to 20v or GZE swap it? Also, how about the JDM skinny bumpers?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Cool AE92!

Wouldn't mind a sedan with a 20v blacktop and the 6spd trans.

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                    You cant see in the pictures, but in the garage i have a gts, im planning on pulling that engine and rebuilding it then swapping it into mine. Engine doesn't run btw also shell is in worse condition tjan mine. Just got it for parts. But i want to do boosted 20v bt swap eventually.
                    "One simply does not study and lower their car at the same time"

Comment

Uhhh... This is rad as fuck. I don't even care that it's fwd, it's just cool. I've never paid any attention to this chassis, but honestly I think when I get around to the fwd build i've always said i'll do... this might have to be it.
                      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Looks cool!
                        Kinda reminds me Honda Prelude.

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Actually looks pretty awesome, Id take a lot more pics of it if I were you.

Also you have a nail in your tire.
                          l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
                          sigpic

Comment

Good eye on the nail^^

Also, I'm a huge toyota guy and ive never even given these a second glance....when i got to that pic in your garage my jaw dropped.

brb, devoting the rest of my night to researching these cars and finding one on craigslist

Comment

Nice, I don't see these modded too often. Tastefully done, we Corolla's gotta stick together lol.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

Working...
                              X