I shouldn't be daily driving this: '82 Golf MK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the car!

Only thing i personally would change is to polish the lips of the porsche wheels instead of just having the polished face, or paint the wheels completely. But it ain't my car so my taste don't mean shit

Keep it awesome!
    I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Originally posted by SanderZ View Post
      Nice pics bro
      haha, you did almost all the work

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
      Love the car!

Only thing i personally would change is to polish the lips of the porsche wheels instead of just having the polished face, or paint the wheels completely. But it ain't my car so my taste don't mean shit

Keep it awesome!
      thanks mate!, i'm completely with you on this one; but i'm not gonna spend time or money on the C2's since i just borrowed them while my RM's are at the paintshop. if they where completely silver i guess i would've liked them more. still a inch to big imo tho.

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
      "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Soo, i've got a update. not much of a happy one tho,

the 17th of April i brought my wheels to the paintshop and gave them 6 weeks to disassemble the RM012's, get them back to bare metal and respray them in a new color.

after those 6 weeks they still weren't done due to some family problems in the business they said, so a week later i gave them a unexpected visit. turned out only 2 of the 4 wheels were stripped form their paint and had filler on it; the other two still had paint stripper on them. i was really pissed of, but they tried to make it right and told me thet had the wheels finished in a week, maybe two weeks. well ok then, i thought let's wait some more. after a week i wanted to now how far they where; turned out they only stripped another wheel, didn't even worked on the first two with the filler; 4th one was still in paint stripper.

now they told me it might take up to 6 weeks before they're done.

my reaction:

I demanded the part of the money back that i paid upfront or at least some of it. Got 50% back, got my wheels and i'm going to another place tomorrow; they said they only need two weeks because a lot of work has already been done.

tl;dr:
        shitty paintshop took 8 weeks to sandblast 3 out of 4 wheels; and complained that i was the annoying customer for pushing their arses.

IG pick from me picking up the wheels:

in those 8 weeks i've been busy with school and stuff, so dindu nuffin on the car unfortunately

i did however bought a few things, 'cause you can never spend enough money:

new tyres:
        Bridgestone Potenza's 165/50
        Nankang NS II 185/45

and bought these rear camber plates from a Dutch member on here, they're 1.5 degrees. not much, but it might be enough to get the lips sitting flush with the fender. we'll see.

Scored 1 extra bbs rm:

only the heart/tunnel & bolts. lip will be removed. Dunno what i'll do with it. probably gonna get me a 0.5" lip and make it my spare wheel.

oh btw, i had some more bad luck :

at a local party my GF lost the keys to the car a few weeks ago.

ofcourse i only had one key,

Turns out, a lot of old vw keys look alike.and because of the age this car is, and a wear these lock mechanism has over the years, there's a big chance a different key fits the lock. so a buddy of mine brought his spare keys and whaddayaknow;
        the door opens.

step one completed

now to get the fucker started again. luckily/ i've got a broke ass car; so it never came with a steering lock. So this meant we only had to switch the ignition mechanism.
        we knew the older mk2's have the same mechanism; so we pulled one out of my mates racecar project for a temporarily fix. hooked it up on my car, and it starts again.

i was hoping my original key would present itself somewhere over the last few weeks, but no, life keeps kicking me in the balls. so i ordered a complete new set of keys and locks. one set came with chrome handle's. still debating if i'll switch them, or only the cylinders.

last week i went to go to work when i noticed something odd while looking at my car.
        some decal strips were shifted and the front bumper was sitting weird.

so upon closer inspection, the left side of the bumper has been bent.

pics:

heard from a neighbor it was a little kid that drove into it. father just grabbed the kid and hauls his ass out of the streets without leaving a note.

it's not to bad, but it takes time to fix it again. main reason it pisses me off so much is the fact that he didn't left a note.

anyway, i've got my work cut out for me again;

swap out the front CL spoiler
        still need to take out the window strips and replace them.
        fix that front bumper
        swap all the lock cylinders.
        hope my wheels are done within two weeks this time

soo that's it. shitty update i know, mostly me complaining about life. but fuck you i need to vent somewhere.

K, love y'all, byebye

Comment

meme post +1
          Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG
          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Went true your topic. Looks a lot like mine. Collecting bits, parts and gimmicks over time. Everytime you think you're almost done, something small but annoying to repair comes along.

Anyway, heb ik dus ook gehad. Hoop ge-etter voordat de auto eindelijk voor apk kon. Eenmaal alles klaar, na 1 maand het blok alweer naar de klote. Leuke gadgets verzamelen en unieke dingetjes. Ook ik wil nog parket gaan leggen in mn kofferbak. En mn auto moet lager en ik wil ook nog een rvs uitlaat.

Projectcars... never done..
              Old project: Suzuki Swift mk1 GTi carbs '86
              New Project: Porsche 944 S '87
              Follow me: Whiteknuckleride
              My band on Spotify: Edison Road

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                meme post +1
                only way i know to make this shitty thread semi funny

Originally posted by P78 View Post

Originally posted by Pauluzz View Post
                Went true your topic. Looks a lot like mine. Collecting bits, parts and gimmicks over time. Everytime you think you're almost done, something small but annoying to repair comes along.

Anyway, heb ik dus ook gehad. Hoop ge-etter voordat de auto eindelijk voor apk kon. Eenmaal alles klaar, na 1 maand het blok alweer naar de klote. Leuke gadgets verzamelen en unieke dingetjes. Ook ik wil nog parket gaan leggen in mn kofferbak. En mn auto moet lager en ik wil ook nog een rvs uitlaat.

Projectcars... never done..
                like the infamous Heisenberg once said:
                "you're goddamn right"

but yep, i know the feels. On the other hand; i freaking choose to daily drive a 33yo car;

so i kinda had it coming.

i don't wanna jinx it but the last 2 months the car has been pretty reliable. has a few minor things i wanna fix but all in all it's performing decent enough.

(heb het geluk gehad dat ik het meeste technische spul kon doen toen de Saxo m'n DD was; voelt gelijk een stuk beter met rijden wetende dat al dat soort spul nieuw is.)

biggest priority for me is swapping the freaking wheels already.

i'm refurbishing the lips this weekend; taking off all the silicone shit'n stuff like that,

shitty little update about it at the end of the week

Comment

i know i've already posted this picture; but i'm shamelessly going to do it again:

why good news you ask? well, i fuckin finally got my wheels back!

but if you wanna see them scroll to the bottom of this post because im trying to keep this shitty thread in a chronological type of chaos.

sooo first thing's first. i needed to catch you guys up for the last two weeks of work on the car.

last weekend i worked on the lips so i could bring them to the wheels shop

removed al the silicone on the backside of the lips

randen ontdaan van de siliconen kutkit

polished all the hunderdtwenty fucking bolts.

time for the lips:

had a cool idea for somewhere in the future:

oh and yeah since my gf lost the keys i needed to replace all the locks on the car.

did that last weekend and replaced the doorhandles with chrome ones:

they seem to be a little out of place at the moment because i dont have much chrome accent just yet. i thougt the car can pull them off when there's more polished aluminium and chrome on it. just got to wait for the wheels.

removed the front bumper to inspect the damage.

damage wasn't really that big so i just bend it back to it's orginal place.

and last weekend on sunday i had some time for the fun stuff:

CAMBERTIME

the camberplates are only 1.5 degrees; not much but i'm gonna need them with the wider tyres for the back. haven't taken any photos of the proces because my phone was dead at the time. anyway here is the end result:

and yesterday evening; something happend that i was waiting 11 agonizing weeks for.

the tyreshop deliverd my wheels

i'd tried to capture the color. loving the amount of flakes;

slapped them on this morning and spend some time dialing the reight height. still got a problem with the rear axle, one side pokes whenever i roll forwards and goes back in the wheelarch when i drive backwards. really weird. trying to sort that out tomorrow.

won't bore you guys to death anymore so here aresome picture i took after a quick photoshoot:

truly in love with the color and the contrast it gives against the aluminium. Sooo glad i chose this one instead of the original diamond silber color.i'm pretty sure the entire car will get this color code somewhere in the future when i've got the funds for it.

that's all folks, hope you guys enjoy the new wheels as much as i do. lemme know what y'all think

Comment

Oh man, they turned out great! Really nice color you chose for the rm's, the metal flake just seals the deal. Keep up the great work! Hopefully once I start getting funds too, I'll be able to tastefully mod my mk2

Comment

dang man you got enough keys? haha nice car!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnys_Stanceventures View Post
                        Oh man, they turned out great! Really nice color you chose for the rm's, the metal flake just seals the deal. Keep up the great work! Hopefully once I start getting funds too, I'll be able to tastefully mod my mk2
                        thanks mate, i'm really content with the wheels. it was a bit of a gamble with the color code but it turned out great imo. Good luck with the mk2, can't really go wrong with those start a build thread if the modding begins; it's Always nice to look back to see how it looked like before; helps for motivation.

Originally posted by whacka View Post
                        dang man you got enough keys? haha nice car!
                        hahah i know right. i used to have one key for the entire car... now i've got assloads of them. every single lock as its own key.

but hey, i can get in and start the car again so i've got that going for me, which is nice

Comment

Great to see the wheels on! Some chrome bbs center caps or white caps would really set it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X