It's A Honda SUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's A Honda SUV

Hi, im Pat from Worcester, Mass. I am currently in my senior year of high school, and i am broke as can be. This is a build Thread for my CR-V.
    I bought This car roughly 2 and a half months ago, and i must say its given me mixed feelings from then to now.
    it all started one day when a Facebook page held a sale listing for this particular CR-V, which came from New Hampshire.
    I noticed the car being sold for a particularly low price, due to a suspension problem, so nothing serious.
    Sure enough, i took myself, my money, and three of my friends to the location of the seller, and through some visual inspection, a test drive, and the "DUDE BUY IT's" of my friends, i figured i didn't want to wait any longer for a CR-V, and i purchased the car at 157,xxx miles.
    here's how it rolled home:

those eye catching chrome hubcaps and those astonishingly sunfaded bumpers were screaming "buy me" so i couldn't say no.
    Later diagnosis showed a shot balljoint as the suspension issue, so that was nothing bad.

I got it on the road, and did a good bit of cruising, just to absorb the full experience of driving a honda for a good bit, but then i got bored...

I noticed a substantial amount of wheel-gap on my CR-V one day, and so i decided it was time to tend to that issue.
    i attempted to gather a set of 4 Ebay Coil over sleeves, but was unsuccessful. I ended up with two coilover sleeves for the front struts, and decided it was time to introduce my rear springs to the angle grinder.
    during the intermission hours, i decided to rattlecan the steelies white.
    after some cutting, sleeving, and first suspension component removal in what feels like the car's entire life, i had re'assembled the car and was more than pleased:

Due to the suspension setup, i expected a spine rupturing ride, but was actually in shock when the car rode not much different from stock. this was until the struts blew of course.
    now i cant stay in the car for too long without having a sore back. a coilover setup is definite at this point. despite the terrible ride, i still love the car.

i figured i would slap my 15' into it to make it a bit more enjoyable.

I always liked the car meet scenario, tons of people around you who enjoy exactly what you enjoy. i attended a few with some friends:

ohhh yeah now she's really coming together. what's this mentality without a gas station pic:

I was bored one day, and i am irish. combine the two and what do you get?:

i am more than content with my car. its not perfect, but i enjoy it. i wanted to give to it.
    i went through the craigslist wheel hunt stage for weeks on end before i found a deal of a lifetime on some accord wheels. i simply couldn't refuse do to the pricing:

this is how it sits today:

its garaged for the winter, because its starting to have a snowball effect where things just want to keep failing and breaking, but i plan to put it on coilovers and do some polishing and maybe painting in the spring time. I will update this thread when more moves are made =)

maintenance moves WTF

Last edited by RD1 Pat; 01-28-2015, 06:36 PM.

Love lowered crvs. Keep up the solid progress!
    95 ucf20. static, flatbelly, 18x11 18x12.5 lots of camber.

be my internet friend on the gram @thisisdalton

Comment

love these when they are lowered, ill be watching this one.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

gay.

Comment

Love me a crv. Have one myself, but im lifting instead of lowering lol. Cant wait to see what you do with this
          Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Function Form Type 1's and extended top hats were just ordered today for it, no more cut springs and janky ass EK front struts w/ eBay sleeves.

Comment

ive always wanted one of these!!! cant wait to see how it turns out
              IG: @uncle_rickey
              c126 coupe

Comment

Lets see her lowered

Comment

Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
                  Love me a crv. Have one myself, but im lifting instead of lowering lol. Cant wait to see what you do with this
                  @Queef|Chief Lmfao that was option B for mine

Originally posted by volkswagger84 View Post
                  ive always wanted one of these!!! cant wait to see how it turns out
                  @volkswagger84 Thanks

Originally posted by moist taco View Post
                  Love lowered crvs. Keep up the solid progress!
                  @moist taco thanks dude, parts make progress

Comment

Working...
                  X