SilentHeaven's Jetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilentHeaven's Jetta

This is my lame ass excuse for a build thread, basically I just want to post some pictures of my ride because no one in my area has anything like mine. Basically, the euro scene in southeast Texas is well... not here.

I bought my MK6 TDI Jetta a few months back and brought it straight to Dorbitz Designs in Dallas. I had been looking around for a while for someplace that could do the air ride set-up I was looking for. I didn’t want to bring my new baby to a place that has never bagged a Jetta, let alone one with paper tags still. I ended up asking for all the top of the line parts since this is my daily driver (50+ miles a day) and I didn’t want to worry about parts breaking. I opted for the Accuair e-level with performance shocks and duel Viair 440s with a seamless tank. Got the frame c-notched and a full fender roll all the way around.

I had spent many nights looking at different rims when planning this and finally selected some 3sdm .06's

The day I picked her up

The 30 Day courtesy check up at the dealer.

I liked the wheels and rode them for all of 2 months. I already had a few sets of wheels from my old MB W220 laying around so I would swap from my 3sdms' to my 6 slots, then back to stock, and back to 3sdms'. I like the different looks and pretty much swap them out every week or so.

Plasti dipped them gold for a while too

After searching around, I finally found a set of BBS faces on here that I snatched up. RS174 and RS180's. Saved some more and bought the VR 16 to 18 kit (2" lips, 6" barrels) for a not so crazy offset. These Jetta’s **** low offsets. I haven’t checked my offset since building them but I guess they are in the high 30s' when compared to the .06s. I ended up selling the .06s’ to finish the BBS. I finally installed them this weekend and love the way they look. The fit was tight and I think the 205s will eventually finish rolling the fenders that little bit more for them to fit just right. The rear two are almost sitting fender to lip when lowered. I haven’t had the guts to fully drop her since the tires rub the fender one the way down. I probably should bite the bullet and buy a fender roller to push them out just a little bit more.

I don’t think I could have planned that fitment if I tried!

Well, Thanks for looking and I will try to remember to add more if something else changes. Hopefully this year I will be able to hit some Houston Car shows.
    Last edited by SilentHeaven; 01-20-2015, 06:40 AM.

Originally posted by SilentHeaven View Post
    These vw's **** low offsets.
    corrected
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
      corrected
      Agreed, I have seen older VWs with big lips, but anything new can’t come close. I think fifteen52 has fenders for the MK5. Maybe if they did the MK6... and maybe if they looked good... for me, I just can’t justify custom fenders for 3"+ lips. I really like the lines that the Jetta has now.

Comment

I feel like I shouldn't, but I love the look on the 6-slots

But it is crazy on the BBS'

Love Love Love Mk6 Jettas. Probably my favourite behind Mk2's
        Instagram: @Lhottekins

Comment

The 6-slots are heavy though, my mpg will go from 42-45 on stock to 36-38 on the 6-slots. Still better than my W202 but when I drive as much as I do, it adds up. Maybe one day I will get some lightweight 17s to see how much of a difference they will make.

Comment

imo, 18's are the ideal size for this platform
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Dorbitz does some sick work! Glad to see you went through their shop.
              Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Working...
              X