2005 Honda Civic EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Honda Civic EX

Last edited by kmw97; 06-14-2015, 11:12 AM.

Welcome! Ahh, the great forgotten Civic.

What are the suspension plans?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      Welcome! Ahh, the great forgotten Civic.

What are the suspension plans?
      I definitely want to go low, but not to the extreme. I was thinking just buying springs, or would coilovers be the better choice?

Comment

Considering the huge aftermarket for civics, you could get new coilovers for not too much and if you wanted to save some money you could find a used set. And you would probably be better off with coilovers in the end considering you can dial in the ride height without having to buy different springs. So i would vote for you to just save the extra cash to get coilovers but it's your build and your budget, so you do you man
        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

^ Agreed. For static suspension, coilovers are the way to go for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
            Considering the huge aftermarket for civics, you could get new coilovers for not too much and if you wanted to save some money you could find a used set. And you would probably be better off with coilovers in the end considering you can dial in the ride height without having to buy different springs. So i would vote for you to just save the extra cash to get coilovers but it's your build and your budget, so you do you man
            Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            ^ Agreed. For static suspension, coilovers are the way to go for sure.
            Awesome! I'll definitely be picking up some coilovers in the near future then

Comment

Really nice platform, I love these civics. I personally wouldn't have mounted those wheels on your stock tires, but put money towards coilovers first. A nice drop with those stock wheels would have looked pretty good still. But, regardless I think coilovers should be the next step! Looking forward to seeing more progress man!
              My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Always liked this body style of civic. keen to see what you do to is.

As for suspension I would definitely go coilovers.

Comment

Looks good. Wheels look like little marshmallows.
                  Last edited by SoLOwX3; 01-09-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Civic Suspension OMG the choises....

i spent 1500 on GroundControl kit it was great but way over priced when you can buy KYBs or Koni shocks for cheap and build the same kit for 600$ for the EJ6

Comment

Comment

What kind of direction are you steering this build in, out of curiosity?

The reason I ask is that I think you're going to have to have a pretty wild build to pull those taillamps off. You might have a look at the current Thai VIP style - the current look over there is very sporty techno-future, and if your taste skews that way, it might be some good inspiration. 244Brick posted some good ones a while back in the VIP appreciation thread.

Comment

Could've spent that money on a drop.

But it's your car and your money.
                          Not going into how those look either.

Comment

Take them all back and save for suspension. Put this thing on the ground to tuck those wheels asap.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X