• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No...
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

This is absolutely fucking retarded. You ruined a car that at one time HAD some potential. Before any of you butt hurt motherfuckers say 'you're a ***** gtfo', realize that this guy posted in a PUBLIC forum asking for opinions. My opinion is this; I'd rather claw my eyes out with a dull knife than to ever see this car on the road. k, thx.
      Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Holy shit that coilover set up is sketch...
        IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
          This is absolutely fucking retarded. You ruined a car that at one time HAD some potential. Before any of you butt hurt motherfuckers say 'you're a ***** gtfo', realize that this guy posted in a PUBLIC forum asking for opinions. My opinion is this; I'd rather claw my eyes out with a dull knife than to ever see this car on the road. k, thx.
          Please tell us how you really feel
          Last edited by shippedout; 07-12-2015, 10:45 AM.
          2002 Infiniti I35 ( 6 speed swap in progress )
          2004 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed ( Closest car to being "stanced" )
          2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6 Speed
          2002 Lincoln LS
          On the verge of being Stanced

Comment

Originally posted by shippedout View Post
            Please tell us how you really feel
            Please go to hell with your sarcastic bullshit.
            Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
              Please go to hell with your sarcastic bullshit.
              Ive actually been running this coil setup for a while now and have had no issues with it whatsoever. The weight does not seem to be a problem and the reference to the s124 is irrelavent because that is a COMPLETELY different car and weighs a lot more than the 4 cylinder w201 chassis. I know its dumb, Im not claiming it looks awesome nor do i think it does, yet, but Im just doing this to learn and see what I can do. Worst comes to worst you ****** were all right and the strut towers do fail, Oh well then I will have to go back to my last setup and figure it out that way. Im not asking for opinions, Im simply sharing my work with those I think may be interested and if you're not simply press the back button or go to another build thread and speak your wise words there.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
                I hope your not planning on driving anywhere with the e36 coils set up like that.... The shock towers WILL fail. The spring holds all of the cars weight (which is why they are so big) and the strut provides the dampening. READ: SUPPORTS NO WEIGHT

I'm not even gonna start with the wheel set up.
                Ive been driving on this setup for some time with no issues as stated before, I know the wheels are fucked and I know the amount of stress that is being put on the car because of them. Im looking for other wheels that are as wide if not a little less but Im trying to figure out how wide I want to go with the flares by using these wheels as a template. I **** steelies.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                  Ive actually been running this coil setup for a while now and have had no issues with it whatsoever. The weight does not seem to be a problem and the reference to the s124 is irrelavent because that is a COMPLETELY different car and weighs a lot more than the 4 cylinder w201 chassis. I know its dumb, Im not claiming it looks awesome nor do i think it does, yet, but Im just doing this to learn and see what I can do. Worst comes to worst you ****** were all right and the strut towers do fail, Oh well then I will have to go back to my last setup and figure it out that way. Im not asking for opinions, Im simply sharing my work with those I think may be interested and if you're not simply press the back button or go to another build thread and speak your wise words there.
                  Sorry to have tried to offer some helpful commentary. It won't happen again.

Comment

All comments in regards to the wheels aside, what's the treatment on the tails? That doesn't look very translucent or reflective.
                    Instagram - @laneraymond

Everything you've heard about me is true.

Comment

Originally posted by LaneRaymond View Post
                      All comments in regards to the wheels aside, what's the treatment on the tails? That doesn't look very translucent or reflective.
                      It's not, it's red paint. Kids like him are the reason we can't have nice things.

Comment

Sub'd. All this thing will need is rusty panels.

Comment

Lol at not taking advice from someone who clearly knows more about the platform than yourself. Really mature dude, when your strut towers collapse that's going to be a much bigger issue than you might imagine.

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                            Lol at not taking advice from someone who clearly knows more about the platform than yourself. Really mature dude, when your strut towers collapse that's going to be a much bigger issue than you might imagine.
                            Nah man, JB weld.
                            Last edited by Dudermagee; 07-12-2015, 08:03 PM.
                            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Why do some people instantly take any criticism as "h ate?" Just because someone doesn't love your project doesn't mean he/she is a "h ater."
                              Last edited by Joosh; 07-12-2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Not really here to instigate anything. But!

Shock towers in good condition don't go all at once. Contrary to popular belief, the E36 isn't as perfect as a car as everyone says they are, and shock tower failure is quite common. Your car won't all of a sudden lose control and you won't go veering off the road into a bunch of children unless your shock towers are rusty as hell, and snap all at once. All you will notice is your car pulling to one side, and some unsavory noises if the shock towers fail. A lot of these guys know what they are talking about, so heed their advice though. With that being said, just reinforce the towers to appease the masses or something. I agree that the shock towers were never meant to take that kind of force in the direction that they are mounted at, but with some extra support I doubt you will have a problem.

What they think will happen.

What will really happen.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                                X