UK 1991 VW Polo Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK 1991 VW Polo Coupe

Hi i'm Jordon from little old England and this is my '91 VW Polo.
    You probably won't be familiar with the polo but basically its the same size as mk1 Golf but were cheaper than the equivalent age golf with smaller engines too.
    So it's a 1272cc about 75bhp and 800kg so its not too slow, not that this bothers me too much

Anyway its changed a few times over the three years i've owned it, now for pics!

I had it sprayed Audi Arrow Grey before driving it (first car too)

-80mm suspension and black banded steels 13x7 and 13x8

Coilovers and RSL Cults 13x7 and 13x8

Current look is lower on coilovers, camber on the back and 13x7 and 13x8 Image Splits

You may have noticed some damage in the most recent pictures, the rear was my fault reversed into a pole but a taxi drove into the side of me earlier this year as well, so at the moment it's in the bodyshop having the repair and a lot of custom bodywork doing

And finally one for a size comparison haha!

Last edited by JordonVW; 10-17-2014, 03:29 PM.
    Insta: @JordonVW

well i've got it back from the spray shop now so i'll let the pictures do the talking...

Day i got it back:

A couple of night pictures:

Last weekends rainy pics:

I'm no photographer these are all phone pics, front is now 15mm lower than in a lot of these pictures too!

Comment

Very cool dude!

Comment

When sad steering wheel is in glovebox

Comment

Digging this, love the color.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

this is really cool, good work!

Comment

Originally posted by zuze91 View Post
              When sad steering wheel is in glovebox
              I think you mean it's right hand drive haha

Cheers for the nice comments guys!

Comment

Fitted some 15x6 and 15x8.5 renault alpine turbines yesterday. Fronts have 165/45/15 tyres and rears are 195/45/15, tried to fit 185/45/15 to the rears but they wouldn't quite stretch on so for the minute the back end is a bit higher than i'd like.

Always fancied a set but always thought 15's may be a bit big for it, should only be temporary while i sort my splits out with new dishes.

Comment

Nice one. I've always been a fan of the Polo 86c 2F Coupe. Especially with the 1.3l 75hp NZ engine. Looks mint. Any mods on the interiour? Future plans for it?

Keep us posted.
                  38Motion-Member
                  VAG - Von der Wiege bis ins Grab

My Polo / Ibiza build
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46681

Comment

i love these, i wanted one as my first car but i showed a friend them and he beat me to it haha. hardly any about now compared to a few years ago.

alpines look really cool too. you should be able to get a 185/45 on there with a bit of fire, a friend of mine had them on his 6n2 and thats what he ran.
                    Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

alpines look real good!
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I can't explain quite why, but I REALLY like this. Love the Arrow Grey on it!

Comment

Originally posted by SHT View Post
                          Nice one. I've always been a fan of the Polo 86c 2F Coupe. Especially with the 1.3l 75hp NZ engine. Looks mint. Any mods on the interiour? Future plans for it?

Keep us posted.
                          Cheers, yeah it's an NZ with gt bits, interior is leather corrado front seats and leather retrimmed split rear g40 seat. lots of plans never enough time or money haha

Originally posted by Thooooom View Post
                          i love these, i wanted one as my first car but i showed a friend them and he beat me to it haha. hardly any about now compared to a few years ago.

alpines look really cool too. you should be able to get a 185/45 on there with a bit of fire, a friend of mine had them on his 6n2 and thats what he ran.
                          Thanks! but yeah it's just getting a garage willing to do it locally!

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          alpines look real good!
                          Cheers!

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                          I can't explain quite why, but I REALLY like this. Love the Arrow Grey on it!
                          l like it too so... haha, yup lots of people love the colour!

Comment

this is pretty neat

sigpic

Comment

Really cool! Love it on the splits, not sure about the Alpines yet... You said you're doing some new lips for the splits? Going wider?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Working...
                              X