Daily MK4 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily MK4 Golf

Last edited by polobodydrop.90; 12-28-2014, 05:23 AM.
    The lower it gets the better it looks

That is one absolutely ugly golf. Lets see what YOU will do with it.
    Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
    Oh, and your car too.

Comment

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

New thread, new try...

Well, i agree about the style, but don't half-ass it or mix different styles...

My suggestions would be loose the stickers, widen the steelies and do something with
        the interior...
        Like bucket seats, floorcarpet etc...
        The paintjob is kinda cool.

This could restore your reputation... don't fuck it up lol.

Comment

I like rat look, I personally would leave the patina look on there. A wide set of steel smoothies with stretched white walls, bag it, throw sparks.
          The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
          Originally posted by Dubway5887
          I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
              What he said !

Comment

NOOOOOOO NOT THE POLO BODYDROP !!!!! I actually really wanted you to finish that thing man but hey it is what it is. As far as this thing goes... I personally kinda like the paint. I would clean up the interior and get some wheels to freshen it up so it isnt shit. regardless just do you and someone is bound to enjoy your work.
                then i smash yo corolla

Comment

So you abandoned your project just because they changed the laws on the short time license plates? lol.

...anyway, personally I don't like this 'modern oldschool' look at all, it's just an abdomination of the custom style that I also do not like.
                  I do like the current paintjob on the Golf though, it could look quite nice, if you fitted some nice wheels and would clean the Golf up style wise.

Besides: Don't flood your post with pictures, a few well picked ones do a better job than just uploading what's on your SD-Card.

Comment

It's a real shame you ditched the Polo project you'd put a lot of effort into that.

How have you created that paintjob? Was it previously black?

My opinion: It's almost like you're trying too hard to cram every single "Rat" thing into a car, all at the same time. I've never got the whole "One rusty fender" thing, all seems a bit too forced to me. But then you have contrasting things like an alcantara steering wheel, and pretty mint seats, which is confusing me

I agree, you could turn this around into something quite nice, quite easily. All you'd need is a nice set of wheels, banded steels or splits or something, remove a whole load of stickers, get a consistent interior and get it lower, and it's be a really unique car.

That's just my opinion though, you keep doing what makes you happy mate. It always generates a lot of talking points on here at least!

Comment

Originally posted by polobodydrop.90
                      i first have to say thanks for all the replies, good or bad, its your taste and tastes are different as you know.

for my part i stay with the steelies and widewalls and not widen them.

i first do my stuff i have planned cause i have a pic in my head that i think it will look not that bad.

of course its ratstyle or oldschool or whatever you may call it but its still an mk4 and i dont see many rat mk4s here so i do my thing and we will see

btw.: the therm ,,ratstyle" not mean to me hang stupid stuff on your car , rust everything and such stupid stuff...for me it has to be tidy and not garbage everything. just a few bits changed and not overloaded with trash.
                      So what is the point of an oil barrel and a rusted fender when you yourself said its not about throwing garbage and rusting things that aren't needed to be rusted, then talk about being tidy?

Comment

Not a fan of ratstyle at all but im excited what you gonna do with that mk4...
                        would love to see some wide 17" wheels on it, but as you said, its your taste.
                        what did they actually changed with the short time license plates ? would be interesting to know

Comment

I actually like it lol!!

Comment

Working...
                          X