E36 Five Oh Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 Five Oh Swap

So gonna give this build thread thing another go.

This is how my E36 currently sits. Its a 99 323is in Stahlblau sitting on Style 32's. The suspension is a set of AST Zero Clearance coilovers or more commonly known as the "Stanceworks Coilovers".

It's been 5 years since I have owned this car, it is also my first car. I have recently graduated college and have now started working full time. This newly acquired income has given me the opportunity to do something to this car I haven't really had the chance to do. Spend the winter and go balls deep into it. Not sure how much of this I will be able to accomplish but here is a quick rundown of what I would like to do. I have never done this kind of work with motors and such so this is a BIG learning process for me as well. So anybody with any advice or tips is much appreciated.

-Build 302
    -Shave Bay
    -Felony Form Overs
    -Wheels
    -Slide into wall

And it starts with a 302 5.0 V8 from a 91 Foxobdy Mustang I picked up. The motor ran great before it was pulled, only has 41k on it.

Also picked up a T5 Tranny and driveshaft for the swap. Since I'm doing this swap and am taking my time with it, I decided that a 220hp V8 from the factory isn't that great. So I will be giving it a bit more ponies to this pony.

I started the tear down of the motor.

As of right now there is where I am at. The next step is to get it on an engine stand and get this thing in my small ass shed to rebuild. Weather has been crappy the last few days so not much progress has been made.

Painted the GT40p heads that are going in. Whole motor is going to be a Low Gloss Black.

Picked up some Trickflow Upper and Lower Manifolds for a steal the other day, these will also be painted.

As of right now the plans for power are GT40p heads, Trickflow manifolds and B303 Cam. Those along with some other small minor upgrades I have been told by some mustang people, I should be very close to the 300hp range.
    Last edited by oHSo EuRo; 10-01-2014, 08:04 PM.

Wow, nice! I will definitely be following this one. The car already looks amazing!
    [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
    Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

yes this i like

may I suggest the trick flow stage 1 cam though? much better tech now than the alphabet cams.

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

I fucking love this car, it's been my background on my computer for such a long time. Now your doing this crazy shit. I love it so much. You go Glen Co Co

http://smeeezus.tumblr.com/

Instragram @Smeeeb

Comment

im a fan. sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Teeson1111 View Post
            yes this i like

may I suggest the trick flow stage 1 cam though? much better tech now than the alphabet cams.
            I was going to suggest the same thing to you in RT but never had the chance to. Ironically two of my best friends are Mustang fanatics and both have had their fair share of 302 builds, both of which swore never to touch another E303 or B303 cam ever again (unless they were free)

Looking forward to your build, Sean.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Teeson1111 View Post
              yes this i like

Appreciate it man, for the same price and better specs I'll take it. Haha

Originally posted by Smeeeb View Post
              I fucking love this car, it's been my background on my computer for such a long time. Now your doing this crazy shit. I love it so much. You go Glen Co Co
              Thanks! I'll try not to disappoint!

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              I was going to suggest the same thing to you in RT but never had the chance to. Ironically two of my best friends are Mustang fanatics and both have had their fair share of 302 builds, both of which swore never to touch another E303 or B303 cam ever again (unless they were free)

Looking forward to your build, Sean.
              Thanks man. Its the little shit like that that helps. I am by no means a mustang guy at all or an engines expert so any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks Chrisss <3

Comment

this is going to be very amazing, I'm in for more.

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Why such a mild cam? Don't forget to do lifters and pushrods with that cam if it doesnt already come with them.

Torque from that pushrod motor is going to make that car feel like it a 500HP monster at times. I've thrown around the idea of doing this swap several times myself as its stupid easy and its been done many times before.

Run a tap through any threaded hole in that block you take a bolt out of. Iron blocks love to hold onto bolts. Use never-sieze on the header bolts too, it will make your life so much easier if you ever decide to change manifolds.

Dont use any aftermarket edelbrock or holley BS aluminum valve covers, they all leak, and they are flippin ugly. If you want dres up there are some relativley cheap alumunim bare covers on emay that look really nice. And as always, change the water pump, timing chain, etc, hopefully most of this ytou already know but it sucks haveing to take an engine out of the car 3-4 times because you didnt do something right the first time.
                    Last edited by DonkeyPunch; 10-02-2014, 02:51 PM.
                    78 GMC Sierra Grande AKA "Black Betty"-Bagged, chopped, stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyPunch View Post
                      Why such a mild cam? Don't forget to do lifters and pushrods with that cam if it doesnt already come with them.

Torque from that pushrod motor is going to make that car feel like it a 500HP monster at times. I've thrown around the idea of doing this swap several times myself as its stupid easy and its been done many times before.

Run a tap through any threaded hole in that block you take a bolt out of. Iron blocks love to hold onto bolts. Use never-sieze on the header bolts too, it will make your life so much easier if you ever decide to change manifolds.

Dont use any aftermarket edelbrock or holley BS aluminum valve covers, they all leak, and they are flippin ugly. If you want dres up there are some relativley cheap alumunim bare covers on emay that look really nice. And as always, change the water pump, timing chain, etc, hopefully most of this ytou already know but it sucks haveing to take an engine out of the car 3-4 times because you didnt do something right the first time.
                      Was thinking maybe a stage 2 or 3 cam. But pushrods, valves, retainers, lifters and such are all being replaced.

Comment

Nice, looking forward.

If you have any 5.0 questions hit me up

Comment

I really look fwd to this.
                          Mercedes:
                          93' 190E Sportline
                          80' 450SEL 6.9
                          67' 250SE

Comment

Originally posted by GTShunter View Post
                            I really look fwd to this.
                            I really look front wheel drive to this?

lol i agree this is going to be soo badass

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post
                              Nice, looking forward.

If you have any 5.0 questions hit me up
                              Will do man, thanks!

Little bit of progress was made. Got the motor on the stand and into the shed. Thats about where my motivation ended for the day. Will hopefully make more progress tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X