Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another drift truck build

what's up s/w, i'm steve and this is my current money pit

usually i'm not down with the whole "bought not built" thing, but i wanted to get something that was mechanically legit and just needed a good polish. so i stumbled upon this thing. i thought it was pretty rad and its something I've wanted to build since I've had my datsun 720.

now, i am a very particular dude and i don't like rust holes, fire hazards, etc. so i decided to re-do everything myself since whoever originally did the swap literally threw it in there and didn't give a shoot about anything.

sooo, this is my progress so far

couple days after i brought it home

as i was driving the truck home, clutch started slipping. needless to say within 2 weeks of having the truck and doing some big smokey burnouts, had to get one of these
    spec stage 3, figured i'd get something that could take more abuse

this is what the interior looked like when i got it. there was no passenger seat so i had a dodge neon seat just sitting there for a while not bolted in or anything. my girlfriend got pretty tired of it so i needed something more legit

and for some reason, one of the 57 owners of this truck somehow did this. straight up hack sawed through the driver side door jamb and used some black crap to fill it back in.

drove it around for awhile until this happened. went and got sushi and it decided to piss coolant out everywhere. whoever ran the coolant hoses had used a ton of hose clamps and a plastic piece to connect the hoses. guess they figured high temps and lots of pressure wouldn't crack the plastic so i replaced it with a brass one.

there was a birds nest of wires under the dash and going to my battery. i'm not about that life so i decided to start pulling stuff out. tons of terrible grounds, wires running across the pedals and around the seat belts...just terrible. and whoever cut the floor to put the transmission in anticipated it to be bigger i guess, so they cut this giant hole around my trans. the heat from that and my exhaust would roll into my truck making it a mobile sauna. the shifter plate that came stock still didn't cover it so i took it off to see what i was working with

and i decided to tear the already nasty carpet out of there only to open the biggest can of worms yet

cleaned up one side a bit with a ton of simple green, a scotch bright and 3 scrub brushes

which brings to me to today. started welding up the holes a little after work. not the best, but it gets the job done and is gonna get covered anyway

so that's where i'm currently at. i'm trying to get everything done (weld holes, weld diff, change trans fluid and oil, put in hip hand brake instead of under the dash and change the color) before h20 which is within the next 3 weeks.

and for those wondering the mod list,
    rb25 and trans with 70k (when i got it)
    greddy intake mani
    rfl bov
    custom fmic
    custom driveshaft
    q45 throttle body
    magnaflow muffler (side exit under the cab)
    drop shocks all around (have yet to get blocks and turn down tortions, but a 4 link is in the works)
    apexi powerfc stand alone
    sti boost gauge
    apexi turbo timer
    some ccw knock offs
    and of course, a pep boys hula girl

so sick dude! subbed. looking forward to the slip and slide action!

Comment

my bad, i've been busy as hell lately. it doesn't look like i've done much, but i fixed all the fred flinstone rust holes and the door jamb that was glued together. whoever put the ENTIRE UNISIDE on this truck is a kook and i hope you step on a lego barefoot also got the other seat in, painted the front bumper, core support, door jambs, dat 9k shift knob and a sweet grip royal wheel. next is to weld the diff and just keep driving until snow hits
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

that giant hole around my transmission is also on the list of things to do

Comment

this thing is friggin rad

i really wanna see some incar
          FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE

Comment

Love it.
            Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.
            Check out my Bowling Pin Shift Knobs!
            My Mighty Max build
            My Honda turd build

Comment

badass right here
              Mx73 Cressida Build check it out!
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59875

Ig: Japetto516

Comment

Sub'd, i am so glad i am seeing more trucks like this!

Comment

the floor looks a 'little' krusty good luck with it looks like you need it

Comment

Originally posted by Broucksje View Post
                    the floor looks a 'little' krusty good luck with it looks like you need it
                    yeah its pretty bad. I'm not going for show quality here, i wanna get the structure of it legit before i do some actual drifting in the spring time.

Comment

i'm forum retarded so give me a little bit before i figure out how to upload videos...sorry guys

Comment

Nice man. Love seeing more D21's on here, especially with that power plant. If you aren't on there already, sign up over at infamousnissan.com also. Pretty good community, all dedicated to the small Nissan trucks.

Comment

Working...
                        X